Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Beckham is training with Arsenal.
I swear to god, if Wenger's only addition is a washed up Beckham, I'll fly to London and ***** slap Arsène so hard, his freaking zipper problems will be the last of his worries.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Schalkenullvier*

they have a buy option in 2013 and 2014. I personally hope they let him go in '14.

edit: option rumoured to be in the 8m € range

Old
01-29-2013, 12:58 PM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I swear to god, if Wenger's only addition is a washed up Beckham, I'll fly to London and ***** slap Arsène so hard, his freaking zipper problems will be the last of his worries.
He's not signing with us. If you knew even a percentage of the history, you'd know Beckham often trains with the team during the off seasons as his main home is fairly near the training ground.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I know Wenger and others act like we ought to run this morally-centered club in a morrally-corrupt world (shhh...don't even think about bringing up snatching foreign teenagers).
It's called sustainable, nothing to do with morality.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
So happy that Super Mario is now with i Rossoneri.

It's just pain.
Old
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Great for Balotelli! Finally get to see what this guy can do on a consistent basis in the city he loves. Will be tuning in to watch him with El Shaarawy!

I think he's going to make the price tag look like a steal for Milan.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
He's not signing with us. If you knew even a percentage of the history, you'd know Beckham often trains with the team during the off seasons as his main home is fairly near the training ground.
Thanks for your input history buff... but the reason I posted what I did is that there's a rumour that we might try to sway him to sign with us and that's not something I'd want.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Thanks for your input history buff... but the reason I posted what I did is that there's a rumour that we might try to sway him to sign with us and that's not something I'd want.
And again if you knew the history of it, you'd have know these rumors crop up season on season since he went to LA and started training with us on the off season. Wenger has said before that the chance of Beckham having a role at the club has come and gone, although he is always a exact professional and having him train can only be good for the youngsters.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Edo
The Mightiest Club

How Balotelli can still get 20 million after doing nothing of note while at Manchester City is crazy. You'd think that everything he has done would drop his value.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:41 PM
SenorDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
How Balotelli can still get 20 million after doing nothing of note while at Manchester City is crazy. You'd think that everything he has done would drop his value.
He is 22 years old and his potential is still huge.

He has been a Rossoneri fan since the start. He once wore AC Milan socks into the Inter Milan dressing room while he was there.

He's now joined the team he's always wanted to be on and Milan has a great history of doing well with high profile personalities. I could see Balotelli doing incredibly well.

Not to mention, Balotelli - El Sharaaway will not only be Milans strike force but most likely the Italian National team strike force for years as well.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Power Man
Grrrr

Quote:

Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
cgf
Fire Bednar

I think the move could pay off huge for Milan and launch them back into a CL place, but it is a steep price.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
SenorDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Haha. Galliani is a master at low balling price negotiations.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Because he's only 22 and he did this at the Euros:

Personally I can't stand him either.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Plato

vCash: 1300
Looking forward to see Fer in action in the Prem.
Still need a RW'er though..

Old
01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Ceremony
If not now when

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Leroy Fer Twente -> Everton for £8,5 mil

Contract is not completed yet though

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...28/deal-agreed
Leroy Fer won awards for best European defender in Football Manager 2007 (after I tried and failed to sign him, sadly). He'll be fine.

01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
And again if you knew the history of it, you'd have know these rumors crop up season on season since he went to LA and started training with us on the off season. Wenger has said before that the chance of Beckham having a role at the club has come and gone, although he is always a exact professional and having him train can only be good for the youngsters.
Look professeur, I just commented on a rumour, end of story. Believing Wenger is the last thing I'll do since we all know that he's been blowing smoke up everyone's ass for the past decade and his word doesn't mean anything IMO.

Am I saying we'll ink Beckham, no. Just saying that I don't want him here if the rumours are true... If being the key word here.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Leroy Fer Twente -> Everton for £8,5 mil

Contract is not completed yet though

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...28/deal-agreed
Knee problem came up on his medical. Deal is off for now, and probably will stay off. Everton are now trying to pay far less.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Evilo

Mohamed Sissoko from PSG to Fiorentina (3.5M€ loan + option to buy) and Rat from Shaktar to OM (released by Shaktar).

Old
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Franck
En enda känsla...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
I'd still rather see Balotelli in PSG. He has a ton of respect for Zlatan, and I do not think he'd dare be a troublemaker in a team with him. Zlatan could be the perfect mentor for him.
Like others have said already, Milan is the team Balotelli wants to play for. If he doesn't make it there he's not going to make it anywhere.

And Balotelli doesn't respect anyone. He lives in his own world.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Ugh, Newcastle hasnt signed anyone...did France disappear or something?

Old
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Edo
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Because he's only 22 and he did this at the Euros:

Personally I can't stand him either.
Worst play of the Euro's went to Balotelli when he had a breakaway against Spain and let Ramos or whoever was that catch up to him after Mario slowed down for no apparent reason. The football media drives me up the wall. Balotelli wasn't even the best Mario in the Euro's. Mandzukic was better.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Worst play of the Euro's went to Balotelli when he had a breakaway against Spain and let Ramos or whoever was that catch up to him after Mario slowed down for no apparent reason. The football media drives me up the wall. Balotelli wasn't even the best Mario in the Euro's. Mandzukic was better.
Yeah, that game against Germany that Balotelli had never happened. That was one of the best big game performances by any striker in years, so sorry, I totally disagree.

It's easy to see why anyone would pay 20m for Balotelli. He has the potential to be the best striker in the world. He's probably not going to be, but on his best day he is completely unplayable, there's not a defender who could handle him on that day. At 22 years old it's hard to understand why he's not worth 20m. Also he is finally going to be a regular starter which hasn't happened for him before. Maybe that'll help his attitude slow down some.

Also, this deal is once again one of those Galliani screw the other team over deals. They pay City 4m per year for 6 years. That's a deal that can't be passed up. They don't even pay City a dime until June.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM
cgf
Fire Bednar

Honestly I feel like Mario's euro performance gets over-rated. In that game he was clinical on those two goals with his finishing, but those goals came about because of our terrible organization and pathetic attempts to neutralize Pirlo. If our D had their heads out of their ***** those passes would've never found Mario with so much room to run. All credit for taking advantage but those weren't wonder goals or a dominant performance by Balotelli.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 100
I agree, Mario's Euro was pretty overrated, but his 3 goals were all nice ones to his credit. People remember the Germany game but what about the lazy breakaway against Spain where he was literally walking towards goal and against Croatia he was average minus some shots from long range. Against England he did well, cooly converted his penalty but in normal time he missed some chances

Overall, I think leaving Man City is the best for him, he has the talent and hopefully for his sake at Milan he will play and concentrate more on his game, would hate to see him throw away potential

Closed Thread