Notices

Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Evilo

vCash: 500
All these moves have been confirmed on L'Equipe, so yeah, they're official.
Haidara is another great signing, especially at that price.
He's young though and hopefully, Newcastle will be patient with him.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

Good Stuff Newcastle; I'm a fan of Mbiwa. Haven't seen much of Haidara. Hopefully we can seal Sissoko up even if it is pre-contract, he is a guy with good potential and pretty steady in defence and going forward.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Evilo

Newcastle fans, you're going to love Mbiwa. Haidara probably, Gouffran maybe, as for Sissoko, you'll either love him or hate him, depending on how he develops.
Mbiwa to me is the only guy who can step in and be a presence in the EPL right now though. Gouffran could be, Haidara not sure, and for Sissoko I'm not really sure he'll buy himself consistency in a month.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Newcastle twitter finally announces the Mbiwa signing.

*dance*

Old
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
WENGER get off your A**

Old
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
JJTT

vCash: 50
So will Fabricio Coloccini stay or move before end of the tranfer window?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
So will Fabricio Coloccini stay or move before end of the tranfer window?
I think he will stay until the summer at least. San Lorenzo can't afford a transfer fee which means we effectively would have to cancel his contract to allow him to move. He is our captain and best defender, the team will do much better with him and Mbiwa. Any defender would struggle playing with Mike Williamson, so letting him go now kind off cancels out the Mbiwa signing. Cabaye (my favourite midfielder) is returning from injury so that will also boost us, hopefully Ben Arfa will hopefully be back soon too.

Last edited by Sabres Fan UK: 01-22-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishCanuck View Post
Any team after Wanyama should be prepared to pay.

Celtic aren't going to let him go for nothing just because he plays in Scotland.
I really don't understand why nobody is willing to make a 15m Euro bid or thereabouts. He's without doubt one of the best young DM's in the UK, style of play would be perfect for England as well. Too bad Rodgers doesn't seem to prefer that type of player because I think he'll be top quality.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Plato

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
that this season probably wont end with a CL spot and that its a two or three season project with Rodgers. playing the kids this season, showing improvement, add a bit over a few windows, push for top 4 in a season or two. That type of deal.
I figured as much but if I were a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't buy that for a second. The youngsters are playing out of necessity and not necessarily as part of a greater plan.
I've watched probably close to 60-70% of Liverpool's matches this year and I really don't see any top end potential in any of the youngsters that are currently being played at the moment.
It's more of a cop-out to justify not going for it in the transfer market.

Sterling is obviously the brightest of the bunch and I definitely appreciate his talent but I think that at best he'll end up being a great support player and not somebody who willl have the ability to take over a match. Jonjo is probably as good now as he'll ever be, Allen could be great if he looks to take more risks with his passing but I think the hype surrounding him is way overblown, Wisdom is average at best and Borini, who I like and who perhaps can't really be judged considering all the time he missed, didn't exactly look like he was that great of a fit at the start although that could be attributed to Liverpool's poor start to the season.

Even if those players do well in their progression over the next couple of years, the likelihood of a serious run at a CL spot is very unlikely unless there's some serious investment made into the club in the form of established superstars coming to Anfield much like Suarez. The amount of money spent over the last couple of years on the likes of Henderson, Adam, Downing, Borini, Assaidi, Carroll, Borini, Enrique etc... spent elsewhere could have had Liverpool in a fantastic position going forward but we all know the reality.

Sturridge is an ok start but with Liverpool's current squad that's really the only kind of player they'll be able to get to come in. Not good enough to play regularly for Chelsea, good enough to start at Liverpool. Unfortunately those types of players really won't be enough and it's a damn shame because Suarez/Agger/Skrtel/a healthy Lucas/Johnson/Gerrard is a great base to work off of.

Suarez is really the only thing that sets Liverpool apart from the other clubs who aren't in serious CL contention. I mean you take a club like Newcastle that is fighting to avoid the relegation battle and look at their youngsters with the new additions coming in and you'll find a group that in my opinion is far superior to that of Liverpool's with the likes of Santon, Bigirimana, M'Biwa, Sissoko, Anita, Obertan (although I don't really rate him all that much), Haidara and even Ben Arfa to a lesser extent as he's an '87.

