Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Stray Wasp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Holy ****. Klopp vs Guardiola will be insane. Hope this elevates the Bundesliga even more.

Seriously though... FC Hollywood? Why?
Bayern go through a lot of coaches, but the great majority receive at least eighteen months to show what they can do. Ottmar Hitzfeld was forgiven no less than two failures to win the European Cup before he clinched it in 2001. Consider by comparison the number of coaches that Chelsea and Man City have thrown out after less than a full season.

Compared to Bayern, Arsenal and Spurs are small beer. Foreign coaches often have a hard time in Italy and the only way to depose Ferguson at Old Trafford would involve the judicious use of semtex. (Moreover, to follow Ferguson will be a tough job for numerous reasons). That leaves few enticing options.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Makes zero sense to me.
Why go to a perennial BL winner and CL contender?

If he wanted the money he would have signed with City.
If he wanted a CL contender, he would have signed with Chelsea or United.
If he wanted a challenge he would have signed with PSG.

He took the easy route here (great chance to win the league, decent chance to win the CL). With only Dortmund to beat to win the league. And it's not like any football fan would support Bayern over Dortmund. Bayern deserves its nickname : FC Hollywood. They're really the Real Madrid of Bundesliga.

I don't understand that choice.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Makes zero sense to me.

He took the easy route here (great chance to win the league, decent chance to win the CL). With only Dortmund to beat to win the league. And it's not like any football fan would support Bayern over Dortmund. Bayern deserves its nickname : FC Hollywood. They're really the Real Madrid of Bundesliga.

I don't understand that choice.
Couldn't have sait it better myself. Why take another easy route? Then again, it's what he wants so no harm done. Whatever makes ya happy.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Guardiola has repeatedly stated in the past that he wishes to be a coach, not an English-style manager. FC Bayern is the perfect place for him with that in mind. Uli Hoeneß will continue to pull all the strings while Pep can focus on coaching his team.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Holy ****. Klopp vs Guardiola will be insane. Hope this elevates the Bundesliga even more.

Seriously though... FC Hollywood? Why?
Jupp's gunna retire sooner or later and Pep is perfect for the talent they've assembled.

For Pep it's a new challenge that fits what he wants to do perfectly. With him as coach they'll challenge for the CL and BL every year. Citeh's not built for his style of play at all, Chelsea go through coaches like crazy and aren't as good as Bayern, PSG comes with a less competitive league and lesser chance of winning the CL, Juve have their coach and Milan is a mess, Bayern are just the best fit for what pep likes to do, both on and off the pitch, with a great chance at success it's a sweet gig.

Last edited by cgf: 01-16-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Omnomnomnom

You guys are missing the big picture. He's gunning for the German national team job. Bayern is just going to be the waiting room...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnomnom View Post
You guys are missing the big picture. He's gunning for the German national team job. Bayern is just going to be the waiting room...
That's just mean to say. I know Pep, Mou or Klopp will never coach the NT, but god damn would it be so amazing if they did.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Just this morning I watch an interview of him saying he wants to manage in England and now he goes and signs with Bayern?

Oh well, Mourinho it is then.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
With him as coach they'll challenge for the CL and BL every year.
Without him, they already did.

Quote:
Citeh's not built for his style of play at all,
Silva? Nasri? Touré? Heck, yeah he has the personnel he wants to build the team as Barca part II. MUCH more than Bayern's roster.

Quote:
Chelsea go through coaches like crazy and aren't as good as Bayern,
They sticked with Mourino for a long time. And Chelsea being a weaker team than Bayern? I don't think so. Remind me who won the CL?

Quote:
PSG comes with a less competitive league and lesser chance of winning the CL
I'm not sure about the lesser chance to win the CL (in the very short future). With unlimited funds, that won't last very long.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Omnomnomnom

Quote:
That's just mean to say. I know Pep, Mou or Klopp will never coach the NT, but god damn would it be so amazing if they did.
As much as I was joking, I think it would be amazing as well if it were to actually happen. Of course it won't, but one can dream, right?

Old
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
cgf

Quote:
Without him, they already did.

Silva? Nasri? Touré? Heck, yeah he has the personnel he wants to build the team as Barca part II. MUCH more than Bayern's roster.

They sticked with Mourino for a long time. And Chelsea being a weaker team than Bayern? I don't think so. Remind me who won the CL?

I'm not sure about the lesser chance to win the CL (in the very short future). With unlimited funds, that won't last very long.
Yeah, but they haven't gotten over the hump and won the CL, and are just this year re-conquering the BL.

Citeh do have Silva who'd be great, and Yaya who'd adapt cause he's awesome, but bayern are already playing a very similar style of play with more players who fit the style.

