HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
IslesNorway

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Likewise.

I just don't see why it would not be more reasonable for the 2 hockey organizations to oblige each other to a certain degree, seeking a compromise solution, instead of what's happening now.

If "Let Lubo finish his KHL season first" is too much for the Isles to swallow, another compromise might be "Let him play for Slovan until Slovan clinches a play-off spot". Also, I definitely think it would be preferable for the Isles to get a Višňovský who is in game-shape, instead of someone who hasn't played a competitive game for weeks. That's what's likely to happen now (in a best-case scenario for the Isles).
He is in game shape now and that won't change over a couple of weeks. The best-case scenario for the Islanders is getting him to LI as soon as they can because he is needed on this team. The more he plays for Slovan the less he'll play for the Islanders and then there's always the risk of injury.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Tavares2Hall

Quote:
Likewise.

I just don't see why it would not be more reasonable for the 2 hockey organizations to oblige each other to a certain degree, seeking a compromise solution, instead of what's happening now.

If "Let Lubo finish his KHL season first" is too much for the Isles to swallow, another compromise might be "Let him play for Slovan until Slovan clinches a play-off spot". Also, I definitely think it would be preferable for the Isles to get a Višňovský who is in game-shape, instead of someone who hasn't played a competitive game for weeks. That's what's likely to happen now (in a best-case scenario for the Isles).
You're absolutely right. If someone robbed my house and took all of my belongings,I think it would be fair to meet them half way and let them keep some of my stuff rather than being greedy and asking for all of it back.

Tavares2Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2Hall View Post
You're absolutely right. If someone robbed my house and took all of my belongings,I think it would be fair to meet them half way and let them keep some of my stuff rather than being greedy and asking for all of it back.
If there's anything I've learned in these discussions about Visnovsky's situations, it's that the Isles' fans are really, really bad at making up analogies..

Pourquoi pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:51 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Likewise.

I doubt the isles want to risk Vis getting injured, while playing in the KHL.

Whether his KHL team makes the KHL playoffs, is also not a concern for the NYI.

From what Staples told fans yesterday, the isles think Vis will finish out his NHL contract and never return to the NHL. And that's fine. Just let him play the 48 nhl games he owes on his NYI contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:55 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2Hall
You're absolutely right. If someone robbed my house and took all of my belongings,I think it would be fair to meet them half way and let them keep some of my stuff rather than being greedy and asking for all of it back
<br>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourquoi pas View Post
If there's anything I've learned in these discussions about Visnovsky's situations, it's that the Isles' fans are really, really bad at making up analogies..
Personally, I thought the analogy was LOL hilarious - and accurate.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:56 AM
MichaelK

Quote:
Forcing someone to sit out is hardly likely to improve your situation soon. Building some good will instead might have achieved more.
And who is to say Lubo would even honor his commitment if the Islanders "compromised" with him? Since the start he has done everything in his power to delay coming to the Islanders. If the Islanders said fine play in Bratislava and we are tolling your contract what is to say he won't retire at the end of the season? What if he gets hurt with a serious knee injury and the recovery time is one year?

MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
Personally, I thought the analogy was LOL hilarious - and accurate.
If there's anyone who has (so far) benefited from this whole situation (and therefore could be called this "robber" from the analogy), it's the Ducks - but since that's not what the original poster meant, it is a pretty bad analogy.

Pourquoi pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:05 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Likewise.

Yes, I think Garth should also send Lubo on a Hungarian spa vacation before he joins the team so that he is both mentally and physically refreshed. And, it is winter on Long Island, so maybe he can just join the team for warm weather away games. And, maybe Garth can fly him back and forth for Slovan games on Islanders' off days. And maybe Garth can build him a house that is an exact replica of his current home with all the same furnishings, so that he feels better about things.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Dan-o16

There is nothing Faterson won't say in support of his team and his guy. He's shameless.

The idea that it is only the Islanders making these decisions about how to handle this situation just doesn't pass one's momentary reflection. This is a league matter being handled by one of its franchises. I'm sure the Islanders have the latitude to decide whether or not to toll the contract. But the Islanders would be bucking the entire league by letting Visnovsky play for Bratislava this season.

So either Visnovsky is not going to play for Slovan and retire, or he's not going to play for Slovan and report to Long Island. Those are the only two remaining possibilities for this year.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:37 AM
koyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
Yes, I think Garth should also send Lubo on a Hungarian spa vacation before he joins the team so that he is both mentally and physically refreshed. And, it is winter on Long Island, so maybe he can just join the team for warm weather away games. And, maybe Garth can fly him back and forth for Slovan games on Islanders' off days. And maybe Garth can build him a house that is an exact replica of his current home with all the same furnishings, so that he feels better about things.
In Slovakia there are much better spas...

koyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Our defence looks horrible now. From among 8 defencemen on the road trip, two are junior players, one is a farm-team addition, and most of the others have been pretty shaky this season. Our #1 and #2 returned/blocked by NHL, #3 injured. I can't see this 3-game road trip end well for us.

