HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bruins/Coyotes

Old
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

vCash: 500
Bruins/Coyotes

Yandle
Moss

For

Krejci
Khokhlachev
2nd

What needs to be tweaked

The Dangly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary

Boy...tough for both teams to let those guys go...but as a fan of neither team, I guess I'd be for it, especially with Phoenix wanting offense.

I'm partial to Khokhlachev myself though...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Oates2Neely

No

Krejci can't be traded unless its for an upgrade to top-6. Ex: Krejci for Ryan.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Looks pretty good for both teams imo

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Oates2Neely

Yandle is overrated. He's not a #1 on a contender. He's a very good pmd, but his lack of defensive awareness makes lessens his value. Krejci is too important to the Bruins success. With Horton potentially gone after the season, B's can't afford to lose Krejci unless for a forward upgrade.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Oates2Neely

Yandle would be good for a team who completely lacks quality dmen, and have an abundance if forwards. Yakupov for Yandle makes sense.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Yandle is overrated. He's not a #1 on a contender. He's a very good pmd, but his lack of defensive awareness makes lessens his value. Krejci is too important to the Bruins success. With Horton potentially gone after the season, B's can't afford to lose Krejci unless for a forward upgrade.
It's fitting that someone point out that Phoenix won the Pacific Division and lost in the Western Conference Final last year. He also finished 5th in Norris voting in 2011. Phoenix is also a team that is stacked in quality D men.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It's fitting that someone point out that Phoenix won the Pacific Division and lost in the Western Conference Final last year. He also finished 5th in Norris voting in 2011. Phoenix is also a team that is stacked in quality D men.
He was not good in the playoffs. He plays sheltered minutes. He cannot be counted on in the final minutes of a close game 7. I would not give up Krejci for him.

Yandle is a left handed Mike Green.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
hbk

Quote:
He was not good in the playoffs. He plays sheltered minutes. He cannot be counted on in the final minutes of a close game 7. I would not give up Krejci for him.

He's not Phoenix's best option in the final minute because of the teams depth. It doesn't mean he's not capable it just means they would rather use his minutes in areas where it is more advantageous for the team. A strategy I might point out that has worked tremendously for the Coyotes. He played so badly that they won their division and made it to the Western conference Final? A team picked by most experts to finish at or near the bottom of the league.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
No

Krejci can't be traded unless its for an upgrade to top-6. Ex: Krejci for Ryan.
Seguin making the jump from a very good to elite player will offset that.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
Are you sure Seguin can handle top line center duty while still keeping Boston a viable Cup contender? I'm not sure yet. Yandle is a good puck mover, but history has proven that one dimensional dmen don't tend to fair well in Juliens system. Horton most likely will be gone next season due to lack of cap space, how would Boston's top-6 look sans Horton and Krejci? Is Yandle worth it?

Old
01-13-2013, 10:20 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

The value is good. I wouldn't trade Yandle, though. Contrary to misconceptions he's an elite D and I couldn't give him up. We dearly need both he and OEL.

01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:

Worse offensively than Green, a better defensively imo. However if they both play up to their potential, you can't go wrong.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yandle would be good for a team who completely lacks quality dmen, and have an abundance if forwards. Yakupov for Yandle makes sense.
The Oilers had the #3 PP last season. Out goes Barker and his 2:19 a game and insert Justin Schultz who even the most biased fan will agree that he should do better than Barkers single PP goal.
The Oilers dont need a PMD like Yandle when they have Whitney, Petry, J.Schultz, and I guess even Potter if/when injuries arise.
They need a top pairing solid shut down defenseman if theyre giving up Yakupov

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
lol, lack of defensive awareness.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
hbk

Quote:
Are you sure Seguin can handle top line center duty while still keeping Boston a viable Cup contender? I'm not sure yet. Yandle is a good puck mover, but history has proven that one dimensional dmen don't tend to fair well in Juliens system. Horton most likely will be gone next season due to lack of cap space, how would Boston's top-6 look sans Horton and Krejci? Is Yandle worth it?
Yandle has thrived under a Dave Tippett system. A system that is as offensive constricting as there is in the league. I always say that Phoenix is about 3 players short of a first line. How many prime time scoring chances get turned around because of the quality (or lack thereof) of Phoenix's forward group. Would more of those chances get buried on another squad with higher end talent up front?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:19 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Yandle
Moss

For

Krejci
Khokhlachev
2nd

What needs to be tweaked
I don't like it as a Bruins fan, trading Krejci doesn't make sense right now.

Hamilton may turn out to be a similar player to Yandle in a year or two anyway.

Khokhlachev isn't a prospect I want to see traded either, especially if they were to trade Krejci.

I guess this deal could be rearranged to make more sense for Boston but then I don't know if it would make sense for the Coyotes.

I know that Yandle has practiced with the Bruins before the lockout started and before the deal was ratified so maybe if someone saw there was some chemistry there it would make it more desirable, but I wouldn't want to see the Bruins give up those forwards right now even for a guy like Yandle.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Yandle
Moss

For

Krejci
Khokhlachev
2nd

What needs to be tweaked
No chance unless OEL is added.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
And who will offset the loss of Seguin, our best winger who will now be playing center ? Jordan Caron ?

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Yandle has thrived under a Dave Tippett system. A system that is as offensive constricting as there is in the league. I always say that Phoenix is about 3 players short of a first line. How many prime time scoring chances get turned around because of the quality (or lack thereof) of Phoenix's forward group. Would more of those chances get buried on another squad with higher end talent up front?
Also to expand on that, what people just don't get that don't watch the team regularly is that there is a huge reason Yandle takes a lot of chances and Tippett tries to utilize him primarily in offensive situations. It's because OUR OFFENSE SUCKS! Hellloooooo! Put him on Boston and he has actual scoring threats up front and no need to be reckless offensively.

That being said, I hope we don't and doubt we will trade him. He's too important to this team on and off the ice. We have zero bad contracts. With an owner in place, we'll have a chance to add one or two quality FAs next year. No need to make a risky trade for this shortened season which will probably be decided on which team stays the healthiest.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:27 AM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
And who will offset the loss of Seguin, our best winger who will now be playing center ? Jordan Caron ?
Yah or if they can sign a veteran FA. As it is they still need a forward anyways