HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bergeron

Old
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Fogelhund

vCash: 500
Bergeron

I'm wondering what Boston would be looking for to trade Bergeron?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...heast-division

This new CBA could also spell the end of the line for Patrice Bergeron, who has two more years at $5 million per year before becoming a UFA.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Shaun
beauty

Krejci will be long gone before Patrice Bergeron.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

This gets said a lot here, but in this case: a serious overpayment.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

The Bruins have admitted to building their franchise around Bergeron when they traded Thornton. Bergeron has done nothing but live up and exceed expectations. They won't be giving him up anytime soon unless it's a clear overpayment.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Wow. Pretty terrible preview for the Bruins.

Brian Rolston is not a key free agent. Nathan Horton will not (cannot?) be bought out since he's a free agent this offseason anyway. Thomas is a free agent. Savard can't be bought out because he's hurt.

Dougie Hamilton is already a key RFA when his contract hasn't even started yet? By 2016 nobody has any idea what the cap will look like. Long story short, the Bruins are fine. And as Crossfire already said: Krejci goes long before they even think about Bergeron.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
gogoblackandgold

Does the author really think they'd have Subban as the backup this season.

gogoblackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Fogelhund

I can't understand why Boston would shop Bergeron either, but there it was in The Star. I have no idea how they came to this conclusion/speculation, but he would be one of the last guys I'd be moving.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

That article is stupid/crazy. There is no scenario where Bergeron becomes a cap casualty.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I can't understand why Boston would shop Bergeron either, but there it was in The Star. I have no idea how they came to this conclusion/speculation, but he would be one of the last guys I'd be moving.
Yeah, honestly Seguin is the only guy I'd absolutely keep over Bergeron if it came down to it. Hamilton and Rask are arguable.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:52 PM
almostawake

That article is worse that what I'd expect to find on bleacher report. If that author got paid for that he should be embarrassed.

almostawake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Bergeron has an NMC.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

I know its a cliche and everyone says it but, no he is not getting traded anytime soon.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 50
Holy ******* that article is bad.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
reffree

Quote:

This new CBA could also spell the end of the line for Patrice Bergeron, who has two more years at $5 million per year before becoming a UFA.
Wow, some media guys need a training camp too ...

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
That article is worse that what I'd expect to find on bleacher report. If that author got paid for that he should be embarrassed.

I 2nd that. whoever wrote that report is a complete moron and now I must read more by them because of the comedy value

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Wow. Pretty terrible preview for the Bruins.

Brian Rolston is not a key free agent. Nathan Horton will not (cannot?) be bought out since he's a free agent this offseason anyway. Thomas is a free agent. Savard can't be bought out because he's hurt.

Dougie Hamilton is already a key RFA when his contract hasn't even started yet? By 2016 nobody has any idea what the cap will look like. Long story short, the Bruins are fine. And as Crossfire already said: Krejci goes long before they even think about Bergeron.
That is one of the worst, least informed articles on the Bruins I have ever read. Well it is about every team but the part about the Bruins is just uninformed.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Is the author a 7 year old MLS fan or something? What a load of bull crap he writes. No, the Bruins are not going to waste a buyout on Nathan Horton. No, Subban is not in any plans for years to come. No, Ference is not "likely" on his way out unless he demands crazy money. And why would the Bruins waste a buyout on Savard as well? After this year or next year he is done making his front-loaded salary and can just retire.

Damn.

With that all said, Bergeron would take an epic overpayment.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:42 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:

That article is waaaayyyyy off. Bergeron is the heart and soul of the Bruins. He won't be moved, he means a lot to the Bruins, similar to what Toews means to Chicago.

You want Bergeron, make the Bruins a better team right now and for the future otherwise forget it.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

That article is a load of baloney. As someone said it says Subban has a chance to be our backup (while Svedberg and probably even Hutchinson would replace Khudobin), and it says our potential buyouts are someone who's salary goes on LTIR, and two upcoming UFAs. Also, he's worth more than any team would ever dream of giving up.

The Bruins would trade or let walk any other player on the roster over Bergeron. He'd be the last to go out of all of our players.

It also says Dougie Hamilton is an RFA to watch even though he's on the first year of his ELC. Lucic isn't even there.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Writer doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Aside from the Bergeron aspect, buyout Thomas and Savard?

