HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Methot - Kalrsson
Phllips - Visnovsky
Boro - Gonchar
Weircosch - Lundin

Looks like a pretty scary and deep D
Who is Ottawa's back-up goaltender then? It will not be Robin Lehner.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:58 PM
General Granny*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Gragnani can't play defense.

Seriously. Think MAB but worse at defense.
Could he seriously be any worse than Gilroy on that 3rd pairing with Philips?

Methot- Karlsson
Wiercioch- Gonchar
Philips- Gragnani
Lilja as the 7th dman

Send Boro down, Murray even said it today that he needs another year in Bingo, Benoit from my viewings at the camp looks too small and weak against NHLers, especially in the boards.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Who is Ottawa's back-up goaltender then? It will not be Robin Lehner.
I think it will be Robyn Lehner, or Craig Anderson is Lehner is the starter

Old
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Yokai

Quote:
Hasn't Murray been saying he is in the market for a veteran D and is looking to trade for one? Kinda blows your theory up
Where has Bryan Murray said that in his hunt for a veteran defenseman he is willing to move one of the more NHL-ready young assets the team has? I don't disagree that he could move a pick or a lesser player for a defenseman. I just don't think it will be Bishop.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
He's Russian, no.
He's Slovak

Old
01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Yokai

Quote:
I think it will be Robyn Lehner, or Craig Anderson is Lehner is the starter
Robin Lehner is either the starting goaltender for the Ottawa Senators or the starting goaltender for the Binghamton Senators this season. The organization is not going to let their best young goaltender sit on the bench while he watches Anderson play, and Anderson is not going to be a 3mil+ backup if he can play. If Craig Anderson can carry the starting job still this season then Lehner is still at least a year away.

Moving Bishop for a top four defenseman is not a bad idea. Moving him for a short-term stop gap top four defenseman is extremely short sighted and I would be disappointed if the organization made a move like that.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
OMadahey

Quote:
Robin Lehner is either the starting goaltender for the Ottawa Senators or the starting goaltender for the Binghamton Senators this season. The organization is not going to let their best young goaltender sit on the bench while he watches Anderson play, and Anderson is not going to be a 3mil+ backup if he can play. If Craig Anderson can carry the starting job still this season then Lehner is still at least a year away.

Moving Bishop for a top four defenseman is not a bad idea. Moving him for a short-term stop gap top four defenseman is extremely short sighted and I would be disappointed if the organization made a move like that.
Agree..
Patience on this one.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
operasen

With Subban still "miles" apart with the Habs, what will their plan be? I remember Melnyk really liking himn at the WJs here in Ottawa.

If he could be had, what would it take. They'd need a D back and Karlsson and Cowen are off limits, as is Lehner. Would a package around Zibanejad, Bishop, Wiercioch and Pageau get any attention. If Gonchar would go I'd include him over Wiercioch (mentor Galchenyuk) as they prefer. Maybe add our 1st in place of someone.

Division rivals I know, but they are rebuilding and three of these guys will play in the NHL next year.

Subban here would answer a few issues I think.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Benjamin
Life is suffering

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
With Subban still "miles" apart with the Habs, what will their plan be? I remember Melnyk really liking himn at the WJs here in Ottawa.

If he could be had, what would it take. They'd need a D back and Karlsson and Cowen are off limits, as is Lehner. Would a package around Zibanejad, Bishop, Wiercioch and Pageau get any attention. If Gonchar would go I'd include him over Wiercioch (mentor Galchenyuk) as they prefer. Maybe add our 1st in place of someone.

Division rivals I know, but they are rebuilding and three of these guys will play in the NHL next year.

Bergevin said hes not trading Subban.

How would Gonchar mentor Galchenyuk any differently than the players on the Habs?

Old
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Tuna99

Quote:

This is about winning and if Lehner and Anderson are the tandem that give you the best chance to win, that's who Maclean will go with and he'll pick the hot hand on any given night, if that means 24 games each, or 30/ Anderson 18/Lehner - if that is what it takes, that's what we will do.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 535
Quote:

Why does Galchenyuk needs to be mentored, if you don't mind me asking.

Gonchar is a defenceman, Galchenyuk is a forward.
Gonchar is Russian, Galchenyuk is an American.

Galchenyuk was born in North American, and has lived here since he was 15.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
He's probably thinking back to the whole Gonchar mentoring Malkin thing.

That's a completely different situation though as Malkin didn't speak english and was Russian. Gally is American and speaks perfect english lol.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
operasen

Yeah, that's where I was going. The American thing aside, I'm sure there are ties to motherland in there somewhere. If not strike the sentence, but if it would make the deal happen, include him.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Yokai

Quote:
This is about winning and if Lehner and Anderson are the tandem that give you the best chance to win, that's who Maclean will go with and he'll pick the hot hand on any given night, if that means 24 games each, or 30/ Anderson 18/Lehner - if that is what it takes, that's what we will do.
If you have heard any the front office staff speak over the past week you would understand that while this might be about "winning" it is also about winning in the big picture. That is why they are going with Wiercioch, Borowiecki, and Benoit to start the year instead of making wacky trades for random players. The organization cares about success, but they have a realistic expectation about how that success will come.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Benjamin
Life is suffering

vCash: 133
Quote:
Yeah, that's where I was going. The American thing aside, I'm sure there are ties to motherland in there somewhere. If not strike the sentence, but if it would make the deal happen, include him.
Markov.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
He's Slovak
Not the first time I've said that my bad...

Old
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

you could trade for subban or you could offer sheet him.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

He would have to accept the offer sheet.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
you could trade for subban or you could offer sheet him.
What would an offer sheet look like - he's wanting 4-5M over a 5 year deal its reported.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
If you have heard any the front office staff speak over the past week you would understand that while this might be about "winning" it is also about winning in the big picture. That is why they are going with Wiercioch, Borowiecki, and Benoit to start the year instead of making wacky trades for random players. The organization cares about success, but they have a realistic expectation about how that success will come.
So if they are going with 3 AHL Dman for 2 spots why wouldn't Lehner be the 1B goalie in this situation? If you are looking big picture, wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to break Lehner in like they are doing for Boro and Weircoche?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Yokai

Quote:
So if they are going with 3 AHL Dman for 2 spots why wouldn't Lehner be the 1B goalie in this situation? If you are looking big picture, wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to break Lehner in like they are doing for Boro and Weircoche?
Lehner needs to play as many games as possible at this stage of his career. His current situation is different from the defensemen. Go back and look at the past two seasons for Robin and you will notice he has not played a ton of hockey. That is why I said he will be a starting goaltender either in Ottawa or Binghamton and not a backup. Forcing him into a backup role only serves to hurt Lehner's overall development.

If you think a General Manager is going to let his coach hinder the development of a player they have invested a ton of time and money into just to win in a shortened season, then I don't have much else to say.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:43 PM
mcallister

Ottawa needs more shutdown guys that can also throw their body around.

NJ has depth on D

-Maybe bring Volchenkov back
-Tallinder?

Or try to get Douglas Murray from SJ

All should only take a mix of prospects/bottom six guys (which we have a ton of)

Old
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
koreaboy

nobody's gonna give us a top-4 D for bishop. not a chance. right now around the league i think he's seen as a quality backup with maybe the potential to be more. we can't overrate his value. defencemen are at a premium, and you don't give up a top-4 for essentially a backup goalie.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:

Interesting... Depends on how high they are about Zibanejad... but Bishop + Pageau would make a lot of sense to them and have some kind of value

Not sure I'd give up 4 assets to overpay Subban though... The guys seems to want ridiculous money

Zibanejad + Wiercioch + Pageau + Bishop are guys that could hurt us down the road. I'd rather trade with another team out of the division

Old
01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Would rather not offer sheet for Subban. His play didn't improve last year (some would say it actually declined), and there's no telling whether or not he will be improving to what is expected of him. He's a nice player, but he's not the type that we need to over-reach for.

I'm content to wait and see what the team we already have put together can do. I don't know why people automatically assume we are weak on D. Benoit, Wierchioch and Boro have all shown promise and Lundin will be back soon. Karlsson - Methot - Gonchar - Phillips is a pretty high caliber top 4 to be honest, and we have a bit of depth on the back-end (even Ceci is available in a pinch).

There's really no need to make any hasty moves until we know what we have. Signing a depth defenceman is all we really need right now.

Closed Thread