HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

SabresTV: Beyond Blue & Gold – Latest: S02E16, Domink Hasek (4/11/14)

Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
The first four episodes of "Beyond Blue And Gold" were melded together into a 30 minute program - hosted by Brian Duff - that will premiere on MSG (in Buffalo and Rochester) this Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm ET. The four episodes were - look at the combine held for draft prospects at First Niagara Center last June, the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh, the team’s rookie development camp, and a visit with the team’s AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans.

The program leads off a day of Sabres on MSG as the Sabres-Canadiens pre-game show will then be shown at 1:30 pm ET - game coverage starting at 2:00 pm ET - with puck-drop scheduled for 2:15 pm ET. The program will then be repeated after the Sabres-Canadiens post-game show ends - approx 5:00 pm ET.

Edit: Just checked my local listings and the day of Sabres on MSG starts even earlier as the "Sabres Hall Of Fame - Rafters Club Roundtable" is being repeated from 12:00 pm ET to 1:00 pm ET. (Surprise they didn't start it at 11:00 am ET and repeat the French Connection Statue Unveiling for the millionth time. LOL!)

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-31-2013 at 11:35 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 7: Pegula/Regier Interview (2/8/13)

When the Buffalo Sabres drafted Russian forward Mikhail Grigorenko 12th overall in last June's NHL Entry Draft, it surprised many people. But in many ways, the move demonstrated a new organizational philosophy on taking chances on the future, rather than drafting based on past history. As owner Terry Pegula states: "The day you're afraid to make a mistake is the day you stop taking chances." In this episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold," Pegula and general manager Darcy Regier discuss what the drafting of Grigorenko meant for now and the years beyond.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:43 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
A) these are too ****ing short. I love the hell out of them, but they're short as ****

B ) that little theme song when the title slide comes up gives me chills. Can we identify that track somehow?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
B ) that little theme song when the title slide comes up gives me chills. Can we identify that track somehow?
Off-hand, I can't place where else I've heard it, but the videos have a little post-rock vibe and remind me of Explosions in the Sky, who were featured prominently in the background music of Friday Night Lights.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:21 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Off-hand, I can't place where else I've heard it, but the videos have a little post-rock vibe and remind me of Explosions in the Sky, who were featured prominently in the background music of Friday Night Lights.
Nice. I will give it a try after some shut eye ... Hopefully someone can assist, or shazam it for the five seconds it plays...

*waits for jfb the kid to swoop in and give artist, track name, Prospect grade, band comparables, and impact the track has on waiver eligibility*

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 8: Ryder's Story (2/13/13)

Nathan Gerbe’s journey to the NHL has been one of hard work and determination. But the friendship he has developed with four-year-old Ryder Kopacz is truly inspiring. Ryder was born with fibular hemimelia in his right leg, but has not let it get in the way of his love for the Sabres and Gerbe. Watch as Kopacz and his family travel to Chicago to be fitted for a special prosthetic leg that allows him to skate, and then see him test it out on the ice at First Niagara Center under the watchful eye of his hero Gerbe. For more information, unLIMBited.com.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Beyond B&G - Equipment Managers

A really cool look behind the scenes for equipment nuts like me.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Move to: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1323351
Quote:
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 9: Equipment Managers (2/25/13)

From sharpening skates to ordering sticks, the job of the equipment manager is never done. Beyond Blue & Gold goes behind the scenes to witness what the keeper of the equipment deal with on a daily basis.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:26 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Beyond Blue & Gold: Ep. #10: Patrick Kaleta

Patrick Kaleta is much more than a grinder on the ice. Take a look at an introspective look at the forward off the ice.

(I LOVE that Kaleta gets his own)

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:36 PM
vcv
Deal with it

From Kaleta's mouth:
Quote:
I've skated off on a broken femur. I've played with broken hands, fractured pelvis. I've gotten taken off on a stretcher.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
littletonhockeycoach

These are great. Best media idea the organization has come up with in a long time.

Kaleta gave my heart a tug when he said where ever he goes, he'll always give back to WNY. Mom and Dad did good.

Loved the Lego room too!

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Kaleta might be the fastest skater on the team. That is something that NEEDS to change.

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
I think Kaleta might be the fastest skater on the team. That is something that NEEDS to change.
He also wears his heart on his sleeve. Wish we could say that about a few others.

Original lunch pail guy who will hit anyone, anywhere. Gotta love him for that....

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
indigoo

Man the interlacing artifacts in this one are BAD. I do like these episodes though. Definitely loved the lego room.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

This is why Kaleta is my absolute favorite player.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
kirby11

Love that he said he'll always have the buffalo connection. And the stuff he's played through, what he puts himself through to stay in the lineup...how the **** does he not have an A on his jersey?

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:03 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Nice. I will give it a try after some shut eye ... Hopefully someone can assist, or shazam it for the five seconds it plays...

*waits for jfb the kid to swoop in and give artist, track name, Prospect grade, band comparables, and impact the track has on waiver eligibility*
I didn't see this initially, but now it's going to bother me, so I'm going to figure out what song it is.

Sounds a lot like EITS, for sure.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
as someone who has a toy room, I also LOVED that lego room

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:24 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Love that he said he'll always have the buffalo connection. And the stuff he's played through, what he puts himself through to stay in the lineup...how the **** does he not have an A on his jersey?
I second that.

Dude's a legend. A for Kaleta today.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:25 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
I would love for him to be a lifetime Sabre.

I know his style of play causes him to miss time, but he's a heart and soul guy that bleeds blue and gold.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
MORE “BEYOND BLUE & GOLD” COMING TO MSG - Behind-the-scenes program will air 18 times throughout March - Sabres.com

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that MSG will be airing new episodes of “Beyond Blue & Gold,” a video series that takes fans behind the scenes of the Sabres organization, beginning this Saturday, March 2, at 2:00 pm. The half-hour program will premiere directly before MSG’s coverage of the Sabres’ game against the New Jersey Devils, which begins at 2:30 pm with the Tops Game Night pre-game show and then the game broadcast at 3:00 pm. The program will then be re-aired after the Game Broadcast at 6:00 pm.

This month’s episodes on MSG highlight the Sabres’ week of training camp in mid-January, the start of the 2012-13 season, exclusive interviews with Sabres owner Terry Pegula and Sabres GM Darcy Regier, and features with Sabres forward Nathan Gerbe and a “Day in the Life” of team equipment managers. Each program on MSG is 30 minutes long and is hosted by Sabres broadcaster Brian Duff.

New episodes of “Beyond Blue & Gold” will premiere every few weeks on Sabres.com and the Buffalo Sabres’ official YouTube channel.

MSG will continue to air the packages of “Beyond Blue & Gold” episodes throughout the season and as the series progresses. Viewers in the Buffalo and Rochester markets will have many chances to catch the most recent run of “Beyond Blue & Gold” on MSG – episodes will air 18 times on MSG throughout the month of March.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 02-28-2013 at 05:39 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

great stuff; it's always good to see the behind the scenes stuff and everything that keeps the team running.

Sabres Fan UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Episode 11 is up. It's the mentor trip from Florida. Great stuff here IMO.

Seeing Pegula running around with a stogie talking a little smack is great.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Good episode.

First time I think I've seen Kim Pegula referring to simply as "Buffalo Sabres Owner".

Nice shot of the Pegula house at the end. Niiiiice. Then to finish it off with Terry sitting on the car with the Cigar was a sweet touch.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote