The avies were spread through out the other thread making them hard to find. I thought I'd compile all the avatars in the first few posts here and add to them as they are created by CT, me or anyone else making them.
Here are some possible topics for the "Last time the Leafs made the playoffs..." theme, some of them really put the length of 9 years into perspective.
2003 The recession that started in 2001 subsided causing more spending power. 2003 also re-introduced Dance Dance Revolution, a popular active dance simulator originally released in 1998 but which hadn't caught on in the US. The controversial Da Vinci Code was published in this year. MySpace grew into a massive social networking web site in the course of a few months. McDonald's began airing the "I'm Lovin' It" ads. Guys wearing pink and girls wearing ponchos were trends. The Bungee Ball was extremely popular in 2003 Enlarge The Bungee Ball was extremely popular in 2003
* 1980s nostalgia hits mainstream, replacing the 1970s nostalgia of the 1990s (2003± – Present)
* Boho-chic (2003± - 2005±)
* Bungee Balls (2003)
* Crunk music explosion (2002 – 2006±)
* Dance Dance Revolution (2003± – 2006)
* The Da Vinci Code book (2003 - present)
* Fantasy sports boom (2003 - 2005)
* Flash mobs such as Pillow fight flash mobs and Zombie Walks (2003 – Present)
* McDonalds I'm Lovin It ad campaign and their healthy eating campaign with
What about comparing one of the Leafs from our last playoff team to a current leaf on this team. Like having Orr in the front and Domi faded in the back, or Belak (RIP) in the front and Maclaren in the front - like my goons