And Chelsea have also burned through some other very good coaches, it's a much more unstable job, plus they won the CL last year on the back some epic deep defending and Drogba, this year they're a completely different team, while bayern only look better than last year with the extra awesome depth they've added.

And PSG is absolutely less likely to win the CL than Bayern, their squad's inferior, less proven and they're not going to outspend Bayern by all that much.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:45 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
Quote:
I think Klopp does want to coach Germany one day, but like Mourinho will wait until he gets older...at least thats what he told the Croatian media in an interview

Old
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Now, that's exciting news. Sorry to hear Jupp calls it quits, but it looks like he's on his way to have a fantastic ending to an outstanding managing career. Having the chance to replace him with Pep is fantastic. I always thought Bayern would make sense on multiple levels for him and what he was looking for, but realism still forced me to think a PL option would have to be more likely. Especially happy to see this illustrating the increasing attractiveness of the Bundesliga to even the biggest names in the business.

Quote:
Makes zero sense to me.
Because they are, indeed, a CL contender. Why wouldn't that be a positive?
Because it's one of the best-lead clubs in football, and has no sugar daddy.
Because they have a fantastic youth programm that can allow for a long-term build.
Because it's a fantastic city to live in.
Because the attractiveness of the Bundesliga and German football has been rising constantly.
There's certainly more. If someone can't make sense of this, he's trying very hard to not see it.

Quote:
Because he's got a combination of all these things at Bayern? He'll get good money. He'll be able to contend in the CL. And it will be a challenge to win just that. How the hell would throwing billions at players be a challenge with PSG? Sure, build something, but out of what? Some oil money? That's not everyone's definition of an attractive challenge.

Quote:
And it's not like any football fan would support Bayern over Dortmund.
Ridiculous. You may choose your club for one reason or another, most don't. I didn't, either. No idea where that kind of crap is coming from.

Quote:
They're really the Real Madrid of Bundesliga.
You obviously know nothing (or ignore everything) about the club, other than its mere standing in the Bundesliga. Because there's so very little that's even remotely similar between us and Real.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
How does that remotely translate to what happens on the pitch? Bayern beat them handily last year, in Bayern's "off" year, and Citeh's strong one. This year, they got handled by Dortmund, who haven't been able to beat Bayern this season, either.

Quote:
Really? So, them winning on penalties is more meaningful than them already being out of the running? That's amazing.

Quote:
Sounds like a super-fun challenge. We'll see how long it does take them. And I'll be sure to greatly applaud them on an entirely bought and incredibly predictable title that could hardly mean any less coming that way.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
XO

vCash: 50
Man Uniteds head scout Martin Ferguson will be at Bacelona - Malaga tonight, probably mainly to watch Isco (or Thiago, if he's playing?) so I'm hoping he have a huge game.. I'd much rather have Isco than Zaha who I find very overrated to be honest.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Evilo

Quote:
And PSG is absolutely less likely to win the CL than Bayern, their squad's inferior, less proven and they're not going to outspend Bayern by all that much.
Right now, yeah no doubt, but very soon, nope.

And yes obviously, PSG will outspend Bayern. Heck, they've outspent everyone since the qataris took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Now, that's exciting news. Sorry to hear Jupp calls it quits, but it looks like he's on his way to have a fantastic ending to an outstanding managing career. Having the chance to replace him with Pep is fantastic. I always thought Bayern would make sense on multiple levels for him and what he was looking for, but realism still forced me to think a PL option would have to be more likely. Especially happy to see this illustrating the increasing attractiveness of the Bundesliga to even the biggest names in the business.

Because they are, indeed, a CL contender. Why wouldn't that be a positive?
Because it's one of the best-lead clubs in football, and has no sugar daddy.
Because they have a fantastic youth programm that can allow for a long-term build.
Because it's a fantastic city to live in.
Because the attractiveness of the Bundesliga and German football has been rising constantly.
There's certainly more. If someone can't make sense of this, he's trying very hard to not see it.

Because he's got a combination of all these things at Bayern? He'll get good money. He'll be able to contend in the CL. And it will be a challenge to win just that. How the hell would throwing billions at players be a challenge with PSG? Sure, build something, but out of what? Some oil money? That's not everyone's definition of an attractive challenge.

Ridiculous. You may choose your club for one reason or another, most don't. I didn't, either. No idea where that kind of crap is coming from.

You obviously know nothing (or ignore everything) about the club, other than its mere standing in the Bundesliga. Because there's so very little that's even remotely similar between us and Real.
You can mastrubate all you want over Bayern and call others ignorant, but facts are :
1- EPL is still a superior league. And a MUCH harder league to win than the BL with Bayern.
2- Yes Real and Bayern are very similar : poach good players out of other teams, constant Hollywood surrounding, officials that can't shut up and talk about everyone and everything.

And Munich is a better city to live in than Paris, Rome or London?
I like Munich, but stop embarassing yourself here.

And yes Chelsea beating Bayern in the CL final sure proves that Bayern is not "a superior team' than Chelsea.

So winning with PSG is buying the title, but winning with Bayern isn't?
OK....

Old
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
cgf

Bayern have "poached" The Marios, Luis Gustavo, Dante and Neuer for other german teams. Ribery, Robben, Kroos, Schweini, Mueller, Lahm, Bads, Boateng, Alaba and Shaqiri have all come from their academy or over seas.

And while the EPL may be tougher to win for a non-Manchester team, than the BL for Bayern, the EPL's getting out performed in europe by the BL, and the difference before the two leagues just might actually not be as big as the english media likes to pretend it is.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
And yes Chelsea beating Bayern in the CL final sure proves that Bayern is not "a superior team' than Chelsea.
How'd Chelsea do this year?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Bayern have "poached" The Marios, Luis Gustavo, Dante and Neuer for other german teams. Ribery, Robben, Kroos, Schweini, Mueller, Lahm, Bads, Boateng, Alaba and Shaqiri have all come from their academy or over seas.
Don't rank transfered players from other countries (not overseas ) with academy players.
Bayern have a history of signing the best players from other german teams.
I'm sure even the most stubborn fans will agree with this.

Quote:
And while the EPL may be tougher to win for a non-Manchester team, than the BL for Bayern, the EPL's getting out performed in europe by the BL, and the difference before the two leagues just might actually not be as big as the english media likes to pretend it is.
The point is that the EPL is a better league and a tougher league to win than the german league, especially with Bayern.
Do you dispute that point?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
How'd Chelsea do this year?
So it takes 4 months to make a statement?

Well, if so, I'd say Chelsea's young players is the most exciting group of any team in the world. The future is theirs.

Please note I'm absolutely NOT a Chelsea fan.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
You can mastrubate all you want over Bayern and call others ignorant, but facts are :

1- EPL is still a superior league. And a MUCH harder league to win than the BL with Bayern.
Well, statistically over the last three years, that's wrong. But good fact, nonetheless. I don't even have a problem with that feeling (although it's more of a impression than a fact, currently). It's just not very important in all this.

Quote:
2- Yes Real and Bayern are very similar : poach good players out of other teams, constant Hollywood surrounding, officials that can't shut up and talk about everyone and everything.
You just keep proving you have no idea what you're talking about. You have that old "FC Hollywood" nickname, and that's what you go by. Even the German press didn't feel like using it much over the last few years, because it seemed so off. Bayern makes transfers, just like any other club. "Poaching" actually fits our deals a lot less than what PSG does, but who cares. Our officials are outspoken, and voice their opinion. They have principles. They have earned the right to speak their mind, and the international football community tends to respect that.

Quote:
And Munich is a better city to live in than Paris, Rome or London?
I like Munich, but stop embarassing yourself here.
Well, point to me where I said it's better. But, yeah, I'd say it's better than London. Very different style, though. How does Rome matter? I simply stated that Munich is one of the finest cities to be home to one of the teams that make sense for a coach like Pep. You really can't spin that any way to make that statement even remotely questionable.

Quote:
What does Chelsea being out of this year's competition prove? Non-admissable evidence, huh?

Quote:
So winning with PSG is buying the title, but winning with Bayern isn't?
OK....
Right now, that's exactly what it is. If you don't understand the difference, that's rough. But yeah, there's a huge difference between putting together a well-run club that generates money on its own while being owned by its members, as it has been since it was created, which is due to its own work able to spend €40M+ every other year, and a club that has done nothing but sell itself and now gets to spend ten times that. There's no achievement in that, whatsoever. People with principles see that difference. Thankfully, that's the norm.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
cgf

Quote:
Don't rank transfered players from other countries (not overseas ) with academy players.
Bayern have a history of signing the best players from other german teams.
I'm sure even the most stubborn fans will agree with this.

The point is that the EPL is a better league and a tougher league to win than the german league, especially with Bayern.
Do you dispute that point?
But looking at the current teams Bayern have not poached BL teams all that much, especially when Dortmund have "poached" 3 of their top 5 players, Hummels, Reus and Gundogan, from BL clubs, and Leverkusen are in second thanks to poaching Wollscheid, Leno, Schurrle and Lars Bender. Bayern have a couple foreign imports, a couple BL players and a lot of their own players, Kroos, Mueller, Schweini, Lahm, Bads, Boateng and Alaba, just to name the starters. I'm no Bayern fan but they've done an admirable job using their academy to fill out a top class team.

As for the EPL v Bayern comparison I just don't think it's that drastic a difference, the EPL will go to the Manchester squads or Chelsea once they bring in Falcao and Fellaini, just like the BL will go to Bayern, Dortmund or a new riser, the difference isn't that big, and with the rise of Dortmund, Bayern may have the toughest direct competitor. Especially if Dortmund can continue to bolster their depth.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Well, statistically over the last three years, that's wrong. But good fact, nonetheless. I don't even have a problem with that feeling (although it's more of a impression than a fact, currently). It's just not very important in all this.
It is. Guardiola didn't make the choice to go to the toughest league with the toughest road to glory.

Weak.

Quote:
You just keep proving you have no idea what you're talking about. You have that old "FC Hollywood" nickname, and that's what you go by. Even the German press didn't feel like using it much over the last few years, because it seemed so off. Bayern makes transfers, just like any other club. "Poaching" actually fits our deals a lot less than what PSG does, but who cares. Our officials are outspoken, and voice their opinion. They have principles. They have earned the right to speak their mind, and the international football community tends to respect that.
Oh PSG is certainly Hollywood all right. No question. Marseille too BTW.
But it's still a club that has a history of unrest.
Bayern officials are a whiny committee that is directly responsible for the creation of the disaster that's called CL. They're frankly a bunch of guys I hate (as officials, they were great players).
But anyway, that's my pov on the matter, certainly not Guardiola.
In any case, they do hole a big responsability for their team being hated as it is.

Quote:
Well, point to me where I said it's better. But, yeah, I'd say it's better than London. Very different style, though. How does Rome matter? I simply stated that Munich is one of the finest cities to be home to one of the teams that make sense for a coach like Pep. You really can't spin that any way to make that statement even remotely questionable.
No it's not better than London.
The point was that Munich being a nice city is certainly not an argument when the competition was London, Paris, Milan (I'll give you Manchester ).
So that was certainly not something that went through Guardiola's mind. Heck, he left Barcelona, and let's not compare Barcelona with Munich.

Quote:
What does Chelsea being out of this year's competition prove? Non-admissable evidence, huh?
It proves nothing, since we don't even know if Bayern will go through next round. What if they fail? Going one more round proves they're better but losing the CL doesn't count?
Does OM beating Dortmund and kicking them out of the CL as BL champs mean it's undisputable evidence that the french 5th team is better than BL champs?

Quote:
Right now, that's exactly what it is. If you don't understand the difference, that's rough. But yeah, there's a huge difference between putting together a well-run club that generates money on its own while being owned by its members, as it has been since it was created, which is due to its own work able to spend €40M+ every other year, and a club that has done nothing but sell itself and now gets to spend ten times that. There's no achievement in that, whatsoever. People with principles see that difference. Thankfully, that's the norm.
No it's not a difference when you spend the money. Money has the same smell if it's qatari or german.
Guardiola chose a rich team, and it was obvious he would. Bayern is a rich team, Barca, United, City, Chelsea, PSG are rich teams.
Bayern is also buying its title because they're more powerful than others financially. It's quite simple.

Of course, everyone would rather have money from someone else than sugar daddies, but it doesn't change anything to the fact they're winning the league as heavy favourite because quite simply, they can buy themselves the Riberys, Robbens, etc...

Again, it disappoints me big time than he chooses a team like Bayern.
Regardless of the fact that I don't like Bayern, I expected him to sign with an EPL team to prove himself at the highest league level (or other high league with La Liga) and in any case the most competitive in terms of big teams.
Instead, he chose the easy way. What will he have in Munich that he didn't have in Barcelona? Nothing. It's a poor man's Barca.

I expect him to pick an EPL team to live up to the challenge of beating the best or perhaps pick an up and coming team (PSG) to build a team from head to toe.

Disappointing.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Omnomnomnom

Quote:
I don't like Bayern
This says it all.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Kamus

Quote:
It is. Guardiola didn't make the choice to go to the toughest league with the toughest road to glory.
Disappointing.
I really don't understand what you're arguing.

If the choices were between teams like Bayern, City, PSG,Chelsea all those teams try to buy titles (along with all other "big" teams), also out of the choices Bayern spends less than the others

As far as a challenge, winning the French league with PSG is much easier than winning the german league with Bayern.

I mean where did you think he should have went Southampton?

As a Milan fan I was hoping but knew it was a pipe dream since Milan is a mess.

Closed Thread