Thanks, Isles.
Tough ****, baby. This is all on your national hero and not the Isles. They're following the rules and Viz is not. END OF STORY.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 AM
doublechili

vCash: 398
Quote:
Our defence looks horrible now. From among 8 defencemen on the road trip, two are junior players, one is a farm-team addition, and most of the others have been pretty shaky this season. Our #1 and #2 returned/blocked by NHL, #3 injured. I can't see this 3-game road trip end well for us.

Thanks, Isles.
You want him to play for your hometown team. Conversely, I think most Isles fans at this point (me, anyway) are sick of the whole situation and are questioning whether we even want Vis in the Isles' lockerroom. It's more about principal at this point. He's got to honor his contract and the agreement between the NHL and KHL. As I keep saying, he was fine in N America when he was making over $5 million a year, but now that he stands to make $1.75 million he's homesick.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Likewise.

Give it a rest. No one here cares about your rinky dink hockey team and the rinky dink league it plays in. Visnovsky has an obligation to play in the NHL. Period. There is no compromise.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:20 AM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourquoi pas View Post
If there's anyone who has (so far) benefited from this whole situation (and therefore could be called this "robber" from the analogy), it's the Ducks - but since that's not what the original poster meant, it is a pretty bad analogy.
You are taking it too literally, thats your problem. No one robbed anyone or got anything. The point of the analogy is that Visnovsky is 100% in the wrong here (robber) so why should the Islanders (victim) compromise with him.

I think the analogy works just fine.

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Because it's ludicrous? The NHL and the Isles have nothing to gain by doing that. What kind of precedent would it set if the NHL let him play those games? It would ostensibly unravel the spirit of the agreement between the NHL and the KHL.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Noreaster96

Quote:

Thanks, Isles.
have you seen the Isles defense? Without Vis it's not all that great either... Hence why they traded for Vis in the first place. And since his contract is first and foremost with the NHL, he has to honor it. As far as I know, the US, Canada, and Russia are part of the IIHF... I don't think there's anyway they would allow a player under contract with one of its member leagues to join another league... It doesn't make any sense

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Any update on Vis?

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:55 AM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
Any update on Vis?
The latest is that he is 'looking forward' to joining the Isles after dealing with his personal issues - namely the health of his son. It seems that he is not traveling with the Bratislava team as the KHL will not let him play in any more games for them. So unless he retires, he supposed to be here sometime in the beginning of February.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The latest is that he is 'looking forward' to joining the Isles after dealing with his personal issues - namely the health of his son. It seems that he is not traveling with the Bratislava team as the KHL will not let him play in any more games for them. So unless he retires, he supposed to be here sometime in the beginning of February.
Bah, don't want him here.It will be Rolston redux, a half effort to go through the motions and not get hurt.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thanks, Isles.
NHL Contract comes first and foremost. He knew going to play in the KHL was a temporary measure. Sorry if I don't feel bad for your team or Vis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Tough ****, baby. This is all on your national hero and not the Isles. They're following the rules and Viz is not. END OF STORY.

BINGO!!!!

01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
19 in a row

I feel as most here do that he has been a total *** about this and has zero ground to stand on, but I have to be honest with myself. If he plays well once he gets here, I will put all these negative feelings aside within a few weeks, especially if he is helping us win games and causes no more waves after joining ala Nabby. If he is dogging it, gets "hurt", disrupts the clubhouse with any further comments or never shows up, then that is a different story... I root for the sweater (and yes, I will even after they add two more counties to it.. which even I have to admit they should once they move).

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I feel as most here do that he has been a total *** about this and has zero ground to stand on, but I have to be honest with myself. If he plays well once he gets here, I will put all these negative feelings aside within a few weeks, especially if he is helping us win games and causes no more waves after joining ala Nabby. If he is dogging it, gets "hurt", disrupts the clubhouse with any further comments or never shows up, then that is a different story... I root for the sweater (and yes, I will even after they add two more counties to it.. which even I have to admit they should once they move).
This should go without saying.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Hipietro

Quote:

Thanks, Isles.
Cry me a ****ing river. Maybe Slovan should have better prepared for the departure of Visnovksy...

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
Give it a rest. No one here cares about your rinky dink hockey team and the rinky dink league it plays in. Visnovsky has an obligation to play in the NHL. Period. There is no compromise.
...says the fan of the long-term ********** NHL team which would be out after no more than 5 games in best-of-7 against Slovan...

Last edited by PWJunior: 01-17-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Profanity circumvention
Heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:29 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Slovan should sign Mark Eaton and some other non-NHLers and UFAs

Good for the players, good for the KHL.

Glad Visnovsky's coming back.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote