HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

vCash: 500
Anyone else find it peculiar that he should arrive the 6th? The next game is on the 7th vs. the Rags.

Looks like Vis wants to help beat them and get in our good graces.

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Islander Prophet

Im starting to wonder how he is going to fit in the top 4 guys. I don't see how you can break up Hamonic/MacDonald and I don't think he would be a good fit with Streit because they are both offensively oriented and Strait plays well with Streit so you don't want to break this duo up. The only solution is that he plays with Carkner and gets the first PP unit instead of Nielsen (but again, the PP has been along so well, why change it?)

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Our team is Gelling and playing so well right now....Watch this top defensman come over only to screw things up.....

If he plays motivated it could be a nice boast to the team...
This is my concern as well. Our teams chemistry has been excellent lately, kind of scared mixing Vis into things will ruin that.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Our team is Gelling and playing so well right now....Watch this top defensman come over only to screw things up.....

If he plays motivated it could be a nice boast to the team...
Why wouldn't he? Do you remember the Nabby situation? Same thing and look at him now. He saved us last night with that blocker save. Unreal. Lubo will come right over and help this team out. He is top 10 offensive dman in the league. Better than Streit. He will improve our squad without a doubt in my opinion. Our power play will have 2 anchors or we put them on the same unit. Its finally nice to see Cappy getting options. Its about time the isles start playing competitive.

Hickey has been playing better than Carkner but Lubo-hickey is too small of a unit....Hickey has to be the odd man out here which is tough b.c i do really like him.

The better question is, where does Bailey go? Does he go to the 4th line? Does he keep him out of the lineup? Maybe take Mcdonalds spot on the 3rd line? Aucoin-Ullstrom need to stay together. Tough decision for Cappy.

DPSNAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
This is my concern as well. Our teams chemistry has been excellent lately, kind of scared mixing Vis into things will ruin that.
Come on, he's a better option than anyone not named Hamonic, MacDonald, and Streit. He also won't be counted on for any leadership, he's a mercenary. The locker room is controlled by Streit officially and Tavares unofficially. I don't see a problem here. I know I'd rather have him out there than the unproven Hickey and the enforcer Carkner. Hickey will most likely be the odd man out.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
BillD

I don't like how Lubo acted, he was being a weasel and trying avoid his contractual obligation because it was NYI. Probably would have been fine with the Rags.
But we made the deal, we paid the price of a 2nd round pick, and now he is on his way reluctantly or not. If he shows up and plays to teh best of his ability we will take the benefits and ignore the rest because it will be good for us as a franchise to have some success. As fans, we have to hold our noses and give'em a little half hug, welcome him, and get him going. Nabby can help him out with getting comfortable as a fellow eastern European.

Just win.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
OpAck

I don't think Vis has anything to worry about. I'd say 60% of us just want to move on and expect him to play his best. 30% don't even know much of the story. The other 10% will boo him mercilessly until they get tired of doing it (or until he scores his first goal).

Once he gives a few statements to that little Isles TV Picker dweeb, about how he wants to get this team to the playoffs, love the Isles and the group of guys in the room...all will be fine.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Every time we blow a lead, I realize how badly we need a veteran presence on the blue line if we want to have some sustained success, and Voila! We get our needed vet.

I really, really hope that this does not turn on to be an awkward situation though, because of everything that has happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if this turns into the ASS, the Amare Stoudamire Situation, where, as talented as he still is, the team was better off with him, chemistry wise, and that found its way into the teams record.

ktrio730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU! Bobcats!

Maybe MacDonald on the bottom pair?

Visnovsky-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
MacDonald-Carkner

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

Visnovsky-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
MacDonald-Carkner
Why mess up a good thing? Hamonic should still be paired with Amac, keep Streit and Strait together and then pair Vis with Carkner. Then this team will actually have three really good D pairs.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Quote:

Visnovsky-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
MacDonald-Carkner
I'd be ok with this, as much as I love MacDonald, I do feel like he's not had the greatest start to the season (albeit not horrible).Lubo was brought in to be a top defenseman for us, and absolutely should be given a shot on the top 2 lines. If things don't go well, we can always switch back, but AMac-Hamonic hasn't looked particularly sharp recently, so I'd try it.

ktrio730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
if bringing in a past all star/current really solid offensive Dman screws the team chemistry, then it wasn't all that great to begin with.

Isles Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:

Visnovsky-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
MacDonald-Carkner
Lets put the defenseman who is currently getting the most minutes on the team and playing very well on the 3rd pairing, and put a guy who doesn't even want to be here on the 1st pairing. Makes a lot of sense.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Why mess up a good thing? Hamonic should still be paired with Amac, keep Streit and Strait together and then pair Vis with Carkner. Then this team will actually have three really good D pairs.
That's my thinking as well. Visnovsky hasn't been playing and he'll have some rust. Throw him on the 3rd pairing and give him extensive PP time. He'll help even out minutes between all the pairs and that will benefit the team in the long run.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU! Bobcats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Lets put the defenseman who is currently getting the most minutes on the team and playing very well in the 3rd pairing, and put a guy who doesn't even want to be here on the 1st pairing. Makes a lot of sense.
This isn't about who deserves to be where, it's about maximizing potential. I think Visnovsky being paired with Hamonic could maximize each others' potentials.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:42 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
This isn't about who deserves to be where, it's about maximizing potential. I think Visnovsky being paired with Hamonic could maximize each others' potentials.
Okay, I actually want Vis-Hamonic too but not yet. I don't understand how you move Amac to the 3rd line and not Strait. Strait will be paired with Carkner/Hickey as the 3rd pairing. No way Amac will be on the 3rd pairing.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Islander Prophet

