HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[EDM/DAL] Mark Fistric for 2013 3rd Round Pick (MOD WARNING POST 255)

Old
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
TrillMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Interesting to see Stars fans perception of Fistrics value drop so dramatically once he's dealt. Good deal.
It hasn't changed one bit. Look back at the threads over the past year complaining about Fistric's game.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Interesting to see Stars fans perception of Fistrics value drop so dramatically once he's dealt. Good deal.
I hate it every time it happens, but oftentimes a player will get ripped apart once he's traded or leaves a team by that team's fans, even if said player is a good player. They'll say "he sucks" or "we don't need him so I'm glad he's gone" instead of just being respectful and giving the player who gave some good years to your team due diligence. It's almost as if they're jealous said player doesn't play for their team anymore so he automatically "sucks" the moment they get rid of him.

Pretty pathetic, but just ignore it. Congrats, you got a good player.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Okay. I watched pretty much every shift he took as a Star (I missed a handful of games of the years). Fistric was moved because there is no room for him in the current lineup. He would have been scratched pretty much every game.

I'm not so sure why EDM is so excited for this. Sure, he'll have some nice hits (with an occasional big one), but that's pretty much all you get with him. He has zero offensive upside. In 60 games last year he had 2 total assists. He is very prone to be out of defensive position too.

I met the guy a while ago and he was really cool in person, so there's that.
I'm not sure why us Oiler fans should we worried about this. If he can play decent defense isn't that all we should ask for?

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
dss97

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Let's see, I can believe ScubaSteve and other Stars fans who have seen Fistric play for a number of seasons, or I can believe Oilers fans who have seen minimal amounts.

Tough choice. What do you say, Tambo?
Did you even read the thread? Some Dallas fans said they would miss him.

dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Troy McClure

Quote:
Most Stars fans have said since last year that the team has one of the worst groups of defensemen in the entire league, so I don't know how you can think the perception has changed at all.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Okay. I watched pretty much every shift he took as a Star (I missed a handful of games of the years). Fistric was moved because there is no room for him in the current lineup. He would have been scratched pretty much every game.

I'm not so sure why EDM is so excited for this. Sure, he'll have some nice hits (with an occasional big one), but that's pretty much all you get with him. He has zero offensive upside. In 60 games last year he had 2 total assists. He is very prone to be out of defensive position too.

We like it because we aren't counting on him for offense. We need the physicality that he brings, and he is a better option on the third pairing than Peckham or Potter.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScubaSteve*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I'm not sure why us Oiler fans should we worried about this. If he can play decent defense isn't that all we should ask for?
Yeah except he can't do that, either.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

What does your defense depth chart look like right now?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

He's a big hitter though.

Gives EDM some physicality on the backend. He's just inconsistent in his own end.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
This guy has watched Fistric play for a number of seasons and he disagrees with those other Stars fans....I'm so confused, I don't know what's real anymore!!!!!!!

The Sedins better keep their heads up.
Technically, I'm a Sabres fan but have a Steve Ott avatar now that we have him. When I get a picture of Ott in a Buffalo jersey that's what my avatar will be.

But I have watched some of Fistric and I've been thoroughly impressed. Don't listen to the fans who say "he sucks". You got a good defenseman for your need. He won't be a savior but you got a solid player that will help your team.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Declassified

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
besides, we've been missing a Dman that can hit and be tough to play against ever since we lost Greene, he fills a need that the oilers have had for years, thats why we're happy. who cares if he cant score or get assists, we have other players who will be scoring for us.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Most Stars fans have said since last year that the team has one of the worst groups of defensemen in the entire league, so I don't know how you can think the perception has changed at all.
And yet you were 13th in GA, better than a handful of playoff teams.

Old
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Very happy with this trade. Fistric will provide exactly what we need on that third pairing.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Yeah except he can't do that, either.
Not like ours could either, so what's the big deal? If he hits and blocks shots, I'm sold.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
smitty10

Great move by Edmonton. Really shores up the top 6 defense there.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I hate it every time it happens, but oftentimes a player will get ripped apart once he's traded or leaves a team by that team's fans, even if said player is a good player. They'll say "he sucks" or "we don't need him so I'm glad he's gone" instead of just being respectful and giving the player who gave some good years to your team due diligence. It's almost as if they're jealous said player doesn't play for their team anymore so he automatically "sucks" the moment they get rid of him.

Pretty pathetic, but just ignore it. Congrats, you got a good player.
Lolwut? I invite anyone to go through the Stars game day threads for the last couple of seasons to see just how wrong you are.

He's a decent 6/7 but nothing more. There's a reason he was healthy scratched a lot. Someone on the Stars board called a Fistric trade to the Oilers the day before yesterday - this really isn't a shock to anyone. He's being moved to make space for some of the kids (Dillon, Jordie Benn)

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
What were we saying his value was before this? And what was the situation at those times?

Its completely different now. We've got 1 young guy(Dillon) who is definitely ready to make the jump now, and two more in the AHL that should be ready at some point this season or early next year. Fistric wasnt going to be re-signed. He's basically a #6 d-man. Its a good deal for both teams IMO.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What does your defense depth chart look like right now?
Goligoski-Larsen
Dillon-Daley
Robidas-Jordie Benn/Rome

Oleksiak has a shot at a roster spot too.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Technically, I'm a Sabres fan but have a Steve Ott avatar now that we have him. When I get a picture of Ott in a Buffalo jersey that's what my avatar will be.

But I have watched some of Fistric and I've been thoroughly impressed. Don't listen to the fans who say "he sucks". You got a good defenseman for your need. He won't be a savior but you got a solid player that will help your team.
Yep, that's all we are hoping for, there are some drama queens in this thread.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
belair

Fistric does exactly what the Oilers need. He hits people and blocks shots. He's a guy you need to focus on if you're an opposing player on the ice or you might die.

If his hits take him out of position then his probable defensive partner will be Nick Schultz, who has a very solid positional game.

Some guys in Dallas might hate the guy, but he's something the Oilers sorely needed.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhoahNow

I won't say Fistric sucks or anything, but the reason he got traded is because he lost his spot in the lineup. We have 3 or 4 NHL or near NHL ready guys who can move up from the AHL and Fistric is only a serviceable 6/7th defenceman who hasn't improved his offensive or defensive game in the past few years. EDM is getting a guy who ads a lot of grit and hitting ability, but not much else. Fistric is still reasonably young so there is time for him to find his stride, he might be a good fit staying back and letting Schultz run the offense.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
The Right Price

Tambellini makes a great move? No way!

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Goligoski-Larsen
Dillon-Daley
Robidas-Jordie Benn/Rome

Oleksiak has a shot at a roster spot too.
I see. There's probably a multitude of reasons for the Fistric trade. Mark Spector out of Edmonton is reporting that the Stars are adamant that they have guys who can bring what Fistric brings. They didn't want to invest any more time in him considering that he wasn't going to re-sign in the summer. C'est la vie. Both parties are probably happy today. The Stars get to take a look at some other guys and Fistric gets to come home.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
I won't say Fistric sucks or anything, but the reason he got traded is because he lost his spot in the lineup. We have 3 or 4 NHL or near NHL ready guys who can move up from the AHL and Fistric is only a serviceable 6/7th defenceman who hasn't improved his offensive or defensive game in the past few years. EDM is getting a guy who ads a lot of grit and hitting ability, but not much else. Fistric is still reasonably young so there is time for him to find his stride, he might be a good fit staying back and letting Schultz run the offense.
No offense, but we say the same thing every year. It usually leads to losses and lots of them.

Old
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
zoA

Great trade

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote