Notices

Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp

Old
01-17-2013, 11:32 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilts79 View Post
How's Sbisa looking at camp? Any word on the PP units? He should have a break out year.
Looking good, should be improved from last season. He'll be on the 2nd PP unit with Beauch most likely.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
He battles injuries because he's a small defensemen whos in his late 30's
He battles injuries but the Lubo discussion recently in this thread has been he compared to Souray, and Souray is injured more often than Lubo.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
He had Ryan on a line for a while last year and didn't light it up. My point is that he hasn't earned the right to be handed our 2nd line center spot. I personally would have rather just let Koivu walked and let Bonino take that spot while we added a real 2nd line center. I guess for me, he's more of a 4th line center than a 2nd line center, on a BB team anyway.
He's being handed the opportunity to be our 2C. It's not his to keep, yet.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
He's being handed the opportunity to be our 2C. It's not his to keep, yet.
True and I don't expect him to hold it. However I don't think it should be his to lose in the first place based on his last season.

Oh well though, we've really kinda beaten the subject to death so it's probably time to move on. I hope you guys are right and I am wrong, I just don't agree with the way Murray has handled the offseason, which is nothing new. Appreciate you guys keeping it civil.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Moving on. I really hate the idea of bringing Gomez in RIGHT NOW. If we are gonna bring in another top 6 center, I'm fine with sending Holland down. However I'd rather see what he can do than bring in Gomez.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
2faded

I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised by either Bonino or Holland as our 2C.

And why are people even considering Gomez? Wtf? Wasnt there a countdown of how long it had been since he scored a goal last season? And I thought I was high.

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
He had Ryan on a line for a while last year and didn't light it up. My point is that he hasn't earned the right to be handed our 2nd line center spot. I personally would have rather just let Koivu walked and let Bonino take that spot while we added a real 2nd line center. I guess for me, he's more of a 4th line center than a 2nd line center, on a BB team anyway.
Koivu on the team increases the chances of Selanne on the team, so while I agree with you, I'd prefer to see Selanne one last time. Regardless, keeping Bonino on the 4th line means he never improves.

Bonino actually put up 6 points in the last 9 games - playing with Ryan.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
He battles injuries but the Lubo discussion recently in this thread has been he compared to Souray, and Souray is injured more often than Lubo.
Sure, but even when healthy the only real way Visnovsky is contributing is when he is putting points on the board. Yeah yeah transition, but fowler, Sbisa, and Lydman are also undersized puck movers, and even Beauch is somewhat undersized for the position. The size should carry more weight (pun) on this team than Visnovsky's redundancy.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nothing has been handed to Bonino. He has 160 pro games to his credit, worked his way up the lineup while he got his audition last season, put in the work they told him to put in every off season, trended upwards every year, and now he's ready. Boudreau says he's ready, Ryan says he's ready, Murray says he's ready. That's how this works.

But, no. Let's spend money we don't have on Jokinen of all people. That's not how budget teams manage themselves. They spend on money on areas of real concern: for example, a weak, ineffective defense with young players who are exposed in minutes and vulnerable physically. They maximize the resources they have to allocate by closely monitoring their young players so that they play when they're ready. In other words, so that there are as few overlaps as possible, no money being redundantly spent on luxury backup players. You may not like Bonino, but his time is now. Spending millions on a ridiculous stopgap while more pressing problem exist elsewhere, and while there are players ready to fill these roles, simply does not make sense.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Koivu on the team increases the chances of Selanne on the team, so while I agree with you, I'd prefer to see Selanne one last time. Regardless, keeping Bonino on the 4th line means he never improves.

NHL tonight on NHL network thinks Selanne will continue to play after this season. Melrose thinks he will continue to play along with Dredger, Ward, and Weeks. So I'm stoked about it.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:

I don't think Koivu was the make or break point for Teemu but I know what you're saying. I hope Bones and Ryan can pick up where they left off then, I'm not just not gonna hold my breath.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Looking good, should be improved from last season. He'll be on the 2nd PP unit with Beauch most likely.
Beauch was playing 1st PP with Fowler in the scrimmage.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Was Souray on the other team?

Old
01-18-2013, 12:21 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Was Souray on the other team?
Believe so. That would be the explanation for the unusual PP pairing

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
There are the locker room issues, the streakiness, and the chemistry problems every team he's been with for the last few seasons have had to fight. Ask yourself this, why wasn't a player as consistent you pointed out one of the most highly sought after forwards after Parise? Why wasn't there a queue of suitors after this guy? Was there a lack of need for top six centers around this league?
Fair enough and I do agree. That's why I don't want to get into whether or not we should have signed him debate because I think there are other issues with Jokinen and if he was a fit Koivu and Selanne would have lobbied hard for him. On the ice I do like what he brings to the table but obviously there is a lot more to consider than just pure on ice abilities.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 50
Quote:
This is because Souray was on the black squad. While Fowler was on the White squad. On the first day of camp at Honda Center during the 2nd session 1st PP was Fowler and Souray with Selanne, Perry, and Getzlaf 2nd PP was Sbisa with 4 forwards Bonino, Ryan, Palmieri, and Holland (Maroon was changing out on the 2nd PP unit also). This may be because Beauch was working PK with Lydman. We will see Saturday.

DuckTech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Static

Ryan on the point makes me cringe.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
4 of which were in a two game span. He also went 9 games without a point before two game span and only had 2 points in his last 7 games so consistency is an issue for Bonino.

Surprisingly enough, Bonino's line produced the most offensively season with a combination of Beleskey, Coglaino and Palmieri (although the numbers with Palmieri are taken from a much smaller sample size).

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Well, I guess the pairings/combos gets confusing when you don't have enough guys for two full rosters and you split your team in half. The 1st line went against the second line And so, while neither Teemu nor Bobby were on the PP with Getz and Perry, I assumed (shouldn't have gone there) the D pairings were legit for the 1st PP.

Maybe BB was preparing for Souray's first injury?

Old
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Static

Quote:
Well, I guess the pairings/combos gets confusing when you don't have enough guys for two full rosters and you split your team in half. The 1st line went against the second line And so, while neither Teemu nor Bobby were on the PP with Getz and Perry, I assumed (shouldn't have gone there) the D pairings were legit for the 1st PP.

Maybe BB was preparing for Souray's first injury?
They probably split the teams according to even strength lines, both forwards and dmen.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
There are the locker room issues, the streakiness, and the chemistry problems every team he's been with for the last few seasons have had to fight.
This whole Olli beeing locker room cancer is way too much exaggerated... typical HFboards mentality. When he was younger and stupid there was definately douchery in Olli but I'll say as a veteran these days he is a different person.

.................................................. ..

So Sami is still hanging in the team?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Exit Dose

Does anyone know what the PK units were during the scrimmages? Both forwards and D.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
They probably split the teams according to even strength lines, both forwards and dmen.
Yeah, you're probably right. I remember Hendry and Guenin paired on the black team with Souray and Sbisa. So by default I guess Fowler was better teamed with Beauch on the PP than Allen or Lydman. Not much to chose from there.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Does anyone know what the PK units were during the scrimmages? Both forwards and D.
I'm sorry but I was scrambling to take pictures the first two days and when I watched the scrimmage I was more focused on Fowler. Not enough eyeballs to take it all in.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
NHL tonight on NHL network thinks Selanne will continue to play after this season. Melrose thinks he will continue to play along with Dredger, Ward, and Weeks. So I'm stoked about it.
They also managed to highlight DSP as a possible contributor and failed to even mention Palmieri and Holland.

PS - Damn I missed these "discussions".

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote