HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - New York I

Old
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - New York I

Louis Leblanc
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13

Kyle Okposo

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

No way. Okposo's a homegrown talent that may play on the top line with Tavares. Getting an okay prospect, bottom pairing defenseman, and a mid pick isn't good enough for him.

And don't ask for Matt Martin, I know how much you love him.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post

Louis Leblanc
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13

Kyle Okposo
Is 24 yr old Okposo too old for the isles youth movement?

His $2m salary breaking Wang?

As interesting as the Leblanc toughlove situation is, the NYI say thanks but no thanks.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...on-200432.html
After playing 42 games in Montreal last year (5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points), the Habs did even not see fit to invite him to the team training camp this season.But it seems that this is only the tip of the iceberg. According to information obtained by the Sports 98.5, Louis Leblanc would be completely discouraged by the situation that he currently lives in Hamilton.Two people close to the record tell us that Leblanc has become the scapegoat of the Group of coaches of the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Canadian school club in the American hockey League."They grow, but not in the good sense of the word, a source tells us. It almost does not play on the special units and given seven to eight minutes of play by night. I do not know how a first-round pick can develop on a fourth trio."

Aside from his reduced playing time, Leblanc would also be subjected to insults and constant reprimands, said a second source."On the ice, he still preaching. He is shouting names and treat not good. He does not deserve it. She told to defend themselves and to tell them how to think, but Louis is not this kind of person. He is rather shy. "It's frankly pity!

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
seafoam

vCash: 70
I doubt the Isles are interested in moving Okposo for that package at least. They lack quality right handed forwards and losing Okposo does not make that weakness better even if LeBlanc is coming the other way. The Isles have an abundance of young offensive defensemen so they wouldn't be interested in Weber, and with the Isles prospect depth, the 3rd has little value. Also, KO is coming off career high in goals and is signed to a team friendly contract.

They only scenario I can see him being moved would be in a package for a better right handed winger such as Bobby Ryan.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
The 3rd round pick is what really swings this deal

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
No way. Okposo's a homegrown talent that may play on the top line with Tavares. Getting an okay prospect, bottom pairing defenseman, and a mid pick isn't good enough for him.

I'm just surprised their other problem prospect, Danny Kristo, isn't in the proposal

Old
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

We have Prust, Moen, White, and Armstrong as our bottom six wingers, we are fine there. Our problem is that whether or not Bourque can round out our top 6 wingers (along with Patches, Cole, and Gionta).

I don't think I would do the OP because Okposo isn't really an upgrade over Bourque (don't care if I get flamed for that, its true), so why would we trade for someone to make a logjam in our middle 6 wingers? It also eliminates the chance of Gally playing his way on to the team.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
We have Prust, Moen, White, and Armstrong as our bottom six wingers, we are fine there. Our problem is that whether or not Bourque can round out our top 6 wingers (along with Patches, Cole, and Gionta).

I don't think I would do the OP because Okposo isn't really an upgrade over Bourque (don't care if I get flamed for that, its true), so why would we trade for someone to make a logjam in our middle 6 wingers? It also eliminates the chance of Gally playing his way on to the team.
Proof once again that not all Canadians are knowledgeable about hockey . . .

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Okposo has all the tools to be a solid top 6er with perrenial 30 goals scoring if he put it together.

I'd make this trade from the Habs, woudl rpobably upgrade the pick to a 2nd to get it done as well.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm just surprised their other problem prospect, Danny Kristo, isn't in the proposal
What problem does Kristo have? How does being treated poorly (supposedly) by his coach make Leblanc a problem?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Okposo has all the tools to be a solid top 6er with perrenial 30 goals scoring if he put it together.

I'd make this trade from the Habs, woudl rpobably upgrade the pick to a 2nd to get it done as well.
WHY do the NYI trade a 24 yr old core player, for spare parts?

Cause that is what's offered. A struggling prospect Louis Leblanc, a small 3rd pairing d-man in Weber and a 2nd.

Counter proposal: Josh Gorges for De Haan, Martinek and a 2014 2nd rounder.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:46 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
What problem does Kristo have? How does being treated poorly (supposedly) by his coach make Leblanc a problem?
Kristo's team suspensions. His run in with cops for underage drinking.

