Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Yeah, that's what I saw. Would make Anzhi really dangerous with a Eto'o, Traore and Willian front line with Boussoufa, Smolov and Zhirokov also to throw in attack, and their grinding defensive style of play. That's the type of move that could win them the RPL, especially if Zenit hasn't gelled over the winter break.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
HajdukSplit

They might lose Samba, QPR put in a bid for him as he has a release clause in his contract.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
awesomo
HARD!

man balotelli is such a beast of a man

Old
01-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Middlesbrough agreed a fee with Swansea for Danny Graham, but I can't see why he'd go there.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 AM
Evilo

- Tottenham has proposed a loan to Lyon for Lisandro, but Lyon wants a transfer or nothing. So right now they're negociating.
- Alou Diarra is loaned to Rennes without option to buy.
- St Etienne wants Bodmer from PSG.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Evilo

Psg to sign Beckham today.
Lille has turned down two offers around 12m for Lucas Digne from ManU and Chelsea.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:30 AM
villevalo

Gibbs injury forces our hand somewhat, need to find something, at least short term today.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:31 AM
Valverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Lille has turned down two offers around 12m for Lucas Digne from ManU and Chelsea.
Wow. Haven't seen that anywhere, but it would be incredible to sign him, great replacement for an aging Evra.

What do you reckon, how probable is it?

Old
01-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Evilo

Very probable Digne would be interested, but doubtful Lille lets him go except if ManU pays a HUGE price.
19 year old, probably the best LB prospect in the game. 12M€ ain't going to cut it.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:06 AM
HajdukSplit

Samba to QPR is official, 12.5 million

Fulham sign Emmanuelson on loan from Milan

Old
01-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Evilo

Daniel Pacheco loaned to Huesca.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
Gibbs injury forces our hand somewhat, need to find something, at least short term today.
Gaetan Bong's name seems to be floating around twitter at the moment.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:46 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Beckham headed to PSG? Very interesting move.

Can someone explain to me why Odemwingie would want to leave West Brom for QPR? I sometimes don't understand why players want to go to worse performing clubs. Is it purely wages?

Lazio defender Mobido Diakite says Liverpool is his first choice and it looks like he will leave the club in the summer. I know we were connected to him throughout the window. Also, looks like Ince won't get done.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...r-move?cc=5901

Old
01-31-2013, 08:36 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror
Wenger claims he cannot find players who are available in January to improve this squad.

: laugh:

If Wenger doesn't get us a ****ing left back before the window closes, he should be sacked right then and there... period. Gibbs is made out of glass and our best option after that is Andrei Santos, seriously?

And for those who were saying that our defense wasn't/isn't a issue, you aren't watching the same matches I am. Henderson beating 4 defenders by himself to put Liverpool up by 2? Mertesacker and Santos on the field at the same time?

This team just doesn't know who to cover when they don't have the ball and don't get me going on set pieces, please. We are the Washington Capitals of the EPL, meaning that we know how to generate offense but we don't have the slightess clue what to do when the opposition is coming our way.

If we are stuck with the same roster come saturday, I hope we nose dive so hard that we won't have a choice but to fire Wenger. We need a shakeup and there's no better way to shake things up then by bringing in someone else who has a different mindset.

We have the money, it was confirmed by our board, wasn't it? If that's the case, wich I think is, it's Wenger own stuborness that's putting us behind the 8 ball here and no one else. I just don't see why the board would say publicly that we have 60M to work with if it isn't true. That would be throwing Wenger under the bus and just add more fuel to the fire that is a angry fan base who's desperatly waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:39 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
messi, ronaldo, toure, falcao, lahm

CMON wenger!! you got 1 full day

Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post

We all know that we're not getting anyone who's remotly close to the players you've listed but there has to be some kind of "in between" when talking about Lahm and Santos.

Getting a better player then Santos isn't all that difficult to do and find. He has to be one of the worst defenders out of everyone in the EPL.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
We all know that we're not getting anyone who's remotly close to the players you've listed but there has to be some kind of "in between" when talking about Lahm and Santos.

Getting a better player then Santos isn't all that difficult to do and find. He has to be one of the worst defenders out of everyone in the EPL.
I feel like part of the problem is that we are totally and completely unprepared for this day. Apparently Wenger made some quip yesterday that he needs the transfer deadline extended a week to do business.

I do think now that Gibbs is hurt, they for sure are working on a defensive player to add today but now it seems totally rushed and out of the blue...as if any casual observer couldn't have identified this teams weaknesses and lack of depedendable defensive depth MONTHS ago.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post

Deluded if you think you'd get any of them.

Should be looking for players that are out of favour somewhere but talented, like Michel Bastos was at Lyon.

I doubt Arsenal to sign anyone though.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

He looks ecstatic.

On topic, Pukki is not moving anywhere. Asking price was too high.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
You do know that we Gunners fans are kidding with these wishlists right? I think #1 on everyone's list would be some ambition removal of the Arsene knows best mentality at the club!

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
You do know that we Gunners fans are kidding with these wishlists right? I think #1 on everyone's list would be some ambition removal of the Arsene knows best mentality at the club!
You can never tell with some people though.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I feel like part of the problem is that we are totally and completely unprepared for this day. Apparently Wenger made some quip yesterday that he needs the transfer deadline extended a week to do business.

I do think now that Gibbs is hurt, they for sure are working on a defensive player to add today but now it seems totally rushed and out of the blue...as if any casual observer couldn't have identified this teams weaknesses and lack of depedendable defensive depth MONTHS ago.
And that's why he should be let go. He's done wonders for this team over the years but the little light bulb in his head is blinking and it's two seconds away from being completely shut off.

We have no depth whatsoever on our backline, especially the left back position. What's Gibbs's record when it comes to consecutive games played before going down with a severe injury... like 10 or something? Who do we have that can step in if one of our CB's goes down, rugby tackling Koscielny and Squillaci?

This idiot can't even see on his own that we're a complete trainwreck on defense and has the balls to say that there's nothing better on the market then Andrei ****ing Santos?

If he's too busy coaching and doesn't have the time to analyse outside talent to bolster our squad, then give the job to someone who can cause when you come up with comments like "there's nothing out there that will make our club better" and you have Santos to cover for Gibbs... it's cleary a sign that you aren't doing your job properly.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
lol @ people who thought i was serious with those players

Old
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Evilo

Mbiwa, Sissoko. Total spent : 10M€.

Those 10M€ would have done wonders for Arsenal.
Or even better, Mbiwa+M'Vila, total 20M€.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Mbiwa, Sissoko. Total spent : 10M.

Those 10M would have done wonders for Arsenal.
Or even better, Mbiwa+M'Vila, total 20M.
I think this is what has me (as a relative newcomer to following football) so confused. If it's apparent to me that this team needed help defensively and in the midfield, how does Arsenal management, be it Wenger or whoever, not see this? And if they are supposedly such a big club, how can they not go out and spend a bit to help out here? Isn't 10 million Euros what they spent on Park just 2 seasons ago?

Maybe I'm missing something. Someone above suggested that Wenger should focus on coaching and give someone else the job of handling transfers. Is it common to have a coach/GM model like we see in most North American sports in European soccer? It didn't seem that way to my newbie eyes, but I'm all for being enlightened.

Closed Thread