HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Q: We've claimed Steve Macintyre? A: No - Enforcer thread v.1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 09:36 PM
  #1
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Q: We've claimed Steve Macintyre? A: No - Enforcer thread v.1

Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
  #2
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.
Ok need some 411 on the guy: What position does he play? What does he bring to the table? What type of contract was it?

Kingstonian84* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
  #3
sprout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Stanley Cup!

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff...layer.cgi?3392

sprout is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
  #4
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,443
vCash: 560
Thread would have been cool 6 hours ago

Brody is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
  #5
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Ok need some 411 on the guy: What position does he play? What does he bring to the table? What type of contract was it?
He's crazy. That's all you need to know.


Everlong is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
  #6
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
I saw this over on the trade board. Not sure how true this is, but if so added toughness never hurts.

We are a little crowded up front, so I really hope Nonis has a plan to clear the log jam up front. I'd really like to see Komarov, Kadri and Frattin on this team.

exporta is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
  #7
Funk Volume
Independent Living
 
Funk Volume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
He's crazy. That's all you need to know.

Holy ****....guys nuts. And massive.

Funk Volume is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
  #8
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I saw this over on the trade board. Not sure how true this is, but if so added toughness never hurts.

We are a little crowded up front, so I really hope Nonis has a plan to clear the log jam up front. I'd really like to see Komarov, Kadri and Frattin on this team.
Its simple the following players need to go which include Connolly, Lombardi, Steckel (to a lesser extent) need to go because they either bring nothing to the team or what they do bring can easily be replaced.

Kingstonian84* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
  #9
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,816
vCash: 50
He's an ogre, him and Orr are two of the leagues best fighters.

Not that we could afford to play both on the roster at once, but still.

Hero is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
  #10
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I saw this over on the trade board. Not sure how true this is, but if so added toughness never hurts.

We are a little crowded up front, so I really hope Nonis has a plan to clear the log jam up front. I'd really like to see Komarov, Kadri and Frattin on this team.
Just play him in the games against Boston, and it's money well spent. Hate seeing Lucic's "tough guy" snarly look whenever he plays teams without a heavyweight. Macintyre would make him so nervous that Lucic would look like he was smiling. But seriously, anyone remember Laraque scaring the bejesus out of Lucic up and down the ice? Well Macintyre is just as scary, maybe even more, than Laraque was at that time.



If Laraque wasn't on Montreal's roster, Lucic wouldn't turned around swinging. Instead he turned around almost to say, "aww common Mr.Laraque, he dove, I didn't even touch him."

It's funny how fast both Chara and Lucic turn into mice, when a imposing player is on the opposite team.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
  #11
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,049
vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.
Leafs should just get a bunch of goons and tank with style.

Anthrax442 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:06 PM
  #12
Donmega
Registered User
 
Donmega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
He's a tough guy with absolutely no hockey skill.

Donmega is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  #13
shaner89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 500
Stupid. Waste of a roster spot. Another plug added to a plug filled team

shaner89 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
  #14
iBlaze81
Registered User
 
iBlaze81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
useless contract spot

iBlaze81 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
  #15
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Just play him in the games against Boston, and it's money well spent. Hate seeing Lucic's "tough guy" snarly look whenever he plays teams without a heavyweight. Macintyre would make him so nervous that Lucic would look like he was smiling. But seriously, anyone remember Laraque scaring the bejesus out of Lucic up and down the ice? Well Macintyre is just as scary, maybe even more, than Laraque was at that time.



If Laraque wasn't on Montreal's roster, Lucic wouldn't turned around swinging. Instead he turned around almost to say, "aww common Mr.Laraque, he dove, I didn't even touch him."

It's funny how fast both Chara and Lucic turn into mice, when a imposing player is on the opposite team.
Why the **** would the Bruins want Lucic and Chara to fight the 2 min a night slugs of this league ?

The 2 min a night enforcer doesn't scare anyone and the reason is that they're never on the ****ing ice .

hotpaws is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
  #16
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Well we've apparently claimed Steven Macintyre off waivers. We could use this guy against teams like Boston, Philly and Ottawa. He could be in the press box or in the A for a good amount of time though. A depth signing to sum it up. He also brings some toughness.
Not sure how this is possible??

