HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to NJ

Old
01-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Hemsky to NJ

Fourthperiod had a rumor that Devils are interested in Hemsky.

That being said, if the Devils add Hemsky, it'll likely be a deal centering out Tallinder or Volchenkov as none of the other defenseman will likely be moved.

That being said, Oilers fans, how much more would the Devils have to add onto Tallinder or Volchenkov, in your opinion? The only other guys that might be moved (although less probable than Tallinder) would be Greene or Fayne and preferably they both stay.

Hemsky for Tallinder/Volchenkov + ??????

Last edited by Zippy316: 01-12-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Kershaw

Fayne for Hemsky. imo

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Carlzner

Makes a lot of sense... Oilers need defense and Devils need wingers...

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:06 PM
tycobb

No way the Devils trade Fayne for Hemsky.

tycobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
hlaverty06

I'd be shocked if Lou traded Fayne for Hemsky

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Devils need a quality defenceman to give up first of all.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Would most likely be Tallinder + or Volchenkov +

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:08 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
They're all quality D, they're just not all superstars which you shouldn't expect to get for Hemsky

Old
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Tallinder is a quality 2nd pairing guy.

Fayne is 25 years old and may be our best defense-man. No way we trade a cheap young defenseman for a guy that hasn't been healthy in 4 years.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Paralyzer008

Not a rumor, just a suggestion.

The article suggested that Isles/Jets/Panthers/Devils COULD have an interest in a guy like Hemsky.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
I'm doubting Edmonton wants to trade Hemsky for anyone like Fayne or Tallinder.

Plus it's the FourthPeriod

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zippy316

Quote:
If the Devils don't have quality defenseman, than I really feel for the Oilers. Don't give be this ******** about how Petry is so good either, Fayne>>>Petry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I'm doubting Edmonton wants to trade Hemsky for anyone like Fayne or Tallinder.

Plus it's the FourthPeriod
Tallinder is really underestimated here, and the trade is very probably in terms of needs and surpluses. Tallinder would be the third or fourth best Oilers defenseman, easy. Arguably the second best.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:13 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Pass on both, Volchenkov would not waive his NTC and the Oilers wouldn't want his contract. If anything NJ needs Volchenkov for the grit he supplies, and if anything they need to add more. Tallinder is too soft for what the Oilers need and there is a question on his health status. Is there a chance that the blood clots could come back and he also has had back problems.

Best hold on to Hemsky and see what he does and if he can stay healthy. If he remains healthy, NJ would have to add a lot. From the looks of things he Devils don't have anything they would be willing to trade that the Oilers would want.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Reign Nateo

Man look around the league past your own team people. Devils have quality defencemen that could net them Ales "IR" Hemsky.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Pass on both, Volchenkov would not waive his NTC and the Oilers wouldn't want his contract. If anything NJ needs Volchenkov for the grit he supplies, if anything they need to add more. Tallinder is too soft for what the Oilers need and there is a question on his health status. Is there a chance that the blood clots could come back and he also has had back problems.

Best hold on to Hemsky and see what he does and if he can stay healthy. If he remains healthy, NJ would have to add a lot. From the looks of things he Devils don't have anything they would be willing to trade that the Oilers would want.
Understandable, but Tallinder is really being underestimated here. Hypothetically speaking, what would the Devils have to add to Tallinder to make you do this deal.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Roof Daddy

It has been discussed on these boards for quite some time, but I personally don't see any reason to do the deal. I'm content with our D going into the season. I'd prefer to see if Hemmer can bounce back with a healthy season as well as if he can make the conversion to LW opposite Yak, or if we roll 3 balanced scoring lines of Hall-Gagner-Ebs, Jones-Nuge-Yak, Smyth-Horc-Hemsky. NJ had quite a bit of success last year with the same strategy (wasn't the Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line the 3rd line in the playoffs)?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Man look around the league past your own team people. Devils have quality defencemen that could net them Ales "IR" Hemsky.
It's probably the same people that will argue that Petry is better than every Devils defenseman. Devils defenseman have been getting overlooked since the days of Rafalski and Niedermayer, even though they constantly prove people wrong. If they are getting the job done, they have to be good, but people refuse to accept that.

Old
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Young Fayne's trade value is somewhat discounted due to him being eligible for UFA status in 1.5 years.

01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Understandable, but Tallinder is really being underestimated here. Hypothetically speaking, what would the Devils have to add to Tallinder to make you do this deal.
Like I said the Devils don't have anything that they would be willing to trade and Tallinder is not a option.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
It has been discussed on these boards for quite some time, but I personally don't see any reason to do the deal. I'm content with our D going into the season. I'd prefer to see if Hemmer can bounce back with a healthy season as well as if he can make the conversion to LW opposite Yak, or if we roll 3 balanced scoring lines of Hall-Gagner-Ebs, Jones-Nuge-Yak, Smyth-Horc-Hemsky. NJ had quite a bit of success last year with the same strategy (wasn't the Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line the 3rd line in the playoffs)?

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus was the second line for a majority of the season, the playoffs the lines changed constantly. They were the second line when together. The third line was usually something like Ponikarovski-Henrique-Clarkson.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:18 PM
oiler-dude

I see Tallinder only played 39 Regular Season and 3 Playoff games. Was he injured, or was he playing bad?

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
I see Tallinder only played 39 Regular Season and 3 Playoff games. Was he injured, or was he playing bad?
Injured had a blood clot in his leg that went away and he came back for 3 games in the SCF and was devils best D in those games. He's a big dude and he's mobile.

Old
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
That was actually our 2nd line most of the season, but Sykora didn't dress for many playoff games.

Old
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
He had some injury problems, but they were more freak injuries than anything. He got back spasms from like bending over and tying his shoe or something like that, and then soon after he came back from that, he had blood clot problems but stepped right into the SCF in Game 4.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

As a Devils fan, I have very little interest in Ales Glass-ky.

Tallinder or Volchenkov is the type of comparable Oiler fans should expect in return regardless of the team on the other end.

No chance on earth does Mark Fayne get traded unless it's in a package for a Top 6 impact winger (which Hemsky is assuredly not). He pretty quietly became a stalwart last year for the Devils and was chewing up tons of minutes in all situations.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote