HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Top 6 what? D-men?

I know the Leafs system was just as bad as the Canucks for allowing odd man chances but really if you watch the games the Canucks play pretty damn wide open and the D pinch like crazy.

Luongo would definitely have won the Leafs 10-12 more games last season.
Top six forwards....

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
Honestly its the internet, I wouldn't take it to seriously.

You're arguing with a 13 yr old for all you know. All teams have dumb fans that make dumb offers.
Hell even bloggers of other teams getting into it:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...ghts/155/48438
Quote:
Clarke MacArthur, Tyler Bozak and Stuart Percy for Roberto Luongo, Manny Malhotra a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick
Insane.

Old
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
Honestly its the internet, I wouldn't take it to seriously.

You're arguing with a 13 yr old for all you know. All teams have dumb fans that make dumb offers.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Top six forwards....
? GF for the Leafs and Nucks were pretty close...

Hence why Canuck fans have thought the Leafs were looking to prevent goals... (granted the Leafs PK is fairly bad too).

Old
01-13-2013, 09:51 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Good job, you used my words against me? You are so witty, may I subscribe to your newsletter?

Who's stopping you from reading? you said you were done with this thread, so why continue to post?

Canuck fans want fair market value for an ELITE goaltender. Yes, he is elite. You are going to pay for him if you want him, if you don't, as you have made clear, it's fine. Don't, enjoy losing I mean the leafs are the only team to not make the playoffs since the previous lock out. You'd think the fans might want to do whatever it took to at least enjoy hockey in April. But then again, maybe after losing for so long, combined with the raptors and blue jays, Toronto fans are just used to losing.
When did I say that buddy? Please, show me word for word, where I said that.

And your last paragraph is a hypocritical piece of ****. This is what I meant the entire time. Leaf fans say no, then a Canuck fan rambles on about how the Leafs are going to keep losing and we won't see the playoffs for x many more years because we don't have him.

What I want is a Canucks fan to seriously answer me with how giving up Gardiner, Kadri, Frattin and possibly Finn or a 2nd rd pick or Bozak doesn't set us back at all? Please, do tell. Please tell me how Luongo can play centre as well fill the void of a PMD.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
? GF for the Leafs and Nucks were pretty close...

Hence why Canuck fans have thought the Leafs were looking to prevent goals... (granted the Leafs PK is fairly bad too).
GF =/= same quality top six forwards. You know yourself that the Sedins + Kesler trump Kessel, Lupul and Grabovski. We played a very wide open risky style with poor coaching, and we allowed a lot of goals and got schooled many games. The Canucks are a higher quality team and made it to the finals 2 years ago. Yes, Luongo did his part, but so did the rest of the team.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardinerExpressway View Post
It has nothing to do with common ground. It's that you bully and snark at any and everyone you can up and down the thread. Your points (some of which are well made) are lost in how rude you're being to everyone all the time. It is only epically more frustrating that you missed my point entirely and insist on playing the victim to my post. Passive agressivity at its worst.
Playing the victim as well as being a bully...I must be entirely out of it, because aside from a few posts, which after the fact are edited to emphasize the fact that the poster was kidding, I had been no worse or better then anyone in these threads. I've had my warnings, I'm not enthusiastic to push the envelop further.

Reading "Bozak and a 1st, done" after 50+ threads of speculation, 90% of which is worse then you're accusing me of being, of the closest thing we have had to a super star since Bure was dealt for peanuts after saying "no, we politely decline" doesn't sit well. I am confident you are either missing many of my back and forths, and amiable terms, with Leafs fans who are stating their reasons for not wanting to sell the farm, or you're misreading any of my posts that aren't retaliatory or in any way intended to be vindictive. When I say things like "best of luck" to posters saying they won't pay what we, or even I, would want, I'm not being insincere.

The first post of mine you cited, was a reply to my reply of "Bozak and a 1st, done", which I thought I'd handled with the same humour, if you wish to call it that from your teams side, calling me out for being unrealistic and not listening. You jumped in at literally the worst that got as well.

Aside from myself personally, you seem very, very, very one sided on this "fairness" issue, as since the first rumours about Luongo being moved came out, Canucks fans have been bludgeoned with "take it or your team will suck for years to come" posts. If you're upset at how I come across, I politely, humbly and sincerely, request you read through past threads. It seems the language of the "Luongo" threads.

Old
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
which is why gillis is getting what he is asking for..... yea
Was there a single trade this off season for a long term contract? No. There actually weren't many trades of significance period.

You do realize that most GMs we're waiting on the new CBA to see where the cap would be, where the long term contract would be, etc.

We aren't even at 24 hours since trades are allowed to happen. Also, given the season is a week away, there is a high probability that Luongo isn't going anywhere as teams evaluate what they have. It could take a while or even until the off season and amnesty buyouts opening cap space before Luongo goes anywhere.

He's okay with that and so are we as fans. I'll take patience over panic and wait for a better return.

Old
rune74

Quote:

And your last paragraph is a hypocritical piece of ****. This is what I meant the entire time. Leaf fans say no, then a Canuck fan rambles on about how the Leafs are going to keep losing and we won't see the playoffs for x many more years because we don't have him.