Thomas is suspended and not being paid a dime. Also over 35 contract so explain why buyout?
And Savard Is LTIR eligible and therefore not buyout eligible.

What a moron.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

This author must be a cricket fan.

Even worse than that Silverman guy who writes for BR AND also writes sex tips for Made Man. I can't make this up.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Writer doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Aside from the Bergeron aspect, buyout Thomas and Savard?

Thomas is suspended and not being paid a dime. Also over 35 contract so explain why buyout?
And Savard Is LTIR eligible and therefore not buyout eligible.

What a moron.
My understanding is with the amnesty they can get rid of Thomas' contract all together regardless of the fact that it's a 35 and older contract. It'll be very interesting to see what they do with him.

Anyway, just a horrible horrible article. They talk about all the players will lose to free agency because of the cap and then follow it up with how we still won't be able to afford bergeron. Just pathetic.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

This is simply a HORRIBLE ****ing article, complete and utter rubbish.

I'm going to break down, really quick, just how AWFUL it is...

Quote:

Upcoming Key Free Agents:

Unrestricted: Nathan Horton eligible in 2013-2014; Brian Rolston (current); Andrew Ference 2013-14; Tim Thomas 2013-14 .

Restricted: Dougie Hamilton eligible in 2015-16; Tuuka Rask 2013-14.

Potential Buyout Players: Marc Savard, Tim Thomas, Nathan Horton.
Rolston was a deadline addition, he was never coming back. Tim Thomas kicked the team in the balls and "retired" for the season, he is NEVER coming back. Why is he a "key" free agent?

He lists three players (Savvy, Timmy and Nate) as potential buyout players. Timmy's contract expires at the end of the year, Horton's contract expires at the end of the year and Savvy will never play again, he can get put on LTIR whenever the Bruins are in a cap crunch.

How is Doug Hamilton an "upcoming key free agent"? The ****ing guy has a contract that runs for another 3 years AND he will be restricted.

Oh, and it's spelt T-u-u-k-k-a.

Quote:

Another team that can get under cap budget with a buyout; Leaf fans will have an eye on Hamilton, who is in the same boat as several other young players on two-way contracts; those youngsters playing on powerful teams may end up in the minors or back in junior strictly for financial reasons — and they could end up in the NHL with weaker teams for the same reasons. Hamilton is expected to be in Boston’s camp this week.
They are under the cap this year (around $2 million, without putting Savvy's $4.1 million on LTIR) and next year (around $6.0 million without putting Sabby's $4.1 million on LTIR).

$10 million under with 16 players signed. Rask ($4 million), a backup (around $1 million), Knight or Spooner ($870,000), Ference (maybe) or Krug ($1.7 million) and a veteran for the minimum. roster filled, no buy outs.

Exactly WHAT do the Leafs have to do with this? Hamilton comfortably fits within the salary structure of the club. I don't see the point the author is making.

Quote:

This is what tells me this "author" has ZERO clue about this club and did not even bother looking up the numbers.

The offseason Patrice Bergeron is a UFA is the year after the 13/14 season. Assuming the cap stays EXACTLY the same ($64,300,000) for the 14/15 season as it will be for the 13/14 season (which is a stretch) the Bruins will have more than enough cap room to resign Patrice Bergeron.

He is not going anywhere. Ever. He will retire a Bruin.

What an AWFUL article. Seriously, this guy gets paid to write about hockey with this little knowledge?

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
My understanding is with the amnesty they can get rid of Thomas' contract all together regardless of the fact that it's a 35 and older contract. It'll be very interesting to see what they do with him.

Anyway, just a horrible horrible article. They talk about all the players will lose to free agency because of the cap and then follow it up with how we still won't be able to afford bergeron. Just pathetic.
They don't have to do anything with Tim Thomas. He is under contract to play for the Boston Bruins this season. He is staying home, the team will (or has already) suspend him, he does not make a penny this year (although he counts against their salary cap) and he is a UFA after the season ends.

No buyout required. Suspended without pay, contract expires. Hands washed.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post

Amnesty comes into play next year. TT is suspended for this year. The last of his contract. July 5 he will be a UFA.

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote