Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Marca says Fernando Llorente is close to a pre-contract with Juventus. Intriguing move.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Rodgers was just asked about him and said "no comment."
I like the sound of that.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Buda

Quote:
Marca says Fernando Llorente is close to a pre-contract with Juventus. Intriguing move.
About time Juve get themselves a proper forward...

Old
01-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

No comment means negotiations are continuing.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Newcastle will only sign MBiwa so someone can pick him off cheaper after relegation. It's all in the Top 6s plans!

Old
01-19-2013, 06:42 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Ashley Cole on the verge of signing a one year extension according the BBC. Good move. Still one of the top LB in the world and Bertrand or van Aanholt aren't ready to take over. I'd like them to take a look at Luke Shaw who looks very promising. I think Man U or City will probably snap him up though.

Benitez is also saying that the title race is over for Chelsea. I agree and they only have themselves to blames. When you concede in the last minute against Swansea, lose and draw to QPR and draw to Southampton, that's essentially the difference in points right there. To earn the title you need to get the results against those teams.

Need to qualify for CL, and do well in the other competitions (by their standard at least win two of those cups).

Old
01-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
I'm interested to see what he does with Ribery and Robben, he might want to clear out the big egos like he did with Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o, although it's hard to imagine them letting Ribery go. I can't see Gomez fitting into a Pep coached team, and I'm just throwing this out there with nothing behind it but Suarez might be perfect for the role if Bayern want to spend the money. But I think players like Muller, Kroos, and Martinez could really thrive like Pedro, Xavi, and Busquets have under Pep.
I think someone from the mirror reads my posts.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...triker-1545134

Old
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
40m is a laughable offer, I am dead serious when I say I wouldn't sell him for any price and would rather see him leave on a Bosman in 5 or 6 years. Liverpool won't be selling him for any price below 50m, not to mention his wife didn't like central Europe much when he was at Ajax. She packed up and left for Barcelona.

Pep may be interested but any deal for him is extremely unlikely. He (and his wife) would probably only leave for RM or Barcelona. Regardless, I would want to get one more season first. He signed a new contract and I would hope for two seasons on it, as well as some loyalty for the club backing him over the Evra case. Liverpool's owners probably also know that their time would be up if they dared to sell, nobody would have time for them any longer.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-19-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Really disappointing. Athletic have botched things from their end to be sure, but Llorente... I was hoping for a move to the PL, my dislike for Juve aside.

Quote:
40m is a laughable offer, I am dead serious when I say I wouldn't sell him for any price and would rather see him leave on a Bosman in 5 or 6 years. Liverpool won't be selling him for any price below 50m, not to mention his wife didn't like central Europe much when he was at Ajax. She packed up and left for Barcelona.

Pep may be interested but any deal for him is extremely unlikely. He (and his wife) would probably only leave for RM or Barcelona. Regardless, I would want to get one more season first. He signed a new contract and I would hope for two seasons on it, as well as some loyalty for the club backing him over the Evra case. Liverpool's owners probably also know that their time would be up if they dared to sell, nobody would have time for them any longer.
That's the right attitude to take. If he can maintain this form or close to it, leaving on a Bosman would be fine. If not and someone is coming in this Summer, then they'd better have money to pay big. No reason for Liverpool to sell much less at 40 million. That being said, I wouldn't be so sure Pep has asked for him. He's a player Pep could do something with for sure, but all this talk of Pep wants A or B is very premature. Hell, somebody posted the other day that Pep shouldn't bring in some washed up La Liga players, as if he's ever done that. Anyway, the big stumbling block for Liverpool will be CL ball. At some point I see Suarez looking to make a move if they don't get back into the CL.

What I don't get is why Rodgers called him out for admitting to diving. I didn't really read the article, so forgive my ignorance, but it didn't really make sense to me where Rodgers was coming from. Full credit for Rodgers in his backing the club, which he does quite often, but I didn't get what the issue was.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Really hope Mbiwa get's done in Newcastle. Toon army needs help, and I feel for them.

Glad Cole is back for another season. Can't wait for Benitez to ****ing leave. Bring on Mourinho PLEASE! Moyes would be awesome as well, but Mou could do so much with this team.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I think if we didn't get in the CL after next season, he'd probably want to go, but I don't see how that could be spun by anyone involved with the club. Suarez is one of those types of players that can definitely never be replaced. Poachers you can find, players who do absolutely everything including his work off the ball cannot be found at any price. That being said, with him in this form and players having adjusted to their new roles + some quality being put in around him, it would be pretty hard not to make the CL considering the state of the league at the moment. To me it's not even a patch on the league of 3 or 4 years ago.

If we'd have had linesmen not make horrendous decisions we'd just be two points back and that's with an awful start, but I guess that's life. If Spurs lose to United tomorrow we'll be just six back with plenty of time to mount a challenge, so I don't think it's over just yet. We made up far more points in less time during Kenny's first half-season. And all in all we have been playing great the last few months. It depends how we respond after the Arsenal and City games. Really, those results aren't that relevant, if we pull a point out of one I think that's fine, but a win against Arsenal is something that could be done. After that we have the type of run-in I really like. No difficult away matches and everything tough at home. In any case, I think we're a far better side than last season and the final table will make that evident. Hopefully Suarez would look at the bigger picture and realize we will be better next season as well.

Dunno why Rodgers did that either, but the quotes were somewhat taken out of context and I'm not sure they were as bad as it initially appeared.

Now in a neutral sense, if Suarez did go, I'd really only want him to go to Barcelona. The thought of him and Messi in the same team is salivating.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-19-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 12:12 AM
les Habs

Quote:
I think if we didn't get in the CL after next season, he'd probably want to go, but I don't see how that could be spun by anyone involved with the club. Suarez is one of those types of players that can definitely never be replaced. Poachers you can find, players who do absolutely everything including his work off the ball cannot be found at any price. That being said, with him in this form and players having adjusted to their new roles + some quality being put in around him, it would be pretty hard not to make the CL considering the state of the league at the moment. To me it's not even a patch on the league of 3 or 4 years ago.

If we'd have had linesmen not make horrendous decisions we'd just be two points back and that's with an awful start, but I guess that's life. If Spurs lose to United tomorrow we'll be just six back with plenty of time to mount a challenge, so I don't think it's over just yet. We made up far more points in less time during Kenny's first half-season. And all in all we have been playing great the last few months. It depends how we respond after the Arsenal and City games. Really, those results aren't that relevant, if we pull a point out of one I think that's fine, but a win against Arsenal is something that could be done. After that we have the type of run-in I really like. No difficult away matches and everything tough at home. In any case, I think we're a far better side than last season and the final table will make that evident. Hopefully Suarez would look at the bigger picture and realize we will be better next season as well.

Dunno why Rodgers did that either, but the quotes were somewhat taken out of context and I'm not sure they were as bad as it initially appeared.

Now in a neutral sense, if Suarez did go, I'd really only want him to go to Barcelona. The thought of him and Messi in the same team is salivating.
No, I'm sure the club would be really tough to deal with and it'd be Suarez looking to leave.

No, I think Liverpool have something to play for. Just up and down this season and I'm sure a call here or there can take away points. Saw it a lot last season myself. If you could add some more quality too that'd help. I mean Sneijder isn't a guy I'd normally be going for at this point, but on a reasonable wage he's worth a punt. He's been up and down over the years, but if Rodgers can get something out of him I'm sure the club guys like Gerrard will help keep him motivated and in line. Definitely a guy that could help up Liverpool a level if only in the short term. IMO you should have moved for Borja Valero. No offense as just about everyone should have, but he would have been a real bargain. Oh, and the league is a bit weak atm. Just as hyped as in previous seasons, but after the top two places there's competition there.

I saw it actually. Again, wasn't paying 100% attention, but it seemed off. I wouldn't say it was taken out of context either. Just has to be careful IMO. I mean you can't bend over backwards for any player, but I can think of a lot of reasons to talk publically about a guy and this wasn't one of them from what I could tell.

I have to say I've considered him after seeing a couple of displays this season. Don't see the club shelling out the money it'd take though. Not to mention some guys would have to leave and I don't see that happening, though I'd sell at last two of the three guys I could see leaving. Maybe we include Valdes in a swap since you're apparently interested in him. Actually he'd fit in with Rodgers' tactical sheme.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Really hope Mbiwa get's done in Newcastle. Toon army needs help, and I feel for them.
Yet guys like Santon and Krul are linked with moves away. I know Pardew denied it
, but with Chris Christie in charge who knows. Depending on his reason for leaving, Coloccini can leave though. I've read "personal reasons", but nothing substantial to back them.

Just seems two steps back, one step forward for them. Just don't see them as a 16th place side personally.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post

Glad Cole is back for another season. Can't wait for Benitez to ****ing leave. Bring on Mourinho PLEASE! Moyes would be awesome as well, but Mou could do so much with this team.
So your answers to a current 3rd place position with last year's 6th place team are to

A.) Sign that lout Mourinho. So what happens when he argues about being able to spend 5 million less than he likes and has to leave Chelsea again? That someone would even pine for that joker after this season at RM is absolutely disgraceful, the guy is a disgrace the likes of which you should be ashamed to have head your club.

B.) Sign a manager who has finished above Benitez one season in his life and never won a top flight competition as a manager.

Okay. I don't think you guys understand why you had to hire Benitez. For starters, he's one of the only managers with experience dealing with a lunatic owner. Second, he was so desperate for a job that he had to take one where he has absolutely no control over player signings. Jose Mourinho would last at Stamford Bridge a maximum of two years. Fact.

These are the reasons Benitez will leave Chelsea the instant another club approaches him for their post. These are also the reasons why managers like Ancelotti and Hiddink did not stay at Chelsea long-term. Otherwise Carlo would still be Chelsea manager, for that would be the rational thing to do. Never heard of a club so silly as to sack a Premier League winning manager one season later, or to sack a CL winner just a few months afterward. Ever in my whole life. I don't know why you blame your manager for having a midfield that lacks drive and ingenuity. Players like Mikel and Ramires are far too inconsistent to be part of a top side. Benitez didn't buy them either, nor does he have any control over selling them or renewing their contracts. The Chelsea job is a head coaching position, not a management post.

In any case, you chose like three or four winning teams in other leagues so this simply sounds like spoiled complaining. Every team you like in each league isn't going to win the league every year. That's fact too.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-20-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 03:21 AM
les Habs

Quote:
A.) Sign that lout Mourinho. So what happens when he argues about being able to spend 5 million less than he likes and has to leave Chelsea again? That someone would even pine for that joker after this season at RM is absolutely disgraceful, the guy is a disgrace the likes of which you should be ashamed to have head your club.

That's not to mention the previous two seasons with Madrid. Good thing he gets along with Fergie, though Fergie wears glasses anyway.

Personally I think Mourinho defnitely outclasses Benitez when it comes to leading a team to success. I mean great points on the facts there, but I still think Mourinho does better in most scenarios. Still it amazes me how many supporters would actually welcome him at their club. Chelsea supporters I get as I don't think they care how they win just so long as they do and they had a relative level of success at the club under him, though I still think he did the minimum considering how much they outpsent everyone else. It's the United supporters I don't get. Anyway, I don't see him taking the Chelsea job much less doing a ton with that team. I mean there is a lot to work with and that suits him, but they need a DM and a striker for starters. Not to mention that if Lampard and Terry are gone soon he'll need another CB at least. Easily see him getting 100 million spent assuming it's there. Anyway, Chelsea aren't opportune enough for Mourinho right now and regardless I don't see him taking the job simply down to the way he left last time (IE "the way he was treated"). I don't even think he'd touch United. Man City or PSG would be my bets at this point.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Evilo

I think PSG is only a long shot.
Plus if PSG wins L1 and goes far in the CL (very possible at this point), it's going to be tough to fire Ancelotti.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:36 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I think PSG is only a long shot.
Plus if PSG wins L1 and goes far in the CL (very possible at this point), it's going to be tough to fire Ancelotti.
Well if they win L1 that's one thing, but I think going far in the CL will be much more as they're not running away with L1. In fact all things considered I'd expect them to be doing better.

I think it's one of three options for next season. PSG, Man City or Madrid. Yes, still Madrid. He's not out yet. Still I think PSG is more an option than you, but by that I mean I see him being interested if he leaves Madrid. As of right now I don't see a lot of other attractive options to him if that happens. Certainly not Chelsea.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Mourinho is a better manager than Benitez, but not a patch on the man by any stretch. I think to some extent in football a club needs to have morals, as such I cannot understand why somebody would want him to manage their club. A team managed by Mourinho is automatically wrong to me. I've got no problem admitting I hate him. At the same time with regard to Benitez vs Mourinho, Benitez has only been given really good backing in two summers since his move from Valencia, so I would like to see them on a level playing field. And Benitez has tactically outclassed Mourinho in all of the big CL matches against each other. So who really knows.

I am quite unsure that Mourinho would go to City, as they also employ the continental model he seems to loathe and wanted rid of at RM. And it is very deeply entrenched at City as well, reaching down to youth academy levels. Wherever he goes he will want absolute control this time. Nobody to get in his way.

With regard to Chelsea I think the best thing to do is to try to keep Benitez. And that's because I firmly believe nobody with his tactical nous is signing up for a head coaching job there. However that will also be his catalyst for leaving, thus leaving Chelsea in a Moyes-esque lurch. Good luck with that. Maybe Laudrup would sign up to do it as a best case scenario.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-20-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Evilo

Haidara to newcastle for 3 M according to beinsport.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Stray Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Wow, 8M€ is a ridiculous price.
I've never seen him play. What's your assessment, please?

I'm particularly keen to know whether he can organise other players, or needs someone to tell him where to stand.

Last edited by Stray Wasp: 01-20-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Addition
Old
01-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Stray Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Yet guys like Santon and Krul are linked with moves away. I know Pardew denied it
, but with Chris Christie in charge who knows. Depending on his reason for leaving, Coloccini can leave though. I've read "personal reasons", but nothing substantial to back them.

Just seems two steps back, one step forward for them. Just don't see them as a 16th place side personally.
The players as individuals are mostly top half standard, but they lack depth and they have been carrying some bottom six quality players almost all season; every team they play targets those weak spots remorselessly. Trying to carry inadequate players has in turn dragged down the team's core, who've also suffered injuries.

In short, the structure that thrived last season has been undermined.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Supporters pine for Mourinho because he's the 'prize' get. He's the sizzle to the steak, and for the glory hunters, he makes sense, as he means your club's going to spend.

I still think the only way Suarez is going anytime soon is if he forces a move. the owners aren't going to sell him unless it's for a truck full of money, and he wants out. I dont' think he wants out this summer, though, that might depend on the clubs finish and intentions in the window. It's important at some point that they show him they mean business. Sneijder is not a player I would typically want, but he's a player that at least shows some willingness to go out and attract the level of player and quality who is needed in this club. He's certainly a bit beyond it, but if the wages can be at least tolerable, I could stand it. I don't think it would be a deathblow to the wage bill because at some point, the wages might be right for him to bail out to China, MLS or somewhere and eliminate him from your roster if that's what needed to happen.

I will digress for a minute, that at this stage, without Suarez, this club is probably in 12th-15th, without much chance. But I don't know that some of the money I would want (50+) couldn't be used effectively to produce two or three top level players, instead of one elite talent. Obviously, my statements on who is guiding the sales and purchases makes me not want to run that gamble. But in a season or two, 55 million could be two players of elite quality, instead of one.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
villevalo

Sorry but Suarez is not worth 50 million, no where near. Now I realise he's scored some important goals and has shined on a mild Liverpool side. But asking 50 million for him is ludicrous.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

He has a 6-7 year contract. He's happy here, and has said he understands the vision and wants to stay. They don't need the money.

He's their pretty much singular offensive talent.

50 million is a justified price. It's not like RVP where he's 29, on the last bit of a contract, only really one great year, a history of being made of glass and stomping his feet to get out.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Wasp View Post
I've never seen him play. What's your assessment, please?

I'm particularly keen to know whether he can organise other players, or needs someone to tell him where to stand.
He's the leader and captain of Champs Montpellier.
He's a very versatile player, who can play all 4 defense positions and DM too.
He's extremely good on the man, is an excellent ball player, meaning he can pass, dribble, anything, not like most "physical CB". Rarely beaten one on one. Quicker than almost every striker, yet tough in contacts.

He's been perfect in the 3 NT caps he's had (I think he had one of the most positive marks in all 3 games with 1 goal scored against in 3 full games). Basically France has three potential world class CBs on their hand in Sakho, Mbiwa and Varane. Ranking them is up to personnal taste, which is a testimony to the value of each.
Mbiwa is the oldest of the three. His main drawback is that sometimes, he plays "too easy", lacks focus and can try to do too much. That leads to great counter attacks where he can dribble through 3 players inside his own 30 meters before launching a great pass forward. But it can also lead to very dangerous turnovers. He needs to read those situations better.

Closed Thread