Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 08:26 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
We have three world class central defenders and too many midfielders already...just ask Wenger. Adding strength and steel and dependability to the heart of our defense is a priority? You must be having a laugh.

Seriously though...I knew this would happen. Right before the window closes we'd crush West Ham and probably beat Liverpool and Wenger will tell everyone how amazing the squad is and why would we want to change anything? Time to start our inevitable run for the 4th place trophy. It's what we do best.
When I watched yesterdays game, the play-by-play announcer said that there was alot of empty seats, more then he's ever seen in a long long while.

I was also hoping to get blown out against West Ham, after they scored that 1st goal, so that upper management can finally realise that we've had enough of this "let's play for CL spot and get our ***** kicked while earning profits and not spending a dime of it", mentality.

If the club does nothing, I'll be beyond shocked. We are looking at one of our worst starts in ages and the future doesn't look all that bright if we stay status quo. I would give up a leg or a arm to land a stud defender cause everytime there's a ****ing set piece, my heart rate goes threw the roof. I've never seen a team who defends so porely on set pieces in my entire life. It just seems that the opposition will score once every 3 attempts.

Offensive players isn't what we're lacking atm, it's someone like M'Vila who would solidify the middle of the pitch and a stud CB (Hummels) who'll take over for Mertesacker.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

Llorente to Juventus in summer is now official.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
cgf

Why would Hummels want to go to Arsenal? If he ever leaves for England Chelsea and United would offer a better chance to win titles while paying him more. That said, now that Subotic has re-signed, Lewa is the only Dortmund player who I think actually leaves in the next couple of years.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Why would Hummels want to go to Arsenal? If he ever leaves for England Chelsea and United would offer a better chance to win titles while paying him more. That said, now that Subotic has re-signed, Lewa is the only Dortmund player who I think actually leaves in the next couple of years.
I'm not saying we're landing Hummels... just that we should target someone of that skillset.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
I picked this off of bigsoccer Arsenal forum and I think it hits the nail on the head for a lot of what is going on or in this case not going on at Arsenal Been saying the same thing for years, ever since I heard of this nonsense "coach for life." Arsenal are no longer a club its a personal fiefdom.

Post from BigSoccer Arsenal board. Posted by deaner1971 all credit goes to deaner1971.

I think I understand why Wenger will never buy. It isn't money. It is Wenger's myopic loyalty to these players. His interview about how he couldn't sign anyone for fear of "killing Djourou" isn't really properly focused on.

He sold RvP to ManU because it is what the player wanted. The Board was not the issue, the player was. And Wenger sided with his player.

Same with Henry, Nasri and Cesc. They stated where they wanted to go and Wenger made it happen.

It is why Diaby gets chance after chance and no one is signed to replace him. It is why no signings are ever made to challenge and possibly displace one of Arsene's boys.

That is why every ex-player loves the guy. Why shouldn't they? He puts them above the club at the final reckoning. He is doing it again by acting as none of the players he could buy are better than what we have. He can say that with a straight face because of his ridiculous assessment of these players.

Arsene has become one of those officers who gets too close to his men and can longer effectively lead the unit in combat for fear of losing any single solider.

His loyalty was an asset back when it was reciprocated. But that was long, long ago and he will not or cannot adjust.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
I picked this off of bigsoccer Arsenal forum and I think it hits the nail on the head for a lot of what is going on or in this case not going on at Arsenal Been saying the same thing for years, ever since I heard of this nonsense "coach for life." Arsenal are no longer a club its a personal fiefdom.

Post from BigSoccer Arsenal board. Posted by deaner1971 all credit goes to deaner1971.

I think I understand why Wenger will never buy. It isn't money. It is Wenger's myopic loyalty to these players. His interview about how he couldn't sign anyone for fear of "killing Djourou" isn't really properly focused on.

He sold RvP to ManU because it is what the player wanted. The Board was not the issue, the player was. And Wenger sided with his player.

Same with Henry, Nasri and Cesc. They stated where they wanted to go and Wenger made it happen.

It is why Diaby gets chance after chance and no one is signed to replace him. It is why no signings are ever made to challenge and possibly displace one of Arsene's boys.

That is why every ex-player loves the guy. Why shouldn't they? He puts them above the club at the final reckoning. He is doing it again by acting as none of the players he could buy are better than what we have. He can say that with a straight face because of his ridiculous assessment of these players.

Arsene has become one of those officers who gets too close to his men and can longer effectively lead the unit in combat for fear of losing any single solider.

His loyalty was an asset back when it was reciprocated. But that was long, long ago and he will not or cannot adjust.
It makes sense... but shouldn't the board do something about it, if they see this kind of nonsense go on and on and on? Don't they care that their fanbase is about to head into a rebelious mode if they keep sliding like we've seen them slide for the past 5+ years now?

I personnaly think that both parties are at fault here. Wenger for being to loyal to his player to the downfall of the overall team and the board not doing anything to make it stop, while cashing in all the cash that's being thrown their way when transfering our top players.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post

Wow, that's a really good post and makes a lot of sense.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Stray Wasp

I seem to recall that a year or two ago, a player who'd left Arsenal claimed that Wenger's biggest problem lay in being too forgiving of his young players' mistakes.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Apparently Sissoko to Newcastle is complete. Man what an awesome window that team is having!

Old
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
It makes sense... but shouldn't the board do something about it, if they see this kind of nonsense go on and on and on? Don't they care that their fanbase is about to head into a rebelious mode if they keep sliding like we've seen them slide for the past 5+ years now?