And LeBlanc's toughlove situation holds no interest, whether his coaches really feel he's destined for a 3rd line role because he's not living up to their expectations.

Isles have their own prospects, that they want pushing for roster spots.

Isles aren't trading a 24 yr old core player, for prospects.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:53 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:

Cause that is what's offered. A struggling prospect Louis Leblanc, a small 3rd pairing d-man in Weber and a 2nd.

Why would you bother to put in Martinek lol?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post

Louis Leblanc
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13

Kyle Okposo
Why do the Isles do this?

Quote:

...is De Haan really struggling?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

A solid "No" from NYI. No reason to move Okposo. No reason to move any young/prime roster players, for the most part. I can see the Isles being open to moving picks/prospects to upgrade the defense, but guys like Okposo/Grabner/Nielsen/etc. won't be going anywhere IMO unless the return is something they just can't pass up.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Why would you bother to put in Martinek lol?
I figured I'd offer a d-man, who can play in the NHL this season.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
When he plays I think he's really good, but he gets hurt a lot. His shoulders are really bothering him. Hopefully this will be the last time.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

No De Haan wasn't struggling before being lost to injury, early in the season. He looked very poised.

But, his shoulder injuries are a concern. I think he's injured both shoulders now.

I threw him because he's a recent 1st rounder like Leblanc. Both have been a disappointments .

Old
01-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Mifroid

vCash: 400
The OP's proposal doesn't make sense. Leblanc is really not playing well right now, and I'm not sure Weber has any value. Okposo, on the other hand, is a good winger with a lot of upside.

Mifroid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Halpysback

Okposo+ for Subban maybe (yeah big + but whatever).

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:15 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
since when is leblanc a 'problem prospect'?

it's fine if you don't like the deal, but leblanc isn't an average prospects, nor is he a problem prospect. no need to make **** up.

and for what it's worth, i wouldn't make the deal either. not hating on okposo, i just like leblanc's game more than others seem to. and yes, isle shouldn't make that either

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Horrible deal for the Isles. An easy "no".

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Proof once again that not all Canadians are knowledgeable about hockey . . .

Okposo's stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93992

Bourque's stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=54761

I`ll give you the fact that Okposo is younger and more valuable, not arguing that, what I`m saying is for all intents and purposes he isn`t an upgrade over Bourque. Okposo`s career year last year is beaten by 2 of Bourque`s last three years. Why would Montreal spend assets to bring in a player that is comparable to a player we already have so that we then must find something to do with said current player? Just poor asset management.

Sorry for the wave of logic, continue blindly bashing without thinking on the subject

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Okposo's stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93992

Bourque's stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=54761

I`ll give you the fact that Okposo is younger and more valuable, not arguing that, what I`m saying is for all intents and purposes he isn`t an upgrade over Bourque. Okposo`s career year last year is beaten by 2 of Bourque`s last three years. Why would Montreal spend assets to bring in a player that is comparable to a player we already have so that we then must find something to do with said current player? Just poor asset management.

Sorry for the wave of logic, continue blindly bashing without thinking on the subject
Okposo was also 3 points shy of doubling Bourque's points last year, on top of being 7 years younger. Most logical conclusions would expect Okposo to outproduce Bourque this season. But hey, if that logic doesn't work for you, you can continue to bash it all you like.

If you prefer Bourque to Okposo, that's fine. But when Bouque was closer to the seasons you are quoting his value at, he was singificantly older than Okposo is, and the Habs gave up Cammalleri to get him. I don't see why the Islanders would be expected to trade Okposo for less. Especially when you consider that the Islanders have zero motivation to move Okposo unless convinced otherwise by an offer.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Okposo was also 3 points shy of doubling Bourque's points last year, on top of being 7 years younger. Most logical conclusions would expect Okposo to outproduce Bourque this season. But hey, if that logic doesn't work for you, you can continue to bash it all you like.

If you prefer Bourque to Okposo, that's fine. But when Bouque was closer to the seasons you are quoting his value at, he was singificantly older than Okposo is, and the Habs gave up Cammalleri to get him. I don't see why the Islanders would be expected to trade Okposo for less. Especially when you consider that the Islanders have zero motivation to move Okposo unless convinced otherwise by an offer.
but bork sucks

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote