HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Californication - Season 6

Old
01-14-2013, 06:25 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 500
Californication - Season 6

First episode aired yesterday. Your impressions?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
The Imp

When Charlie chimed in on the singing, I lost it. He's the best character on the show.

The Imp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
StringerBell

"Holes is holes"

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
LightningStrikes

"Deeeeelicious"

Old
01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Forever27

So so. Sort of feels like they hit a reset switch on the series with this opener... we're back to Hank being miserable, not being able to write/wanting to write, him and Karen doing their orbits.

Pretty okay with where it goes from here. The whole thing about him being drunk and miserable because of the girl (whats her name, the crazy one...) was a bit of a stretch for me, especially after they spent last season treating her like a cartoon character and she tried to kill him. Whatever.

Minchin is kind of annoying already. Oh well. Excited to watch Hank's rehab shennanigans and all anyway. Not a bad start.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Got season 5 disc 1 on Netflix last week.

I loved this show. Absolutely loved it from seasons 1-3. Season 4 just started getting a little bland for me. The characters were repetitive and it didn't seem like anything new was really happening.

I cant watch it anymore. Charlie isn't Charlie anymore. I dont like that he's getting laid all the time. His ex wife is just annoying now. It seems like the whole show is like this now, either annoying or out of place.

It could just be me and my growing indifference to television in general but i cant watch Californication anymore. Again, seasons 1-3 were AMAZING. Hank Moody is one of my favorite TV characters of all time but i just dont have the interest anymore.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:51 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Got season 5 disc 1 on Netflix last week.

I loved this show. Absolutely loved it from seasons 1-3. Season 4 just started getting a little bland for me. The characters were repetitive and it didn't seem like anything new was really happening.

I cant watch it anymore. Charlie isn't Charlie anymore. I dont like that he's getting laid all the time. His ex wife is just annoying now. It seems like the whole show is like this now, either annoying or out of place.

It could just be me and my growing indifference to television in general but i cant watch Californication anymore. Again, seasons 1-3 were AMAZING. Hank Moody is one of my favorite TV characters of all time but i just dont have the interest anymore.
I agree with all of this. I haven't watched season 5 because season 4 was so pedestrian in comparison to the first 3 and everything I've heard says 5 is the same. I've watched the first three seasons probably 3x each and would recommend them to anyone, but it looks like the show is just coasting now.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
LightningStrikes

^That's all true but it's still entertaining. Californication was one of my favorite shows until the end of season 4. Now I watch it mostly just for the jokes and try not to think about all the ridiculous stuff and lazy writing going on.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM

This sub-forum is just full of people complaining about every flaw in generally pretty good programmes.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I agree with you man but i did say i really loved seasons 1-3. Its not like i'm complaining about the lighting or how short Charlie is or something. The show is just no longer appealing to me anymore.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
This sub-forum is just full of people complaining about every flaw in generally pretty good programmes.
That's basically it.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Honour Over Glory

It should have ended before last season, now they're just dragging along trying to come up with new ways to keep this show going, rehashing the same stuff in a "new" way and hope people don't realize it and still think it's great.

It was a horrible 1st episode to the season, nothing about it made me say "yeah this is going to be a good season"...Hank finally has an awakening and cleans up? So what, he's going to be a nicer person, still with the debauchery but less harmful to his family? With that Minchin guy as the new interesting person Hank interacts with while he does a project for the season?

Season 4 was good, Season 5 was just bad, Season 6 seems to be picking up where 5 left off for quality.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
^That's all true but it's still entertaining. Californication was one of my favorite shows until the end of season 4. Now I watch it mostly just for the jokes and try not to think about all the ridiculous stuff and lazy writing going on.
This is how I feel too. Seasons 1-3 were amazing, the first in particular. It used impact me on an emotional level and caused to me empathize with the characters. It doesn't do that any more, but it's still a great source of entertainment. Always a couple good laughs in each episode.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Jean Ralphio

I didn't really think it was a great episode, very similar storyline to last season's first episode. Hank meets eccentric celebrity who wants to work with him, he refuses, but of course he will end up taking the job.
And Becca is still the worst.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Same here. It's not great, but it beats 99% of network TV. I watch it alone so I don't have to justify it to anyone, haha!

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Baby Punisher

Yea I wasn't too impressed with the premier either. Some bat **** crazy chick tries too off herself & Hank & it's his fault & is made to feel bad about it. Hank should be pissed off.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Yeah, just an average first episode..I guess rehab may have some potential.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:20 PM
sabresfan129103

This episode pissed me off. Yeah Hank was a jerk for what he did to that woman, but she almost killed him and he's the bad guy.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Cowboy Dan
Reader Since '06

The thing I liked about this episode is that while Hank has always been his usual womanizing, ******* self, he's always had a heart too, which is what made him so lovable. But after all the women he's run through, now he's truly physically hurt someone, or in this case caused a suicide. Whether she tried to kill him or not, that is something that would cut anyone deep, and is an interesting route to take with Hank's character. Does he finally turn it around now? We'll see I guess, but I hope they keep running with the emotional part of the situation for at least a few episodes.

The rock star bit I could do without, however. But I saw that as more of a side story from this anyways.

Cowboy Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:49 AM
StringerBell

Not a great episode tonight. Hank in group was the only really funny part, and even that could have been better. Expectations for this season are at an all time low.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Baby Punisher

Better episode last night. The Marcy/Stew thing was cringey. Runkel coming out of the closet should lend itself to some hilairty induced uncomfortable moments.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
JJTT

Looks better than last season early on.

Becca is getting more and more annoying though

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Forever27

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Hank in group was the only really funny part, and even that could have been better. Expectations for this season are at an all time low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Becca is getting more and more annoying though
Agreed on both points. Hank being a dick in group was about the only part where it felt like the old Californication. This new groupie love interest isn't exactly convincing at all. She's just so clearly there to be "the girl" this season.

And Becca is getting annoying. It's weird, because at the beginning of the show she was just this ridiculously intelligent and insightful kid who was often the adult for her two nutbag arrested development parents... but as she's grown older she's just gotten sort of dumber and more immature.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:23 AM
StringerBell

Tonight's episode was okay I guess, just no real laugh out loud moments for me. Faith is super hot, but she's kind of a downer.