Perhaps Leafs acquired Steven Macintyre (if they did) by some means other than waivers, because a quick google search shows

Quote:
On January 11, 2012, the Pittsburgh Penguins placed Steve MacIntyre on waivers, and he was sent down to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins after he cleared waivers on January 12, 2012.

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:18 PM
  #17
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,289
vCash: 500
Well this team was the softest in the NHL last year, partly due to Ron Wilson's philosophy. Randy Carlyle does like and use his toughguys. After seeing this team humiliated against the Bruins last year, and how useless the 4th line was, why not?

Interactif is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:26 PM
  #18
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Why the **** would the Bruins want Lucic and Chara to fight the 2 min a night slugs of this league ?

The 2 min a night enforcer doesn't scare anyone and the reason is that they're never on the ****ing ice .
They don't have too, just so long as they don't start taking liberties. Case in point:



It's the Code, much like when Kabs was hit by Janssen and Janssen took on Belak.. etc etc, if Lucic tries to pull these shenanigans, he'll have to take on Big Mac.

But as Mess pointed out maybe we're getting ahead of ourself, regardless, I still hope we get ourselves a legit heavyweight. Brown really doesn't scare anyone.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
  #19
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
They don't have too, just so long as they don't start taking liberties. Case in point:



It's the Code, much like when Kabs was hit by Janssen and Janssen took on Belak.. etc etc, if Lucic tries to pull these shenanigans, he'll have to take on Big Mac.

But as Mess pointed out maybe we're getting ahead of ourself, regardless, I still hope we get ourselves a legit heavyweight. Brown really doesn't scare anyone.
Brown though willing wouldn't scare my cat. We may not win many games this year, but we won't be totally humiliated either, one hopes if Mac and Orr are standing by.

Interactif is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
  #20
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
They don't have too, just so long as they don't start taking liberties. Case in point:



It's the Code, much like when Kabs was hit by Janssen and Janssen took on Belak.. etc etc, if Lucic tries to pull these shenanigans, he'll have to take on Big Mac.

But as Mess pointed out maybe we're getting ahead of ourself, regardless, I still hope we get ourselves a legit heavyweight. Brown really doesn't scare anyone.
We dressed both Orr and Rosehill against last year against them and they still took liberties . The days of the 2 min a night enforcer are over .

This team needs toughness that can actually play , we don't need enforcers that sit on the bench all game and then get thrown onto the ice to take a needless penalty .

hotpaws is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:38 PM
  #21
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
We dressed both Orr and Rosehill against last year against them and they still took liberties . The days of the 2 min a night enforcer are over .

This team needs toughness that can actually play , we don't need enforcers that sit on the bench all game and then get thrown onto the ice to take a needless penalty .
True, but that is where Carlyle and Wilson differ, Wilson doesn't make tough hockey players feel good about themselves, he underuses them and marginalizes them. Caryle likes tough teams, he should make better use of them.

Interactif is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
  #22
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider
 
L Corncrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Funk
Country: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Carlyle is known to shorten his bench and use 3 lines when things get tough. He also mixes and matches far more than Ronny ever did. There is space for a tough guy on a 3 line team with spare parts. In particular there is space for a tough guy in the press box whenever we don't need him.

L Corncrick is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:07 PM
  #23
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
True, but that is where Carlyle and Wilson differ, Wilson doesn't make tough hockey players feel good about themselves, he underuses them and marginalizes them. Caryle likes tough teams, he should make better use of them.
The Shawn Thornton types that can bang/crash put up a few points while still being able to keep the other team honest are very useful but the Orr types just kill you if they play them more than a couple a mins a game .

hotpaws is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
  #24
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Leafs should just get a bunch of goons and tank with style.
I've always said if we're going to lose we might as well make the other team pay the ultimate price.

Jerkini is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
  #25
67Cup
Registered User
 
67Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
What does MacIntyre offer that Orr does not?

67Cup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.