Notices

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
Pens fan coming in peace. I think the McKenzie radio comment is 100% fabricated. There's not one thing on his twitter account or TSN.ca that suggests this is true. What would get more play from TSN... McGrattan or Perry refusing to sign? Whoever originally posted it in the main board is full of crap IMO. Especially if multiple parties didn't hear it (seems to be the case).

As a Pens fan it would be great if we had a shot at Perry but I'm not sure anyone does. Too many reasons for your GM to pay him what he wants IMO (unless the cap hit is way up there). You guys have a lot of cap space. More than all the other contenders that's for sure.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:25 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Pens fan coming in peace. I think the McKenzie radio comment is 100% fabricated. There's not one thing on his twitter account or TSN.ca that suggests this is true. What would get more play from TSN... McGrattan or Perry refusing to sign? Whoever originally posted it in the main board is full of crap IMO. Especially if multiple parties didn't hear it (seems to be the case).

As a Pens fan it would be great if we had a shot at Perry but I'm not sure anyone does. Too many reasons for your GM to pay him what he wants IMO (unless the cap hit is way up there). You guys have a lot of cap space. More than all the other contenders that's for sure.
that's why i want clarification, so far McKenzie has not posted anything on twitter

Old
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
duxfever

Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Quote:

I hope so. Thanks!

Old
02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
that's why i want clarification, so far McKenzie has not posted anything on twitter
Yah if there's nothing from him or TSN within the next hour or so, the Doubt Factor goes up close to 100% imho. I think he'll stick around. He and Getzlaf will probably take similar long term deals. There's plenty to be excited about with your team's future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfever View Post
I hope so. Thanks!
Bogus rumors travel Fasth on the internets... gotta stomp em when you can.
(cheesy pun FTW)

Old
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

I am willing to bet anybody that Perry doesn not "want out" of ANA. I'm also quite willing to bet his agent is pushing him to test the market and see what kind of stupid offer somebody makes.

Even if he goes UFA, I'll bet Perry will consider signing here for less (even if traded). It all depends on what stupid offer he gets made and how close our offer is.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...uh, unless I change my mind later.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
rollingdux

but..... it's only day 2

Quote:
Ducks will hold contract talks with Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf over the next 7-10 days.
https://twitter.com/NHLexpertpicks/s...90119690625025

We're just gonna have to wait and deal with the speculation till we hear something legit.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
duxfever

Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Quote:

(cheesy pun FTW)
Love it!

Old
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I am willing to bet anybody that Perry doesn not "want out" of ANA. I'm also quite willing to bet his agent is pushing him to test the market and see what kind of stupid offer somebody makes.

Even if he goes UFA, I'll bet Perry will consider signing here for less (even if traded). It all depends on what stupid offer he gets made and how close our offer is.
That all seems quite probable, yes.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:37 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I don't even expect Perry to take less, I expect our owner to pay to keep our two franchise players and if they still wanted to leave so be it. You can't lowball these guys

Old
02-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Also, many thanks to Calgary for making Perry speculation move down on the headline list.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Also, many thanks to Calgary for making Perry speculation move down on the headline list.
Yes.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:

Same as this person, but I am a Leafs fan and replace Pens with Leafs.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Yah if there's nothing from him or TSN within the next hour or so, the Doubt Factor goes up close to 100% imho. I think he'll stick around. He and Getzlaf will probably take similar long term deals. There's plenty to be excited about with your team's future.

(cheesy pun FTW)
How's Bennett handling his first stint? I'm curious how the local kid is doing. I saw his first goal, but haven't had the chance to watch him outside of his games in Scranton.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Has there been any idea about what Ducks are willing to pay him? I ask because he has had success here, and it would be a serious low-ball offer from Ducks to make him think into relocation (or unless, he has made up his mind like Parise)

Old
02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Exit Dose

We have no idea. Our organization is tight lipped.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Exit Dose

An intriguing fly in the ointment here is that Palmieri is an RFA this summer. While I doubt he'll churn out the sort of numbers for a massive raise, I suspect he can score at a rate that makes his next contract interesting.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
An intriguing fly in the ointment here is that Palmieri is an RFA this summer. While I doubt he'll churn out the sort of numbers for a massive raise, I suspect he can score at a rate that makes his next contract interesting.

Would you offer him a Sbisa type deal? I dont think BM would yet, barring a real hot finish to the season. I think he gets a Bonino type, one year/one way deal with more money.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Would you offer him a Sbisa type deal? I dont think BM would yet, barring a real hot finish to the season. I think he gets a Bonino type, one year/one way deal with more money.
I'd do a Sbisa deal if you think he's just going to get better from here on out. There was too much uncertainty with Bonino to go longer term at that time.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
I'd do a Sbisa deal if you think he's just going to get better from here on out. There was too much uncertainty with Bonino to go longer term at that time.
I would too, I think a steadilying increasing salary over 3-4 years would be a solid 2nd contract, I just dont see Murray doing it. Their career progressions have been fairly similar so far though.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
We need to see what he does across this whole season. A solid year with consistent scoring (not necessarily a lot, just consistent) and I'd do a Sbisa deal. Too spotty with questions remaining, a Bonino deal.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

and of course the topic on the trade board got locked, didn't stop anyone til about 200 replies in, to ask about sourcing, turns out it was doug maclean, who has almost no credibility, not bob mckenzie

Old
02-28-2013, 09:47 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Am I the only laughing at how a few of the Habs fans are trying to convince themselves Perry is 100% going to Montreal?

Oh he's a Habs fan as a kid? HE'S COMING!

He's friends with Prust? HE HAS NO FRIENDS IN ANAHEIM

Montreal are the new Toronto

Old
03-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseracT View Post
I watch pretty much every Boston game and I'm not that impressed with Krejci. Especially if we're talking about Perry here. Gimme Lucic++ any day of the week.
No GM in their right frame of mind trades either Krejci nor Lucic (forget the +++) for 2 months of Perry.

Some people need to understand the difference between a signed player and a rental who turns UFA.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:27 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseracT View Post
I watch pretty much every Boston game and I'm not that impressed with Krejci. Especially if we're talking about Perry here. Gimme Lucic++ any day of the week.
Lucic would be nice, but he has an ugly contract. No way he should be making 6 mil after this season

Old
03-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

If perry leaves I'd put all my money on him going to Ottawa

Closed Thread