Bob McKenzie and others on NHL Network Bruins previews

Old
01-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
That article is TOTAL rubbish. There is a proposal on the Trade board discussing it. I ranted there.
Wow. I just read it.

People really shouldn't get paid to write articles about things they know so little about. Unless it's an opinion piece from the perspective of their own ignorance... and interestingly written as such.

Drivel.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:27 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Prejudice never makes sense. CB hates French-Canadians, Americans and college players. An American college alum of French-Canadian descent would hit the trifecta.
stephane da costa?

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Neely08

Agree w/ Bob McKenzie for the most part (no matter how many times I hear his name, all I can think of is Bob and Doug, eh). Note; he mentioned that 3rd line wing position. That line chipping in is more crucial than some think. Someone had better grab it by the horns.

Brickley seems a tad worried a/b having a veteran back up. Maybe after this season there's still room for Timmah after all. Just think of how happy this place would be.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Wow. I just read it.

People really shouldn't get paid to write articles about things they know so little about. Unless it's an opinion piece from the perspective of their own ignorance... and interestingly written as such.

Drivel.
I read an article at ESPN.com yesterday that stated because the Patriots lost Gronkowski they will be unable to run their two tight end offense. I'm not a football expert by any means but even I know the Pats have more than two TEs on the roster. ESPN! Your worldwide leader!

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Prejudice never makes sense. CB hates French-Canadians, Americans and college players. An American college alum of French-Canadian descent would hit the trifecta.

As for Bergeron, he'll be captain when Chara retires and will see his number retired.
I'd just like an explanation is all, he seems to know his stuff when it comes to hockey (a lot actually) and is articulate, so I'd like him to at least explain what his beef is then I'll be satisfied.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Rancid McGoiter
Still metal.

Send a message via AIM to Rancid McGoiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...heast-division

This new CBA could also spell the end of the line for Patrice Bergeron, who has two more years at $5 million per year before becoming a UFA.
I've read a lot of serious garbage out of TO over the years, but I've never seen such a horrible article in any paper. This isn't even worthy of a blog. At least if you're writing a dumb blog, you're passionate enough to know about the game you're putting your time into.

As a fan of Toronto, Brian Burke, all the nice things they've done for the Bruins, and Bruins' fans, I have to say I'm thoroughly offended by this man's stupidity.

Rancid McGoiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:41 AM
MVP36

McKenzie was pretty much spot on all around, except for his insistence that the Bruins are an old team. Did anyone else notice him frequently use the phrase "despite being a year older...the Bruins etc. etc."

I don't see the Bruins as an aging, skill-deprived team in that sense all. If anything, they'll be better (Seguin's development, Tuukka's taking over, Marchand only getting better, and the primes of Krej Bergy Luc and Horty).

So they're are a year older. Isn't that a good thing?

MVP36 is offline   Reply With Quote