I find the Liverpool situation very similar to that of my club. Owners not willing to invest settling for sub-par transfers with a supposed wave of youth coming up but were just going to end up being a glorified feeder club to Bundesliga and Serie A clubs for the next couple of years unless somebody starts opening up their checkbook.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
WENGER get off your A**
Dude, be happy you guys at least show some sign of life in the transfer market..... Galliani said there's nothing being worked on except Kaka, but he's too expensive. Can anyone remind me why Milan wants Kaka back? Oh, he's oft-injured and getting on in age? Oh ok, NOW that makes sense, it is AC after all.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Dude, be happy you guys at least show some sign of life in the transfer market..... Galliani said there's nothing being worked on except Kaka, but he's too expensive. Can anyone remind me why Milan wants Kaka back? Oh, he's oft-injured and getting on in age? Oh ok, NOW that makes sense, it is AC after all.
Yea but at least you expect your club to do nothing.. We get oir hearts ripped out window after window

Old
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Yea but at least you expect your club to do nothing.. We get oir hearts ripped out window after window
That's your fault for expecting something when you should full well expect nothing in January from Arsenal. How often does Arsenal do anything in January? Arshavin is all I can think of in recent times.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
That's your fault for expecting something when you should full well expect nothing in January from Arsenal. How often does Arsenal do anything in January? Arshavin is all I can think of in recent times.
That's right, I should expect nothing less than transfer market failure from Milan and that's what I do

I mean, they sell Pato and will now rely on Pazzini due to reluctance to bring in replacement (=spend no money)

Old
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Southampton going to jack the Coutunho bid (Sky Sport Italia). Say they're willing to pay 12.

I will be bitter.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

On the LFC future, the talk is and has been that they needed to clean off the trash and then start from a solid base. Basically, add players once the foundation is set.

Not sure i completely buy it, but they did have some crap to clean out.

As for the kids, that will show down the road. Each has their faults, but many clubs want a few of them, so we shall see.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Jesus

I'd be more pumped about these Newcastle signings if the club wasn't so close to the bottom.

Then again, if the club wasn't in real danger of relegation then these signings would probably not be happening.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Going to be tuning in to all of the Newcastle games now. Very nice additions.

Also this is really starting to show the French league is getting up there. In like what... 5 years?(Maybe that's a stretch?) Maybe they'll be in the same realm as the Bundesliga. Pretty cool to see leagues getting better and better.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Also this is really starting to show the French league is getting up there. In like what... 5 years?(Maybe that's a stretch?) Maybe they'll be in the same realm as the Bundesliga. Pretty cool to see leagues getting better and better.
The French league has been the best exporting league for the last 10+ years. The reason the league itself will not be as good as the Bundesliga anymore (it was arguably better for a time) is quite simple. PSG aside, when an offer comes in for the best players in the league, they're leaving. It is mostly down to wages. The stadiums in Germany are much larger on average which allows them to put more money into their club and retain their best players.

Whereas players like Sissoko, M'Vila, Nene, Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy, Bastos, Remy all left or may leave this window.

Anyway, I think the transfers conducted this window in all leagues largely show the effect of money permeating through football. It is a little annoying to see players leave clubs in European competitions so that they can get paid more by clubs not in Europe. I mean, we have one of the best players on a club that should be a big one in Europe, in the last 16 of the CL talking about leaving Celtic for Norwich City. Come on.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
when your manager comes out and says we have a mystery offer for around 30 MILL, i expect something...

Old
01-23-2013, 12:00 AM
mightyquack
Boll 2 hit superstar

Maybe he bid 30m for Messi, that's one player you wouldn't get for 30m

Old
01-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Going to be tuning in to all of the Newcastle games now. Very nice additions.

L1 is going to the sink over the last 5 years.
They're always having some good/great youngsters, but the quality and depth has gone bad.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Edo
The Mightiest Club

Barcelona have been following Miralem Pjanic around for a little bit now. Via goal.com.

I guess I'll have to find a new favourite player if that transfer goes through.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:31 AM
GB

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
when your manager comes out and says we have a mystery offer for around 30 MILL, i expect something...
Did Wenger actually say that he'd made a 30m bid for anyone?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:35 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Yes he did say $30million but was misquoted that he was interested in adding to the squad. What he meant to say was that he was dropping $30million dollars on a love nest for a player in the squad he is interested in making a lifetime with. Abou Diaby.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:02 AM
Evilo

PSG's Lugano loaned to Malaga without option to buy. That guy has been an awful football player since signing with PSG.

Closed Thread