HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
03-02-2013, 06:03 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
IMO, Leblanc is a very talented player and we should be training him as a 2nd/3rd line center.

Make him the 1st line center in Hamilton, give him good wingers, like say Blunden and Holland, or Kristo and Holland next year, and play him 20-22 minutes a game in all situations.

We're stacked at center but that could change. Galchenyuk is our 1st line center of the future but he could be injured at any time. Plekanec could be gone soon. DD I expect to be gone soon or to be converted to wing. Eller... I expect to be a good player, but Leblanc could become better.

At the start of next season, after he has put on 5-10 lbs of muscle in the offseason, when Leblanc is healed, give him a good 30 or 40 games with Holland and Kristo as linemates, let them roll, and see what they can do.

No more Tenute and no more Chaput please.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
RussCourtnall6
Rookie User

I've seen a few Bulldog games this year, including one at Copps.

Leblanc looked disinterested, and unmotivated. A real shame for a guy who this time last year looked like he would be a mainstay on the Habs forward lines for years.

I have little hope for him at this point.

RussCourtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Tyson

The high ankle injury really threw his season for a spin. I think he had two goals after two games then he got hurt. No way he is a bust but Bournival could pass him up if Louis does not elevate his game.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Mr. Hab

I have faith in Leblanc.

Maybe we just have to turn the page on this Bulldogs' season for Leblanc. Next season could be a good one for Leblanc.

OR

He may still get a chance this season (and hopefully not because of more injuries/concussions to our HAB players). This current version of Leblanc doesn't sound like him...doesn't sound like the real Leblanc.

Can't wait to see the real Leblanc again.
(I'll be here patiently waiting with all the rest of you loyal Leblanc fans like me!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-03-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

He seems to be picking up points regularly lately, hope he can crank it up down the stretch.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He seems to be picking up points regularly lately, hope he can crank it up down the stretch.
Good news...do you know who are Leblanc's wingers?
Hopefully he's on the 1st line...getting all the minutes to make that comeback.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
The high ankle injury really threw his season for a spin. I think he had two goals after two games then he got hurt. No way he is a bust but Bournival could pass him up if Louis does not elevate his game.
The guy is probably unmotivated for numerous reasons.

1- his injury of course doesn't help.

2- in the off season, bergevin acquired two new guys on the UFA market to play on the two bottom lines;

3- If the season would had started back in September, I have strong doubts that the two Gallys would had made the team.

4- Leblanc has played for five different teams in 5 years with seven different coaches....

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Good news...do you know who are Leblanc's wingers?
Hopefully he's on the 1st line...getting all the minutes to make that comeback.
A few games ago he was playing with Bournival and Chaput on the first line. Bournival centering the line.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Leblanc was on the top line last night, had some chances but I didn't see the entire game. The sad part about the Dogs goal scoring woes is that now with Dumont on the NHL roster, Leblanc is 2nd on the Dogs in goals with 8, one behind Blunden.

I hope this season is just a write off for Leblanc and that he can bounce back next year, the current Hamilton team is playing better but they struggle to score as pointed out by the fact that one of the two top goal scorers on the team if you included non-active players would be Gallagher who has been in the NHL the entire time yet his 10 goals is only behind Dumont's 15 for the team lead.

So while Leblanc is having a very rough season compared to last year we'll see what next year brings, will be interesting to see if management makes any changes to the coaching staff in Hamilton over the summer or if they think the teams struggles are more their fault.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Why is Lefevbre still the hamilton coach this team is a disgrace. Lol #noexcuses

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote