HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Survivor: Caramoan Fans vs Favourites

Old
04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Rumors of Favorites vs Families? Could be a joke though

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Habsfan22100

vCash: 500
Wow, that was pretty crazy.

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:59 PM
DatsyukianDeke
Dangle Dangle

I don't understand the voting. Why did Malcolm vote Reynold instead of Andrea ?

DatsyukianDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Rhett4
Say no to Ekblad

What a wacky finish. So Andrea's last minute oaranoia and vote switch paid off. She saved her ass, outed the Malcolm/Reynold alliance, and flushed an idol. Not too shabby.

Malcolm's remaining idol could be interesting, though.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
I don't understand the voting. Why did Malcolm vote Reynold instead of Andrea ?
He was trying to cover some of his bases at that point, thinking they were splitting the vote between him and Reynold (making the vote 5-4 for Reynold). Malcolm is really intelligent and thinks the game through. This happens every year when votes are split (and the split is pretty open), but the two splitees just vote for another and pray, rather than voting for their counterpart.

That was a money play too by both Reynold and Malcolm (more selfishly than Reynold) to make a huge, split-second idol decision like that. Obviously didn't work out, but they're finally using their noodles.

I don't think Corrine and Malcolm shared a ton of information on Dawn.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Crazy episode and looks like Dawn finally breaks down next. It's really hard to pick a favorite to win at this point.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
I was expecting Reynold to suffer the same fate as Erik in his original season.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Bob Cole

great episode

Andrea is playing a great game so far. Hope she wins

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Kadri 4 Hart

I'm blanking out on her name, but how come we almost never see the cute Asian chick scheming at all?

Also, is there anyway that Cochran doesn't win the $100,000 fan vote?

Kadri 4 Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Eytinge

Did Eddie just screw it up for all of them? By letting Andrea know she was in danger, she went into panic mode and the favs went into plan B of voting Micheal instead of Malcolm. If he didn't tell her, Reynold would have given the idol to Malcolm and Andrea would have been sent packing.

Also, WTF are Erik and Brenda doing? Are they going to continue to be free votes for the favs until they don't need them anymore, they should start thinking about voting with Malcolm and Co.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Did Eddie just screw it up for all of them? By letting Andrea know she was in danger, she went into panic mode and the favs went into plan B of voting Micheal instead of Malcolm. If he didn't tell her, Reynold would have given the idol to Malcolm and Andrea would have been sent packing.

Also, WTF are Erik and Brenda doing? Are they going to continue to be free votes for the favs until they don't need them anymore, they should start thinking about voting with Malcolm and Co.
Eddie may have screwed it up, but he also may have saved malcolm. Without andrea going into panic mode, maybe phillip doesnt make that speech (which i'm convinced now was to try to force reynold to play his idol, and possibly malcom if he had one - which he does but no-one knows about). So malcolm and reynold are sitting there thinking their plan worked and the original favs plan goes through, sending malcolm home. Malcolm was right - that speech was directed at him, and i think the favorites were actually hoping that reynold would use the idol on malcolm to try to pull a huge move - and fail.

as for erik and brenda, it seems they are trying to wait in the middle of the favorites and become important later in the game when the favorites self-cannibalize. At that point they can side with phillip or side with whoever is against him (my bet was cochran and dawn, but it looks like dawn is about to blow up).

04-11-2013, 02:05 AM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 100
That was bat**** crazy. Also I ****** love Malcom, despite that not working. Dude's brilliant strategically. Hope he steamrolls here.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:47 AM
The Messiah

Is Dawn the most annoying/worst Survivor contestant ever? Gawd she sucks

The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

My wife and I were trying to figure out if Eddie was playing Andrea, or Andrea was playing Eddie. We both thought the opposite. I think she got him at the end though by getting him to reveal it was her.

Another wild finish, and I thought that when Malcolm figured out Philip's speech and played the idol that Andrea was screwed; but maybe Philip is much smarter than I give him credit for!! Crazy appears to be his game.

And Brenda is invisible, she doesn't appear to be talking to anyone about anything; not sure if she is just completely under the radar, or what. Strange edit.

And agree that Cochran should win the fan vote; hope he does. Actually hope he wins the whole thing. Anyone know how you vote for the player of the season???

Last edited by SPV: 04-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
gabeliscious

if eddie wouldnt have had that conversation with andrea then malcolm would have been voted out. they all seemed pretty happy to get rid of him. with malcolm gone it would have been nothing for them to get rid of the gay, reynold and then eddie.

im not sure eddie knew by telling andrea he saved malcolm but at least they all live to fight another day.

whats the deal with dawn? she seems like such a headcase. hopefully she goes nuts next week and gets voted off.

there is something very endearing about cocharane. i really hope he wins. he seems really smart and able to think through situations. would be interesting to see a cochrane, malcolm, andrea final 3. would be real hard to pick the winner.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Laying low until the other alliances are picked off is actually a decent strategy. Wait until it's the final 5 or 6 and then try to plan seeds within the core alliance about how it's better to be the one that double-crosses than the one that's double-crossed. IMHO, the core alliance is actually two alliances of two (Philip/Andrea & Dawn/Cochrane) so if they can eliminate Malcolm/Reynold/Eddie, Brenda and/or Erik could be seen as swing votes when the original alliance has to turn on each other.

If they jumped over to the Malcolm & company alliance now, they'd be in the same boat that they were before: the lowest people on an alliance's totem pole. Except that they'd also have jurors that saw them as people that jumped alliances and might be less inclined to give them the money at the end.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

I think Malcolm is in trouble now; he basically threw it out there that he is not with the favorites anymore by convincing Reynold to give him the idle. Dare I say it was a genius move by Philip and he outsmarted him?? No, that can't be right!!!!

I think we'll see a lot of fancy editing the next few weeks; but I don't expect much more flopping. If Dawn quits next week (which they are alluding to in the previews), the 'favorites + Sherri' can ride it out until 6 and then eat each other. Of course I'm usually wrong about this every season; so what the heck do I know!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

Malcolm bugs me this year, acting like he's running the show when he's 2 steps behind every time.

Don't think Malcolm will be around much longer at all.

04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
I was half paying attention during tribal so I was really lost. Whatever thought Reynold was gonna go, but I can live with Michael going. Half the episode I was wondering who Michael was.

starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:24 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
No different than he was before, although I don't think it's possible for him to do something as stupid as he did then.
Watch the interview with him on this page. He's got the season nailed. They never showed this on the show, but he's playing perfectly.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...s-episode-9/7/

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
Is Dawn the most annoying/worst Survivor contestant ever? Gawd she sucks

I like her more than that facts of life idiot from last season.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I like her more than that facts of life idiot from last season.
Both are terrible. Emotional older women annoy me in survivor.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
ASlick11

Andrea sporting the headband look at Tribal last night may have been my favorite part of the season so far

ASlick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Watch the interview with him on this page. He's got the season nailed. They never showed this on the show, but he's playing perfectly.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...s-episode-9/7/
Good for him. Looks like he learned a lot from his previous season. If he gets to the final tribal then that would be a good type of speech to use.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:31 AM
BlackStar

This season delivers!

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote