HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
  #176
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
If we lose Zajac to UFA this season, we'll watch Lou deal with it as he's done with everyone else. He's not going to trade him unless we're bottom two in the conference.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
  #177
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
we should already be making "have fun in winnipeg" signs for him to see at the rock because its happening.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
  #178
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,624
vCash: 118
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
  #179
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Josefson is overrated here imo, Henrique has done so much more in 1/4th of the time
Josefson has impressed with his defensive play in ways that Henrique hasn't. Not to say that Henrique is bad defensively, or not enough of a two way player, but Josefson is already the centre I trust most defensively after Zajac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
DeBoer says the Devils have 8 NHL caliber defensemen and "two more" knocking at the door in Albany
Basically begging Lou to make a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.

Saugus is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
  #180
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
i thank them for their expertise

åboriginal is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
  #181
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Who's ESPN's main NHL guy? Oh yeah, "Stamkos isn't ready."

And the other clown? "The Devils will miss the playoffs."

BrodeursCups is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM
  #182
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.
Lebrun thinks he's being conservative putting Minnesota 15th in the league.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
  #183
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.
Not just tied for 26th...Only 3 points ahead of Columbus!

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
  #184
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
ESPN has us ranked 20th in the league heading into the season.

Puck Prospectus has us finishing tied for 26th in the league this season.
Also in the VUKOTA projections, the Devils may be 26th but they're 8 points out of 3rd in the league. Those projections are just derived from projected goals scored, and I think it's safe to say even we aren't sure how exactly the Devils are going to score enough goals (or rather if they will).

Hockey Sports Fan is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
  #185
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
**** it. We're used to this as Devils fans, right?

Although, allow me to be momentarily offended that anyone could think that any of Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto will be that much better.

Those teams still need a lot of work.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
  #186
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
I trust Josefson more than Henrique defensively too. That's why I want him on the first PK, and he's always been a threat to score shorthanded in Albany this year. He's had a couple shorties that he's scored already too.

Josefson on a line with Clarkson though is misusing him. I think it's misusing both of them. Have Josefson center Patty's line when Henrique gets back. Clarkson, and Josefson's line last was pretty flat. Poni put up some points with them, but even Clarkson's even strength production fell off when they were together late in the season.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 PM
  #187
engy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
vCash: 344
I don't expect the team to make the playoffs this year if Kovalchuk isn't carrying the team.

engy is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
  #188
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,558
vCash: 500
Good. We do better when everyone thinks we'll be trash.

I'll be more confident with a new forward, although everyone else probably would be too.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
  #189
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
We lose Parise who wasn't even our best player last year, and everyone thinks we go down that much? And now Minnesota the lowest scoring team in the league is one of the best because they got him? I recall people saying we'd finish lower than the Islanders last year too.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:24 PM
  #190
elias026
Registered User
 
elias026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
everyone also had NJ out of the playoffs last year

elias026 is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
  #191
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Josefson on a line with Clarkson though is misusing him. I think it's misusing both of them. Have Josefson center Patty's line when Henrique gets back. Clarkson, and Josefson's line last was pretty flat. Poni put up some points with them, but even Clarkson's even strength production fell off when they were together late in the season.
I don't know why you keep repeating this. They only played together a handful of games this season.... and Josefson actually squeaked out 1 of his 2 goals playing along side Clarkson.

I liked them together with Tedenby in the forgotten season - but that was Lemaire's doing, so who knows.

Also, Elias and Josefson on a line together seem redundant until he gain somes confidence in his offensive ability. They're both of the same pass first mentality. Unless you're shoving one of Tedenby or Butler on their wing....

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
  #192
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I don't know why you keep repeating this. They only played together a handful of games this season.... and Josefson actually squeaked out 1 of his 2 goals playing along side Clarkson.

I liked them together with Tedenby in the forgotten season - but that was Lemaire's doing, so who knows.

Also, Elias and Josefson on a line together seem redundant until he gain somes confidence in his offensive ability. They're both of the same pass first mentality. Unless you're shoving one of Tedenby or Butler on their wing....
I believe they played together more than a handful of games. Josefson actually looked pretty good centering Carter, and Bernier. I don't know why it would be so bad to put Elias, and Josefson together with Zubrus maybe. Elias, and Josefson are similar kinds of players, and he would gain a lot of offensive ability I think, while also being on the line used to shut down opponents top lines. Elias-Josefson-Zubrus sounds good to me. At least as an experiment.

Clarkson, and Josefson must have played together at least a month though. Once Zajac came back they took out the goons, and bumped Josefson down to the 4th line. He was with Clarkson, and Poni for a while though. I do remember the shortly lived 666 line with Poni, and Bernier being centered by Zubrus. Forget where Clarkson, and Josefson were at that time.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
  #193
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I believe they played together more than a handful of games. Josefson actually looked pretty good centering Carter, and Bernier. I don't know why it would be so bad to put Elias, and Josefson together with Zubrus maybe. Elias, and Josefson are similar kinds of players, and he would gain a lot of offensive ability I think, while also being on the line used to shut down opponents top lines. Elias-Josefson-Zubrus sounds good to me. At least as an experiment.

Clarkson, and Josefson must have played together at least a month though. Once Zajac came back they took out the goons, and bumped Josefson down to the 4th line. He was with Clarkson, and Poni for a while though. I do remember the shortly lived 666 line with Poni, and Bernier being centered by Zubrus. Forget where Clarkson, and Josefson were at that time.
He wound up with Clarkson a few times, but Pete was rapid fire mixing up line combos for a while. They didn't aways wind up back together.
Clarkson kept clawing his way back up to the 2nd line with Elias & Sykora, and Josefson was up and down between the third and fourth line.
I think Poni-Josefson-Bernier was a line for a while... don't even wanna know what the fourth line was.

I don't blame it on the Josefson/Clarkson combintion... more so Josefson lacking the ability to finish and Clarkson losing point production from Elias & Sykoras big season.

Elias-Josefson-Zubrus would be a good shut down line.... you won't get a lot of points out of it, but it'll be great defensively.

You have to ask what the hell winds up on the 3rd line, though... Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson?


Last edited by manilaNJ: 01-14-2013 at 10:49 PM.
manilaNJ is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
  #194
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,624
vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Josefson has impressed with his defensive play in ways that Henrique hasn't. Not to say that Henrique is bad defensively, or not enough of a two way player, but Josefson is already the centre I trust most defensively after Zajac.
If Elias still plays center I would take him first, but I agree with your point in principle.

JJ has already demonstrated he's an above average-defensive player at the NHL level.

It's only a matter of time (and good health) until the offense starts to blossom.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
  #195
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
He wound up with Clarkson a few times, but Pete was rapid fire mixing up line combos for a while. They didn't aways wind up back together.
Clarkson kept clawing his way back up to the 2nd line with Elias & Sykora, and Josefson was up and down between the third and fourth line.

I don't blame it on the Josefson/Clarkson combintion... more so Josefson lacking the ability to finish and Clarkson losing point production from Elias & Sykoras big season.

Elias-Josefson-Zubrus would be a good shut down line.... you won't get a lot of points out of it, but it'll be great defensively.

You have to ask what the hell winds up on the 3rd line, though... Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson?
That 3rd line does sound pretty bad though, but yeah possibly.

I think Pete will move Clarkson up to the 2nd line, unless he can find a good fit for him on the 3rd. I think Pete will reward him for play last season and with Parise gone. And he has a lot of faith in him it seems.

If Pete gets fed up with Tedenby I can see him on the 4th line, but not to start at least. Pete got so fed up with Tedenby last year at one point, Boulton was put on the 3rd line. If Tedenby is that bad though then I think it's back to Albany for him.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
  #196
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,624
vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
He wound up with Clarkson a few times, but Pete was rapid fire mixing up line combos for a while. They didn't aways wind up back together.
Clarkson kept clawing his way back up to the 2nd line with Elias & Sykora, and Josefson was up and down between the third and fourth line.

I don't blame it on the Josefson/Clarkson combintion... more so Josefson lacking the ability to finish and Clarkson losing point production from Elias & Sykoras big season.

Elias-Josefson-Zubrus would be a good shut down line.... you won't get a lot of points out of it, but it'll be great defensively.

You have to ask what the hell winds up on the 3rd line, though... Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson?


I want my Poni back

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
  #197
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 500
Guys we'll be lucky to finish 26th. Parise clearly led us to the Conference Finals all by himself.

HeliDevil is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
  #198
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
Best lineup, as is, that I can think of with Elias & Josefson together...

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Edit: and don't get me wrong. Elias-Josefson-Henrique is a line I dream of drooling over some day.

I just think Josefson needs some more confidence on the offensive side of the puck, and the lineup definitely needs something more before something like that can be put together.


Last edited by manilaNJ: 01-14-2013 at 11:00 PM.
manilaNJ is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:01 PM
  #199
Devil X
Next man up!
 
Devil X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bergen County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Best lineup, as is, that I can think of with Elias & Josefson together...

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Tedenby-Henrique-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Edit: and don't get me wrong. Elias-Josefson-Henrique is a line I dream of drooling over some day.

I just think Josefson needs some more confidence on the offensive side of the puck, and the lineup definitely needs something more before something like that can be put together.
I think just switching those 2 middle centers are still good lines.

Devil X is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
  #200
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
I'm still kinda worried Pete might throw out a Elias-Zajac-Kovy line. Too much for one line.

Bleedred is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.