I personnaly think that both parties are at fault here. Wenger for being to loyal to his player to the downfall of the overall team and the board not doing anything to make it stop, while cashing in all the cash that's being thrown their way when transfering our top players.
If you're the board, OF COURSE you're happy to sit back and rake in the cash. If you can make money while not spending any, why would you?

It is disappointing to think that might be accurate, but short of a change in manager I'm not sure what could happen there. Although if they don't make the Champions League this year and miss out on that money you have to think something would change.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Berat Sadik to FC Thun

http://www.fcthun.ch/index.php?secti...ils&newsid=462

Good move for him

Last edited by vsk92: 01-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Apparently Sissoko to Newcastle is complete. Man what an awesome window that team is having!
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Toulouse confirm Moussa Sissoko has left the club and is set to join Newcastle.

Hopefully the new signings have a good impact

Old
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Yeah Sissoko is official, as well as Gouffran, both for 2.5M€.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
BTW, Haidara confirmed he rejected Fiorentina, Roma and Milan to sign with Newcastle because he wanted to play in the EPL.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

If these signings work out in the short and long term (they need to perform better this year too), it is definitely a very good window. They'll need to adjust to the EPL and fast. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Chelsea need to do exactly what Newcastle did this transfer window. A CB, a central midfielder and a striker. Except with a little more...quality. They got Ba already, now for a solid CB and holding midfielder with playmaking ability. I doubt it happens though.

If anything they'll be sellers this window with Malouda leaving (what a ****ing leech) and maybe Marin leaving on loan.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:22 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Nouveau chateau Unis.

Me learn France speak must now.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
If these signings work out in the short and long term (they need to perform better this year too), it is definitely a very good window. They'll need to adjust to the EPL and fast. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Chelsea need to do exactly what Newcastle did this transfer window. A CB, a central midfielder and a striker. Except with a little more...quality. They got Ba already, now for a solid CB and holding midfielder with playmaking ability. I doubt it happens though.

If anything they'll be sellers this window with Malouda leaving (what a ****ing leech) and maybe Marin leaving on loan.
Hey I've been reading a lot fo the spanish sites about Isco and Piazon and what they mean to Malaga and Chelsea. Would you do a Cash plus Piazon deal for Isco? I don't really know much about Piazon.

I also realize Isco isn't what we need, but if we can get a player of that class, do you really turn it down?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I agree with the over loyal statement. But remember that this is valid for both parties. Players like Fabregas. AW had no reason to be overly faithful in Cesc, but it payed dividends. Cesc isn't the best example, but I hope you get what I mean. You tough it out with a player, once in a while you will get him to be the superstar you viewed him as. (Henry in Juve vs Henry at Arsenal). Unfortunately, with this method, you get more busts than home runs. The most recent example is Gervinho. He's a bike with no breaks going down hill, but if he can find a way to put some breaks on himself, AWs Stubborn/loyal wait might pay dividends.

He also recently admitted his admiration for German players as well, who are very loyal people and players for the most part

Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
7 days wenger!

Old
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Foppa

So what is Newcastle's French haul officially at right now?

- Mbiwa (8.31)
- Debuchy (6.44)
- Sissoko (2.60)
- Haidara (2.60)
- Gouffran (2.08)

That's crazy. I'm not saying it's all going to work out for them but it's impressive on paper...

Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hey I've been reading a lot fo the spanish sites about Isco and Piazon and what they mean to Malaga and Chelsea. Would you do a Cash plus Piazon deal for Isco? I don't really know much about Piazon.

I also realize Isco isn't what we need, but if we can get a player of that class, do you really turn it down?
As far as I know, they sent Piazon to Malaga to gain first-team experience. If there is a future deal involving Isco, yes, I would be very interested in one of the most highly rated youngsters in Spain.

But you can't rule out Piazon as a centerpiece for Chelsea in the future. The comparisons to Kaka are not baseless. He's not a flashy player, but very effective and versatile. He's a year younger than Isco too.

If it takes Piazon+cash to land Isco, of course I'd consider it. But right now Piazon is our top prospect along with De Bruyne and Courtois IMO. I don't count Oscar and co. as prospects. They are already in the team.

But as of right now, I want them to go out and find a solid CB and holding midfielder. I've heard rumors of de Vrij. Haven't seen too much of him, but he was awful against Belgium a few months ago. I'd like to have a holding midfielder like Fernandinho from Shakhtar. Box-to-box and great playmaker.

I'm excited to see what guys like Chalobah, Bruma, Piazon, De Bruyne, Courtois, Lukaku and McEachran can do for this team in the future.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
He also recently admitted his admiration for German players as well, who are very loyal people and players for the most part
Yes please. More Germans please. I love Podolski.

Actually can we just have Dortmund's team?

Old
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
So what is Newcastle's French haul officially at right now?

- Mbiwa (8.31)
- Debuchy (6.44)
- Sissoko (2.60)
- Haidara (2.60)
- Gouffran (2.08)

That's crazy. I'm not saying it's all going to work out for them but it's impressive on paper...
18.6M GBP

or roughly 1/2Carroll

Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Theon
We are Groot

Stuttgart has signed United striker Kiko Macheda on loan with an option to sign at the end of the season (ESPN)

Good move for Kiko. Always liked the guy but he was way down the depth chart at United and wasn't going to see any playing time soon. He's a solid finisher but his all-around game needs some improvement. But I can see him succeeding in Germany just like Diouf.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

With Casillas out for awhile I would expect Perez to make a move for someone, with Mourinho playing no role in the transfer proceedings.

Closed Thread