HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Considering NHL Gamecenter live - any thoughts?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
holden57

vCash: 500
So far I've been using GCL with unblock-us streaming through my computer to HDMI cord to my TV and the quality is perfectly fine. I have solid internet, so I haven't had any buffering problems at all. The games are available for replay right away. Definitely worth the money so far, I just hope the PS3 app will be bug free when it is finally released.

holden57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
CBinTokyo

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57 View Post
So far I've been using GCL with unblock-us streaming through my computer to HDMI cord to my TV and the quality is perfectly fine. I have solid internet, so I haven't had any buffering problems at all. The games are available for replay right away. Definitely worth the money so far, I just hope the PS3 app will be bug free when it is finally released.
The PS3 had a lot of stuttering issues last year. I believe it is a limitation with the PS3 itself. I have had a lot of issues streaming HD media to it in the past. I think it is because of the way it handles buffering for video on the hardware itself. But like you, I am hoping!

CBinTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
TheSilencer

I have a stupid question...is there any way to run hockeystreams.com on ps3?

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
theripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
I have a stupid question...is there any way to run hockeystreams.com on ps3?
it will probably run,in fact on hockeystreams.com, they say it works on ps3, but the question is,how well does it run? yes ps3 has flash,and you'll have to use the browser,but my experience with flash on the ps3 is that the video is jerky. In i wasn't able to get nhl gamecenter live to work though,even though it is flash.

theripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
ColossusOfClout

I'm currently living in South Korea and subscribed to Gamecenter Live last week. I had no problem whatsoever watching the Ott-Wpg game on Saturday, but now I can't open any games at all. Even the ones from last June. I'm getting a blank screen that only has the score bar at the top when I hit the "Watch" button. Trying to go through recap isn't working either. This is seriously irritating me. I haven't heard back from the NHL.com support crew in 2 days. Any ideas, lads?

ColossusOfClout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Try different browser, or try installing Hotspotshield. That could potentially fix it. Sometimes, the problem is as simple as you got signed out from last time.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:03 PM
CBinTokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusOfClout View Post
I'm currently living in South Korea and subscribed to Gamecenter Live last week. I had no problem whatsoever watching the Ott-Wpg game on Saturday, but now I can't open any games at all. Even the ones from last June. I'm getting a blank screen that only has the score bar at the top when I hit the "Watch" button. Trying to go through recap isn't working either. This is seriously irritating me. I haven't heard back from the NHL.com support crew in 2 days. Any ideas, lads?
No Idea. I am in Japan and can watch just fine. I do go through unblock-us, even though it isn't necessary (I have it for Netflix). You watching it on the PC?

Old
01-22-2013, 07:53 PM
DIrwin

hey guys I have unblock-us and GCL but I've had serious quality issues sometimes it's like watching an internet stream

Firstly I use google chrome so can anyone tell me if this may be the problem?

I'll admit I don't have that great of a laptop so maybe it just can't stream very well or lags with HQ videos.

I have a mid level rogers internet package that I believe is 12-15 mb/ps download so maybe I need to upgrade my internet?

Any help would be appreciated!

DIrwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
mt99808

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrwin View Post
hey guys I have unblock-us and GCL but I've had serious quality issues sometimes it's like watching an internet stream

I'll admit I don't have that great of a laptop so maybe it just can't stream very well or lags with HQ videos.

I have a mid level rogers internet package that I believe is 12-15 mb/ps download so maybe I need to upgrade my internet?

Just because Rogers advertises that doesn't mean you're getting it. Test it.

mt99808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:18 PM
CBinTokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrwin View Post

Like the poster above said, test it. Go to speedtest.net and see what you are getting. If you can sustain anything over 3Mbps then your bandwidth should be fine. Are you able to get around the blackouts now?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:57 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
it will probably run,in fact on hockeystreams.com, they say it works on ps3, but the question is,how well does it run? yes ps3 has flash,and you'll have to use the browser,but my experience with flash on the ps3 is that the video is jerky. In i wasn't able to get nhl gamecenter live to work though,even though it is flash.
How about those media boxes? like Boxee, Roku etc. I finally parted ways with my Rogers cable and i've been looking for alternative ways to watch hockey since it's literally the only thing i watch live on TV. I actually have a xbox but there's the extra cost of xbox live. To my knowledge, there's no such online subscription fee for PS3 right?

