HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks, Kings Discussed Bernier

Old
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Hawks, Kings Discussed Bernier

Quote:
1. Is Corey Crawford The Answer In Goal?
According to colleague Pierre LeBrun, the Blackhawks talked trade with the Kings regarding talented backup Jonathan Bernier during the summer. But as camp opens, the Blackhawks have the same duo of Corey Crawford and Ray Emery that shared duties last season. Crawford was remarkable during the playoffs against the Canucks in his rookie season, but was equally unremarkable last season against the Coyotes, finishing 2-4 with a .893 save percentage and 2.58 goals-against average in the playoffs. "He didn't have a good playoff. I'm not going to try to sell you on the fact he played well," Bowman said. "At the same time, you can't lay it all on him, and if you look at the two years he had -- the year before, he was probably the reason we made the playoffs." There's too much talent in Chicago for Bowman to let suspect goaltending sabotage a playoff team, so there will be some evaluating going on early this season. "[Crawford] almost won that series against Vancouver. He was so good," Bowman said. "Was that a fluke? Or was last year the fluke? I guess time will tell."
http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2012/team/_/name/chi

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Garbage Goal

If it costs anything that would hurt then its not worth it for Chicago. They have a great team and as far as goaltending goes they could do a lot worse. Bernie's worth at least talking about though. Still, goalies don't go for much, Bernier doesn't really have an opportunity as a starter in LA, and Bernier is far from proven.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Would've like to have seen the Hawks get Bernier and dump Emery. Have Bernier push Crawford or take over the starting job if Crawford can't rebound.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:37 PM
99 steps
to the top

my thoughts exactly

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
I doubt Bernier gets traded untill the offseason or deadline. I also think the Kings would be very wise to trade him to the East; speaking from a Sharks fans who saw our old backup ruin are closest chance to a Stanley Cup to date

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

I think Ben bishop is a hawk by the end of the year. Ottawa has to get rid of him this summer anyways.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
I doubt Bernier gets traded untill the offseason or deadline. I also think the Kings would be very wise to trade him to the East; speaking from a Sharks fans who saw our old backup ruin are closest chance to a Stanley Cup to date

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:17 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

No one likes us.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Djp

Let the Kane/Crawford for Miller rumors resurface.....

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Correct me if I am wrong but Kings have known all summer that Quick would require surgery correct?

Its possible I imagine the talks have been shelved until Quick is back for Kings

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Let the Kane/Crawford for Miller rumors resurface.....
Overpayment in my eyes.

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but Kings have known all summer that Quick would require surgery correct?

Its possible I imagine the talks have been shelved until Quick is back for Kings
Quick is back already.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
I think Ben bishop is a hawk by the end of the year. Ottawa has to get rid of him this summer anyways.
Why? Is it because of Lehner? Wouldn't it be better if he had competition for the job then?

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Really hope Bernier doesn't stay in the West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
Lol exactly.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why? Is it because of Lehner? Wouldn't it be better if he had competition for the job then?
Lehner already beat bishop handily in the ahl this year. He's past him, and ready to challenge Anderson. The other option is trading Anderson, but that leaves us with two unexperienced goalies, and with a 3m contract for 2 more years, there's no guarantee Andy returns more than bishop.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Kamal007
A$VP

Bob Mackenzie on thats hockey saying that Leafs are kicking tires on Bernier as well. That with Allaire and Burke gone, they could show more interest then before.

Kamal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Don't see Bernier moving right now- but glad that Bowman was in on him. If Crow tanks again hopefully we pick him up in the summer

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Would've like to have seen the Hawks get Bernier and dump Emery. Have Bernier push Crawford or take over the starting job if Crawford can't rebound.
that would be a good plan. Emery would be a fine backup for LA as well incase Quick needed a rest. Plus Kings would get more in the deal of course

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Hawkaholic

What about McNeill and Emery for Bernier?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
That's about what Bernier is worth. They might want the 1st round pick instead though...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:51 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

I belive quick has been rehabing the last month or so in mancheaster. I think hes been ready for a while but keep on ir to help keep him/get him in game shape. He is said to ready for the season.

Personally i dont see him traded to within the western conference with a server over payment. The kings dont want to have to face him 6 times a season. With a chance to see him in the playoffs.

Also the kings gm dean lombardi stated he wants to keep bernier to have a capable goalie duo. With alot of back to back games Bernier will be playing more and could be the difference in making the playoff or not. There is also a higher risk of injury to players this year. The earliest i can see him traded is the deadline.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
The kings have no need for McNeill not due to talent level due to the postion he plays. The kings have all the centers they need for the next decade or so. Kopitar richards stoll fraser with carter lewis nolon king and richardson all natural centers playing wing. Emery hold little or no value to the kings. Think top 6 lw propect 1st and a defenseman prospect. Yes its a overpayment but thats what it would take to trade him within the conference. Kings have no real reason to trade him hes signed for this year and is a rfa after it. Emery maybe added to the trade instead of defenseman propect if you need to but he adds litte value to trade .

Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 01-15-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: thought of after
KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

2 prospects + 1st is crazy

Id be very happy with a 1st + the backup of whichever team he goes to for him

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

We need a veteran defenseman, seemingly in a desperate way.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
The kings have no need for McNeill not due to talent level due to the postion he plays. The kings have all the centers they need for the next decade or so. Kopitar richards stoll fraser with carter lewis nolon king and richardson all natural centers playing wing. Emery hold little or no value to the kings. Think top 6 lw propect 1st and a defenseman prospect. Yes its a overpayment but thats what it would take to trade him within the conference. Kings have no real reason to trade him hes signed for this year and is a rfa after it. Emery maybe added to the trade instead of defenseman propect if you need to but he adds litte value to trade .
If they've not hesitated to switch up natural centers to other positions before why couldn't they do the same thing with McNeill?

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote