HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit Bottom 6ers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
  #1
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Detroit Bottom 6ers

Right now Detroit has 15 forwards signed with Mike Knuble on a tryout and guys like Nyquist and Tatar in the AHL but deserve to be in the top 9.

Top 6 locks: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, and Brunner

Rest of the forwards:

Helm
Samuelsson
Bertuzzi
Cleary
Abdelkader
Tootoo
Eaves
Miller
Mursak
Emmerton

What would you offer from your team for some of these guys?

(only one you'd really have to overpay for would be Helm)

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
  #2
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,121
vCash: 500
I would love to see Miller on the Devils. Would picks suffice?

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
  #3
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I would love to see Miller on the Devils. Would picks suffice?
You bet. Wings prospect pool is too full, gotta start making room for some of the ones that are NHL ready

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
  #4
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Montreal recently told their fourth line center to stay home, do you have anyone available who makes less than Gomez? Preferably some good at faceoffs.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
  #5
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Eaves
Miller
Mursak
Emmerton
Actually, that's what you're looking at offering, and no one is going to pay more than a 4th for any of those guys.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
  #6
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Montreal recently told their fourth line center to stay home, do you have anyone available who makes less than Gomez? Preferably some good at faceoffs.
Emmerton is really your only choice. Young center who played 4th line C for the Wings last year. He's not great but he is decent for a 4th liner and has 3rd line upside (probably at wing though). His faceoff ability sucked in the beginning of last year but he worked hard on it and it consistently improved. Not very big but isn't "small". Above-average skater. Can pot some goals and has pretty good hockey IQ.

All that being said, I'm sure he's available for a 3rd or 4th rounder (just guessing here).

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
  #7
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,350
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Actually, that's what you're looking at offering, and no one is going to pay more than a 4th for any of those guys.
Better than what the waiver wire brings back. The Wings have to move some of these guys or they will be moved by the rules. Take the fourth round picks and try to hit on long range European options, although not sure on how the signing rules on them changed. So they could also target US college hockey bound players, either way it is probably a good idea to get something for a couple of these guys.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
  #8
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,350
vCash: 515
Bert and Samuelsson have NTC clause protection so they probably don't enter the discussion not that I expect to see many offers for either player.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
  #9
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Montreal recently told their fourth line center to stay home, do you have anyone available who makes less than Gomez? Preferably some good at faceoffs.
Perhaps Galchenyuk will be joining the Habs this year??

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
  #10
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Actually, that's what you're looking at offering, and no one is going to pay more than a 4th for any of those guys.
Not looking for anything significant, looking to make room

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
  #11
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Not looking for anything significant, looking to make room
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Better than what the waiver wire brings back. The Wings have to move some of these guys or they will be moved by the rules. Take the fourth round picks and try to hit on long range European options, although not sure on how the signing rules on them changed. So they could also target US college hockey bound players, either way it is probably a good idea to get something for a couple of these guys.
Understandable, but the fact still remains that they will not bring much of anything. Also, Miller and Eaves are the reason Detroit's PK looks like it does when they play. Tootoo is an extra forward signed for 3 years because he can be a game changer because he's physical.

Out of all those players, Sammy and Bert are expendable, yet they won't be traded for various reasons.

So all in all, you're looking at peddling Mursak and Emmerton.

Then take into consideration that Detroit loves depth.

Not saying I like the scenario, but it is what it is.

I would like Detroit to inject more youth from the farm, but as we all know, that's not how they operate.


Last edited by Vatican Roulette: 01-13-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: more
Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
  #12
Maize and Blue
Registered User
 
Maize and Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
*'s are marking players i'd take anything for!

Helm (Going Nowhere: Untouchable to the wings)

* Samuelsson (Horrible signing) I'd pay half his salary to make him go away!

* Bertuzzi (scrap heap)

Cleary (If knees are 50% better, He stays the year)

* Abdelkader (Sheahan & Andersson are ready for his job) May have some value as a 4th liner elsewhere. I don't buy his talent or toughness!!!!

Tootoo (Spark plug: Like to see what an agitator on this team looks like)

Eaves (Injured: Likely done after the year and his Possibly career over with)

Miller (He's needed for his penalty killing)

* Mursak (Speedy Spare part, not better than Helm or Miller on PK. No role for him)

* Emmerton (Speedy Spare part, not better than Helm or Miller on PK. Only played because of all the injuries last year)

Maize and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
  #13
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Emmerton is really your only choice. Young center who played 4th line C for the Wings last year. He's not great but he is decent for a 4th liner and has 3rd line upside (probably at wing though). His faceoff ability sucked in the beginning of last year but he worked hard on it and it consistently improved. Not very big but isn't "small". Above-average skater. Can pot some goals and has pretty good hockey IQ.

All that being said, I'm sure he's available for a 3rd or 4th rounder (just guessing here).
I would probably send a fourth rounder, I'm not a fan of Noke and 4C is really the only whole in our bottom six.

Moen - Eller - Prust
White - Emmerton - Armstrong

Wouldn't have a whole bunch of goals coming out of that bunch but they should bring physicality and defense so I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Perhaps Galchenyuk will be joining the Habs this year??
As long as he is playing 2LW. If he is brought in as 4C it would just be a waste for his development and I don't see him passing Plek, DD, or Eller this year.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:49 PM
  #14
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize and Blue View Post
*'s are marking players i'd take anything for!

Helm (Going Nowhere: Untouchable to the wings)

* Samuelsson (Horrible signing) I'd pay half his salary to make him go away!

* Bertuzzi (scrap heap)

Cleary (If knees are 50% better, He stays the year)

* Abdelkader (Sheahan & Andersson are ready for his job) May have some value as a 4th liner elsewhere. I don't buy his talent or toughness!!!!

Tootoo (Spark plug: Like to see what an agitator on this team looks like)

Eaves (Injured: Likely done after the year and his Possibly career over with)

Miller (He's needed for his penalty killing)

* Mursak (Speedy Spare part, not better than Helm or Miller on PK. No role for him)

* Emmerton (Speedy Spare part, not better than Helm or Miller on PK. Only played because of all the injuries last year)
Couple things:

Helm isn't untouchable, if the right offer comes along (overpayment) Holland would do it.

Eaves has been cleared for contact so he's good to go

Emmerton is not speedy at all, definitely average when it comes to skating, actually pretty much average at everything

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:28 AM
  #15
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Helm will not be traded, period.

Samuelsson and Tootoo are unlikely because they were just signed. I doubt Abdelkader would be either.

Cleary is probably untradeable unless somebody wants some third line depth at the deadline and he's healthy.

Realistically you're looking at Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton. It's unclear as to where Eaves is at health-wise (Concussion) and I don't think they've given up on Mursak breaking out in some form. (He never really got a chance to get back up after he broke his ankle last year)

So you're down to Emmerton and Miller.

And all-in-all, don't be surprised if Detroit holds on to everybody. Lots of groin pulls this year. The whole reason Nyquist is down is because they don't want to get rid of anybody, and when somebody inevitably gets injured, they can call him up immediately.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:33 AM
  #16
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Couple things:

Helm isn't untouchable, if the right offer comes along (overpayment) Holland would do it.

Eaves has been cleared for contact so he's good to go

Emmerton is not speedy at all, definitely average when it comes to skating, actually pretty much average at everything
Emmerton is better than average at playmaking, defense, and hockey IQ. That's why he was able to make the lineup, and why his stated potential was a 2nd liner (unlikely, but you never know).

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:13 AM
  #17
Iceonfire
Registered User
 
Iceonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Montreal recently told their fourth line center to stay home, do you have anyone available who makes less than Gomez? Preferably some good at faceoffs.
I have a perfectly good Belanger with your name on it. He also speaks french! Won't cost you a thing.

Iceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.