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:23 AM
paulster2626
Shape up or ship out

vCash: 400
Quote:
How about those media boxes? like Boxee, Roku etc. I finally parted ways with my Rogers cable and i've been looking for alternative ways to watch hockey since it's literally the only thing i watch live on TV. I actually have a xbox but there's the extra cost of xbox live. To my knowledge, there's no such online subscription fee for PS3 right?
Apple TV is fantastic for this. If you also own an iDevice, it's a no brainier.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:27 AM
CBinTokyo

Quote:
I use both a Roku and a PS3 (but this year the PS3 app isn't out yet). There is no subscription fee for being connected on the PS3.

The Roku has been working great, but I find the app a little clunky. Once the game is going it is totally fine.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Predaleafs

hey guys, stupid question here, but if for example the Leafs play the Pens on TSN. the leafs feed would be blacked out, but could i not watch it on the Pens feed?

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
^ Ha ha, no.

NHL wants you to watch TSN, so TSN's sponsors as well as your cable company can be happy.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

All these packages and crap are so pointless when you have ATDHE.NET...almost every game is streamed, the quality is good to excellent all the time and it very rarely freezes or lags... plus it is free....stop giving the NHL your money!!! (Sorry if this sounds like promoting stuff..I just like to save my fellow hockey fans some cash whenever I can).

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
All these packages and crap are so pointless when you have ATDHE.NET...almost every game is streamed, the quality is good to excellent all the time and it very rarely freezes or lags... plus it is free....stop giving the NHL your money!!! (Sorry if this sounds like promoting stuff..I just like to save my fellow hockey fans some cash whenever I can).
can you get it on a PS3? I'm currently streaming via hockeystreams.com with my computer hooked up to my tv. I'd rather via ps3 but GCL doesn't have their crap together.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
hey guys, stupid question here, but if for example the Leafs play the Pens on TSN. the leafs feed would be blacked out, but could i not watch it on the Pens feed?
No. It's blacked out on both sides.

You need a VPN to get around it.

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
mt99808

I had to work 14 hours today so I get home around 10:30 turn on my Roku to watch the game and only highlights or the condensed game are available. Is this normal? I ended up watching on my iPad and checking the Roku periodically ... It was eventually available but not until 2-3 hours after the game ended. This make no sense because highlights and condensed games require editing while the full game does not.

mt99808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:24 AM
peety16

A bonus to GC is that you're able to sign in on multiple different devices so Ive gotten a buddy to pay half. Gamecenter for 25 bucks aint too shabby

peety16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 AM
vflawiess

So if im using GCL and unblock-us, can i watch the TSN feeds on GCL or do they still not let you?

vflawiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 AM
FlowNoMo
GO MARLIES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGHeR View Post
So if im using GCL and unblock-us, can i watch the TSN feeds on GCL or do they still not let you?
It will let you.

Loving this service!

Set up my xbox with unblock-us, turned on gamecenter, turned off unblock-us and was able to watch the Leafs game perfectly.

The only small problem is it buffers once in a while. So I've basically just paused it when it starts and watched it 15 mins after the fact.. can fast forward through commercials and stuff so it works out well.

FlowNoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:51 AM
The Kessel Run

I can't watch any condensed games. The only games showing up in the vault are the Kings/Devils playoff games. Anyone know the scoop on this? Thanks!

The Kessel Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Dr Turk

Does anyone have trouble signing into the xbox app? I got GCL yesterday and its working fine on my computer but whenever I try to sign in on my xbox it says incorrect password/username even though I know they're right

Dr Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
RomanianLeafs

this idiots are saying to me that i need to subscribe??? i subscribed 1 week ago for 2 months wtf...their chat is off, their phone is off, unbelievable...

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote