HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
If we lose Zajac to UFA this season, we'll watch Lou deal with it as he's done with everyone else. He's not going to trade him unless we're bottom two in the conference.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
we should already be making "have fun in winnipeg" signs for him to see at the rock because its happening.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Josefson is overrated here imo, Henrique has done so much more in 1/4th of the time
Josefson has impressed with his defensive play in ways that Henrique hasn't. Not to say that Henrique is bad defensively, or not enough of a two way player, but Josefson is already the centre I trust most defensively after Zajac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
DeBoer says the Devils have 8 NHL caliber defensemen and "two more" knocking at the door in Albany
Basically begging Lou to make a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post

Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
i thank them for their expertise

Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Who's ESPN's main NHL guy? Oh yeah, "Stamkos isn't ready."

And the other clown? "The Devils will miss the playoffs."

Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:

Lebrun thinks he's being conservative putting Minnesota 15th in the league.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Nick0930

Quote:

Not just tied for 26th...Only 3 points ahead of Columbus!

Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:

Also in the VUKOTA projections, the Devils may be 26th but they're 8 points out of 3rd in the league. Those projections are just derived from projected goals scored, and I think it's safe to say even we aren't sure how exactly the Devils are going to score enough goals (or rather if they will).

Old
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

**** it. We're used to this as Devils fans, right?

Although, allow me to be momentarily offended that anyone could think that any of Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto will be that much better.

Those teams still need a lot of work.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I trust Josefson more than Henrique defensively too. That's why I want him on the first PK, and he's always been a threat to score shorthanded in Albany this year. He's had a couple shorties that he's scored already too.

Josefson on a line with Clarkson though is misusing him. I think it's misusing both of them. Have Josefson center Patty's line when Henrique gets back. Clarkson, and Josefson's line last was pretty flat. Poni put up some points with them, but even Clarkson's even strength production fell off when they were together late in the season.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 PM
engy

vCash: 344
I don't expect the team to make the playoffs this year if Kovalchuk isn't carrying the team.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
CerebralGenesis

Good. We do better when everyone thinks we'll be trash.

I'll be more confident with a new forward, although everyone else probably would be too.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

We lose Parise who wasn't even our best player last year, and everyone thinks we go down that much? And now Minnesota the lowest scoring team in the league is one of the best because they got him? I recall people saying we'd finish lower than the Islanders last year too.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:24 PM
elias026

everyone also had NJ out of the playoffs last year

Old
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Josefson on a line with Clarkson though is misusing him. I think it's misusing both of them. Have Josefson center Patty's line when Henrique gets back. Clarkson, and Josefson's line last was pretty flat. Poni put up some points with them, but even Clarkson's even strength production fell off when they were together late in the season.
I don't know why you keep repeating this. They only played together a handful of games this season.... and Josefson actually squeaked out 1 of his 2 goals playing along side Clarkson.

I liked them together with Tedenby in the forgotten season - but that was Lemaire's doing, so who knows.

Also, Elias and Josefson on a line together seem redundant until he gain somes confidence in his offensive ability. They're both of the same pass first mentality. Unless you're shoving one of Tedenby or Butler on their wing....

Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I don't know why you keep repeating this. They only played together a handful of games this season.... and Josefson actually squeaked out 1 of his 2 goals playing along side Clarkson.

I liked them together with Tedenby in the forgotten season - but that was Lemaire's doing, so who knows.

Also, Elias and Josefson on a line together seem redundant until he gain somes confidence in his offensive ability. They're both of the same pass first mentality. Unless you're shoving one of Tedenby or Butler on their wing....
I believe they played together more than a handful of games. Josefson actually looked pretty good centering Carter, and Bernier. I don't know why it would be so bad to put Elias, and Josefson together with Zubrus maybe. Elias, and Josefson are similar kinds of players, and he would gain a lot of offensive ability I think, while also being on the line used to shut down opponents top lines. Elias-Josefson-Zubrus sounds good to me. At least as an experiment.

Clarkson, and Josefson must have played together at least a month though. Once Zajac came back they took out the goons, and bumped Josefson down to the 4th line. He was with Clarkson, and Poni for a while though. I do remember the shortly lived 666 line with Poni, and Bernier being centered by Zubrus. Forget where Clarkson, and Josefson were at that time.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I believe they played together more than a handful of games. Josefson actually looked pretty good centering Carter, and Bernier. I don't know why it would be so bad to put Elias, and Josefson together with Zubrus maybe. Elias, and Josefson are similar kinds of players, and he would gain a lot of offensive ability I think, while also being on the line used to shut down opponents top lines. Elias-Josefson-Zubrus sounds good to me. At least as an experiment.

Clarkson, and Josefson must have played together at least a month though. Once Zajac came back they took out the goons, and bumped Josefson down to the 4th line. He was with Clarkson, and Poni for a while though. I do remember the shortly lived 666 line with Poni, and Bernier being centered by Zubrus. Forget where Clarkson, and Josefson were at that time.
He wound up with Clarkson a few times, but Pete was rapid fire mixing up line combos for a while. They didn't aways wind up back together.
Clarkson kept clawing his way back up to the 2nd line with Elias & Sykora, and Josefson was up and down between the third and fourth line.
I think Poni-Josefson-Bernier was a line for a while... don't even wanna know what the fourth line was.

I don't blame it on the Josefson/Clarkson combintion... more so Josefson lacking the ability to finish and Clarkson losing point production from Elias & Sykoras big season.

Elias-Josefson-Zubrus would be a good shut down line.... you won't get a lot of points out of it, but it'll be great defensively.

You have to ask what the hell winds up on the 3rd line, though... Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson?

Last edited by manilaNJ: 01-14-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Josefson has impressed with his defensive play in ways that Henrique hasn't. Not to say that Henrique is bad defensively, or not enough of a two way player, but Josefson is already the centre I trust most defensively after Zajac.
If Elias still plays center I would take him first, but I agree with your point in principle.

JJ has already demonstrated he's an above average-defensive player at the NHL level.

It's only a matter of time (and good health) until the offense starts to blossom.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
He wound up with Clarkson a few times, but Pete was rapid fire mixing up line combos for a while. They didn't aways wind up back together.
Clarkson kept clawing his way back up to the 2nd line with Elias & Sykora, and Josefson was up and down between the third and fourth line.

I don't blame it on the Josefson/Clarkson combintion... more so Josefson lacking the ability to finish and Clarkson losing point production from Elias & Sykoras big season.

Elias-Josefson-Zubrus would be a good shut down line.... you won't get a lot of points out of it, but it'll be great defensively.

You have to ask what the hell winds up on the 3rd line, though... Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson?
That 3rd line does sound pretty bad though, but yeah possibly.

I think Pete will move Clarkson up to the 2nd line, unless he can find a good fit for him on the 3rd. I think Pete will reward him for play last season and with Parise gone. And he has a lot of faith in him it seems.

If Pete gets fed up with Tedenby I can see him on the 4th line, but not to start at least. Pete got so fed up with Tedenby last year at one point, Boulton was put on the 3rd line. If Tedenby is that bad though then I think it's back to Albany for him.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:

I want my Poni back

Old
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Guys we'll be lucky to finish 26th. Parise clearly led us to the Conference Finals all by himself.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
manilaNJ

Best lineup, as is, that I can think of with Elias & Josefson together...

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Edit: and don't get me wrong. Elias-Josefson-Henrique is a line I dream of drooling over some day.

I just think Josefson needs some more confidence on the offensive side of the puck, and the lineup definitely needs something more before something like that can be put together.

Last edited by manilaNJ: 01-14-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Best lineup, as is, that I can think of with Elias & Josefson together...

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Edit: and don't get me wrong. Elias-Josefson-Henrique is a line I dream of drooling over some day.

I just think Josefson needs some more confidence on the offensive side of the puck, and the lineup definitely needs something more before something like that can be put together.
I think just switching those 2 middle centers are still good lines.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I'm still kinda worried Pete might throw out a Elias-Zajac-Kovy line. Too much for one line.

Closed Thread