What I want is a Canucks fan to seriously answer me with how giving up Gardiner, Kadri, Frattin and possibly Finn or a 2nd rd pick or Bozak doesn't set us back at all? Please, do tell. Please tell me how Luongo can play centre as well fill the void of a PMD.
Or the canucks fan says no to some seriously lopsided deal and the leaf fan goes on about ten years of paying for him blah blah blah.

The reason he makes sense for toronto is if you want to attract those big name free agents you have to have at least something for them to want to come. We keep hearing how much cap space free you will have next year, however if you don't have anything attractive it will be like every other year where we hear how many players are going to the leafs that end up elsewhere. Surely you can see that.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:

Are you talking about how a trade for just one of them or all of them (Gardiner, Kadri, Frattin, Finn/Bozak)?

That's the problem i'm having with Leaf fans. Some say losing any of them will "gut" the Leafs, some say losing more than a couple...

Leaf fans seem similar to where the management have been: Some want to crash and rebuild, some want to try to be good while crashing and rebuilding and the team always falls into the middle of that.

Silly way to do it. Get the best players you can. That attracts more good players to the team. Granted you need a base of okay players but that isn't that complicated.

They are right though, TANK and do a complete overhaul or try to build a team.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Was there a single trade this off season for a long term contract? No. There actually weren't many trades of significance period.

You do realize that most GMs we're waiting on the new CBA to see where the cap would be, where the long term contract would be, etc.

We aren't even at 24 hours since trades are allowed to happen. Also, given the season is a week away, there is a high probability that Luongo isn't going anywhere as teams evaluate what they have. It could take a while or even until the off season and amnesty buyouts opening cap space before Luongo goes anywhere.

He's okay with that and so are we as fans. I'll take patience over panic and wait for a better return.
you aint getting a better return... especially with the cap doing down next year...

Old
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
rune74

Quote:
you aint getting a better return... especially with the cap doing down next year...
You keep telling us that. What is the return in your mind right now?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:58 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
You keep telling us that. What is the return in your mind right now?
bozak + frattin/franson + 2nd/3rd

Old
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
rune74

Quote:
bozak + frattin/franson + 2nd/3rd
Nope, more like bozak + gun/kadri + 2nd

Old
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
GF =/= same quality top six forwards. You know yourself that the Sedins + Kesler trump Kessel, Lupul and Grabovski. We played a very wide open risky style with poor coaching, and we allowed a lot of goals and got schooled many games. The Canucks are a higher quality team and made it to the finals 2 years ago. Yes, Luongo did his part, but so did the rest of the team.
True, but last year in particular I would have referred you to the "Fire AV thread" or the "Luongo appreciation" or "Schneider appreciation" threads...

The Canucks play just as wide open a style, with better goaltending and a better overall lineup. Coaching is often debatable lol.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:00 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:
Nope, more like bozak + gun/kadri + 2nd
nope more like bozak + frattin + 2nd/3rd

i can do the same thing

Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
Luongo's current value is a matter of circumstance. The NTC + Big Contract (I don't even think he's signed to a bad contract) play the largest roles.

On an open market without a NTC involved, Luongo would garner the value that Canucks fans are expecting. Unfortunately for them, this is not the case. Don't see why it's so difficult to understand.
Disagree with your post completely:

1) Luongo's NTC only plays a role if he uses it. He has started that her is open to discuss anything and has not indicated he'd veto a trade anywhere for now it shouldn't affect his value at all.

2) Luongo's contract was great under the previous CBA but seems terrible under this one...as a result, I consider it a terrible contract... Of course we likely won't find out if it's good or bad until the next CBA.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
What does the cap have to do with it? By next year, Luongo won't even be in the top 10 for cap hits. That is the LEAST of any teams worries.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Or the canucks fan says no to some seriously lopsided deal and the leaf fan goes on about ten years of paying for him blah blah blah.

The reason he makes sense for toronto is if you want to attract those big name free agents you have to have at least something for them to want to come. We keep hearing how much cap space free you will have next year, however if you don't have anything attractive it will be like every other year where we hear how many players are going to the leafs that end up elsewhere. Surely you can see that.
This is just reaching man. Luongo would look good, but he's not the GM nor an agent, he's not going to lure other guys here. Whatever impact he has on free agents will be minimal at best.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Luongo's cap hit is fine... the term length is what bugs people.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
What does the cap have to do with it? By next year, Luongo won't even be in the top 10 for cap hits. That is the LEAST of any teams worries.
you think VAN would be able to afford two starting goalies next year.... They will HAVE to get rid of 1, which will drop the price

Old
01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
rune74

Quote:
This is just reaching man. Luongo would look good, but he's not the GM nor an agent, he's not going to lure other guys here. Whatever impact he has on free agents will be minimal at best.
Players look at the team they go to not just the Gm or agents. They don't want to go to a team with no goal tending. If you haven't noticed no one wants to sign with the leafs lately, and thats not because of the GM it's because the team is in bad shape.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Winning lures guys...

Old
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
rune74

Quote:
you think VAN would be able to afford two starting goalies next year.... They will HAVE to get rid of 1, which will drop the price
I notice you keep spouting the same things over and over...it's like if you say it loud enough everyone will agree with you. However, this isn't first grade.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Nash

Quote:
And what return do you see that we can't beat?

Closed Thread