I would do the following:

MacDonald-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
Visnovsky-Carkner

As for PP, im not too sure again if we want to change things up, but I guess Nielsen could be replaced by Visnovsky

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
I would do the following:

MacDonald-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
Visnovsky-Carkner

As for PP, im not too sure again if we want to change things up, but I guess Nielsen could be replaced by Visnovsky
Isles power play is first in the league and there is NO reason to change for a player who hasn't even practiced with the team. When they play Lubo he should be on the second unit unless it begins to struggle.

Please keep in mind the effect Brian Rolston making big money had on the team when he arrived and was given Blake Comeau's spot on the 3rd line and how uninspired Blake and his roommate Josh Bailey were at the start of last year when Garth only gave Blake 1 year and nickled and dimed Bailey in last second negotiations right before the season.

Frans is much more mature than Blake, but should not be pushed aside. He's as much of the reason that the power play and pk are working as anyone is. When the team struggles Lubo can be put on the first unit. Until that time loyal Islanders like Frans and players that want to be here like Hickey should be playing (Hickey even strength) and Lubo should be on the 3rd d pair and 2nd power play unit and even sit out if Carkner's toughness is needed. When the team struggles and if he shows a good ethic in practice his role can increase. Otherwise the wrong message is sent to players that want to be here.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:51 PM
original islander

Sorry about my rant above but Lubo coming here early while we're winning is like Charlize Theoren wanting to date me after I win 7 Billion in the lottery.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Satan'sIsland81

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Isles power play is first in the league and there is NO reason to change for a player who hasn't even practiced with the team. When they play Lubo he should be on the second unit unless it begins to struggle.

Please keep in mind the effect Brian Rolston making big money had on the team when he arrived and was given Blake Comeau's spot on the 3rd line and how uninspired Blake and his roommate Josh Bailey were at the start of last year when Garth only gave Blake 1 year and nickled and dimed Bailey in last second negotiations right before the season.

Frans is much more mature than Blake, but should not be pushed aside. He's as much of the reason that the power play and pk are working as anyone is. When the team struggles Lubo can be put on the first unit. Until that time loyal Islanders like Frans and players that want to be here like Hickey should be playing (Hickey even strength) and Lubo should be on the 3rd d pair and 2nd power play unit and even sit out if Carkner's toughness is needed. When the team struggles and if he shows a good ethic in practice his role can increase. Otherwise the wrong message is sent to players that want to be here.
Ridiculous post. Sorry, but the only reason Lubo should not be playing top 4 minutes initially is for him to get in shape, have some practices with the team, learn the system and develop chemistry. After that, he should DEFINITELY be in the top 4 and top PP unit. Your idea to sit him out is just ludicrous. This is not about a better than expected start over 7 games, this is about adding one of the TOP 5 d-men in scoring in the ENTIRE NHL over the last five years. To say Thomas freakin Hickey should be playing over him is just dumb.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
Ridiculous post. Sorry, but the only reason Lubo should not be playing top 4 minutes initially is for him to get in shape, have some practices with the team, learn the system and develop chemistry. After that, he should DEFINITELY be in the top 4 and top PP unit. Your idea to sit him out is just ludicrous. This is not about a better than expected start over 7 games, this is about adding one of the TOP 5 d-men in scoring in the ENTIRE NHL over the last five years. To say Thomas freakin Hickey should be playing over him is just dumb.
Understand your point on Hickey, but when it comes to Frans; people that show loyalty should be given loyalty and if playing well should keep their spot.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Sorry about my rant above but Lubo coming here early while we're winning is like Charlize Theoren wanting to date me after I win 7 Billion in the lottery.
I'd still have no problem dating her for a few months

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post
I'd be ok with this, as much as I love MacDonald, I do feel like he's not had the greatest start to the season (albeit not horrible).Lubo was brought in to be a top defenseman for us, and absolutely should be given a shot on the top 2 lines. If things don't go well, we can always switch back, but AMac-Hamonic hasn't looked particularly sharp recently, so I'd try it.
I completely disagree. Mac has been our best dman logging ridiculous amounts of ice time. His stick work is incredible.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I completely disagree. Mac has been our best dman logging ridiculous amounts of ice time. His stick work is incredible.
Agreed...I don't know what everyone else has been watching, but I thought MacDonald has been looking better than he did all of last season. Defensively, there has been no player better than him.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post
Agreed...I don't know what everyone else has been watching, but I thought MacDonald has been looking better than he did all of last season. Defensively, there has been no player better than him.
Played 31 minutes against the Devs who had Kovie playing 28 minutes. Kovie had zero points and Mac did a terrific job getting his stick in front of that guys shot. I know Strait personally had a real nice step up to him too but Mac was on him all night.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote