Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:35 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Seeing teams around us sign players to bolster their club while Wenger does nothing, yet again, is getting frustrating... AGAIN.

The club is laughing right in the face of their fans. We sell out every home game since god knows when, our ticket prices are the highest on the market, we always cash in solid profits when we sell our star players... Yet we're shy about going out and landing stud players in order to compete with the top 3 teams of the BPL and the teams that were beneath us are catching up real fast and will probably surpass us in the next few years.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Please take Pepe Reina, Barcelona.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I mean at 30M€, I could see that his issues would put doubts in scouts' minds.
But at 12M€?
Im sure their is a reason why all the top clubs passed on him...

Old
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Im sure their is a reason why all the top clubs passed on him...
which would be?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative View Post
How is he on a level below RVP? He is not as good a finisher, but he is a better creator, better dribbler and as good as, if not superior hair.
Well finishing is kinda important for a striker...and I'm not sure about Suarez being a better creator, he is better at setting up his team-mates, but I think RVP is better at creating goals because he's more capable of scoring out of nothing.

Quote:
which would be?
That maybe, just maybe he actually is the raging doucher you don't want him to be?

Last edited by cgf: 01-21-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Captain Saku

Sneijder move to Galatasaray is confirmed for €7.5M.

Marotta says Llorente will move to Juve in the summer.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
ecemleafs

Rogic work permit granted.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
That maybe, just maybe he actually is the raging doucher you don't want him to be?
Again, how do you know?

It's fine to make up things but at some point you have to know what you're talking about.
I'm basing my opinion on :
1- facts that have been proven against him
2- the word of his teammates, coaches, team officials, etc... about his character.

What are you basing your opinion on?
Nothing.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
which would be?
ask all the top clubs who did not put in a offer for him.. they know better than me and you

Old
01-21-2013, 11:37 AM
cgf

Quote:
Again, how do you know?

It's fine to make up things but at some point you have to know what you're talking about.
2- the word of his teammates, coaches, team officials, etc... about his character.

Nothing.
That's the whole point, I have no opinion on M'Vila. I don't know him, don't know that much about it him, but clubs know a lot more than we as fans do, and clubs have been avoiding him. That doesn't prove anything, but it tells me that his character worries the people who get paid to do this. And with their greater access, focus and experience, they're usually just a little bit better at assessing character than internet homers.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Again, how do you know?

Nothing.
How don't you know?

Wouldn't be the first time a footballer is blacklisted for being crazy.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Evilo

Quote:
ask all the top clubs who did not put in a offer for him.. they know better than me and you
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
That's the whole point, I have no opinion on M'Vila. I don't know him, don't know that much about it him, but clubs know a lot more than we as fans do, and clubs have been avoiding him. That doesn't prove anything, but it tells me that his character worries the people who get paid to do this. And with their greater access, focus and experience, they're usually just a little bit better at assessing character than internet homers.
Haha, so here we are the mighty scouts are always right.

Well, in my opinion, people that KNOW M'Vila, like his coaches, his teammates, etc... KNOW better than you and me and THEY say he's a good guy.

OTOH, how many times have we seen "scouts" crash into their evaluations?

OBVIOUSLY, his problems have had consequences on his trade value. Heck, Rennes turned down 30M€ for him a year and a half ago.
STILL, as I said, at 12M€, it's beyond ridiculous not to take a chance at him. Zenith QPR and Kazan (that obviously, according to your posts, don't care to take "bad guys") have understood it. Apparently, Arsenal, Chelsea and others haven't. Too bad for them. But it's still stupid.

As for being a blind homer who can't see the obvious, I think you can go back to my post history and see that my evaluations are usually pretty on par.
You can go as far as Drogba who was called out here when he didn't succeed in his first Chelsea season. I don't remember many players where my assessment wasn't right (sure it happenned, but usually not).
So yeah, I do work with football kids and I know what I'm talking about. I've talked to M'Vila, I have my own opinion of him.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Wouldn't be the first time a footballer is blacklisted for being crazy.

Now M'Vila's crazy?

Funny, Ribéry is twice worse than M'Vila and I'm sure people wouldn't mind putting 40m€ on the table for him.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:

Now M'Vila's crazy?

Funny, Ribéry is twice worse than M'Vila and I'm sure people wouldn't mind putting 40m€ on the table for him.
Truth.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Sneijder's move to Galastray is the end for him IMO.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
villevalo

Gourcuff to us on loan seems to be a possibility.
We might last min steal Mbiwa from Newcastle.
We're looking into Wanyama.
We're looking into Hummels.

Apparently David Villa has told Barca he wants to leave and leave during this transfer window. Maybe that the big money deal Wenger was talking about?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:

Now M'Vila's crazy?

and ribery is five times the player M'Vila is

Old
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Evilo

Quote:
and ribery is five times the player M'Vila is
Remind me where you were when Ribery was 22?
I was there. Ribery had just come off a year in National (3rd level) and had signed with L1 Metz. After 6 months of me hyping him on these boards, he signed with GALATASARAY. Yep.

Scouts sure did know then, huh? Well I knew. And a few years later, he's considered a top player.

M'Vila is better than Ribery was at the same age (even though they play different position).

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
Gourcuff to us on loan seems to be a possibility.
We might last min steal Mbiwa from Newcastle.
We're looking into Wanyama.
We're looking into Hummels.

Apparently David Villa has told Barca he wants to leave and leave during this transfer window. Maybe that the big money deal Wenger was talking about?
Who's us? I know Gourcuff on loan has been talked about here. Mbiwa to Newcastle seems pretty much done.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Evilo

Looking back to 2005, here were my top 10 L1 prospects :
Quote:
FRENCH LEAGUE

1 (1)- Phillipe Mexes, AS Roma, D, 30/03/1982
Filled with energy, Mexes is a marvelous defenseman. He's excellent defensively, good with the header, and his passing is great. He can also score quite a few goals a year. Simply a wonderful prospect.

2 (2)- Nilmar, Brazil, Lyon, ST, 17/07/84
Now we know why he's supposed to be the next best thing in Brazil. First game, he comes up as a sub at the 76th minute, and he scores two goals to give Lyon the victory in Rennes. And two pure striker type of goals. Definitely a future star. A great feel for positionning.

3 (8)- Hatem Ben Arfa, Lyon, ST, 07/03/87
Is making a huge impact for a guy his age. He can already hurt defenses thanks to his dribbling ability. A future star no matter what.

4 (30)- Michael Essien, Ghana, Lyon, MF, 09/06/82
Was known in Bastia for his amazing shot, and good defensive midfield skills. Suffered a bad injury that prevented him to show his stuff in Lyon. He now has developped into a complete midfielder in Lyon. He’s a rock defensively, with effortless tackling skills, and is great in offensive support. He scores regularly now.

5 (5)- Petr Cech, Czech Republic, Chelsea, G, 20/05/82
Big, rather agile, he's excellent at using his big frame and at stopping penalties.

6 (16)- Jérémy Menez, Sochaux, ST, 30/11/87
Another great striker coming up but this time for Sochaux. He has speed to burn, and is accurate in front of the net.

7 (7)- Kim Kallstrom, Sweden, Rennes, MF, 24/08/82
Great vision and a knack for amazing passes. He had a very average EC for his talent. Is also excellent on free kicks.

8 (10)- Franck Ribery, Metz, MF, 01/04/83
THE player of the beginning of the year. He was playing in the third division last year and emerged this year as a star player. He's a small player with great technique and superb awareness. Not only can he pass everywhere, but he can dribble a defense by himself and turn a game around in one single action. He's not physically strong (1,70m, 60kg) and that might be where his biggest difficulty is. He leads the league in assists.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=23

See Ribéry, you didn't know how to spell his name in 2005. Now learn how M'vila plays before stating things like "5 times the player M'Vila is".

Old
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Evilo

Frédéric Antonetti is a well known coach in France and is especially known for his ability to reveal young talents.
He's M'Vila's coach.
What he thinks about M'Vila? :
"He reads the game like Claude Makelele, has the presence of Patrick Vieira and can pass the ball like Yaya Toure."

He adds :
"Everywhere he'll go, he'll be important. Every time I see him, he impresses me. He plays like he's 10 years older. His game is amazing. You tell him something once and it's enough. Like all class players, he has something more than others. It can't be explained."

About M'vila leaving soon : "it's already a chance to coach a guy like that for a few seasons. Even if he's soft spoken in daily life, he's a leader by example. He never misses a training session and brings everyone up. He must not be afraid of his place with the National Team. He has an international destiny and I can't see who can take his place for Team France."

Old
01-21-2013, 01:49 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who's us? I know Gourcuff on loan has been talked about here. Mbiwa to Newcastle seems pretty much done.
He's an Arsenal fan.

Hummels would be awesome, but why the hell would he want to come to our team filled with problems and rumours about front office/coaching change?

The last rumour about Villa was he doesn't want to move until summer because of his wife is almost due. I will believe that rumour more than him wanting out now.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Evilo

OK, thanks.

Nicollin says Mbiwa is stupid to sign with Newcastle and will be sold again next summer (because he'll be too good for Newcastle).
Also says that nobody wants Belhanda anyway (I'm guessing at his price) and that he'll only sell to EPL and german teams (because of financial security).

Old
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
So Clichy, M'biwa, and Sissoko to Newcastle now? Anything up front?

Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
So Clichy, M'biwa, and Sissoko to Newcastle now? Anything up front?
Yep, as I said, Gouffran.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Foppa

Evilo,

How good (or potentially good) is Thauvin? I really get the feeling, regardless if we go after bigger name players or not, that he'll end up with Arsenal. I think Arsenal are going to get priced out of a Zaha move (and Zaha would probably prefer Man Utd anyways...even if he is a Gunners fan) and I think Thauvin is a talent Wenger will turn to.

It appears as though he's just become a regular this season with Bastia in Ligue 1...can he step in and at least contribute at the EPL level in some capacity or are we talking about a guy who needs some more development time?

Closed Thread