HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hall-Yakupov vs Seguin-Galchenyuk

View Poll Results: Which pair would you take on your team?
Hall-Yakupov 251 48.83%
Seguin-Galchenyuk 243 47.28%
Too close 20 3.89%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
  #1
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 174
Hall-Yakupov vs Seguin-Galchenyuk

I tried to make two pairs with high draft pick players we like to compare.

1. Taylor vs 2. Tyler in 2010
1. Yakupov vs 2. Gally in 2012 (teamates in Sarnia)

So Which pair would you rather have on your team?

Taylor Hall and Nail Yakupov
or...
Tyler Seguin and Alex Galchenyuk

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
  #2
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
I'll take Seguin and Galchenyuk without the slightest doubt or hesitation. I'm in the boat that would have taken Seguin over Hall in 2011, and I think Galchenyuk will be a better player than Yakupov, so it's easy for me.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
  #3
WolfgangAmadeusEller*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Galchenyuk-Seguin

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
  #4
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Hall=Seguim
Yak>Gal

Oilers duo.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
  #5
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Hall=Seguim
Yak>Gal

Oilers duo.
Not really....

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:52 PM
  #6
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 500
Only reason id consider seguin and galyenchuk is because they are centers, but it seems seguin is a becoming a winger and Galy was playing the wing on Sarnia for a bit.

So Yakupov and Hall

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
  #7
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Talent-wise, it's very similar. One duo has the most powerful wheels, the other has better ability to use other linemates and control the play with stick-handling.

One has quite a size advantage over the other though, so I'll go with the 6'1+ 200lbs+ duo.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
  #8
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
What a joke what has Seguin done to prove he is better than Hall, other than lack freak injuries? Seguin has a worse PPG, less goals, less points (in 29 more games), etc.

And #1 vs #3... Half a year after the draft... #1 for sure.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:10 PM
  #9
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,547
vCash: 500
Eh, it's more advantageous for a team to have a great 1-2 punch down the middle than it is two have two dynamic, yet similar wingers, so I'd go with Seguin and Gally.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
  #10
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Not really....
Yeah really. Up until his injury, Hall was matching Seguin point for point. And Hall's pro rated stats would of been 36g-35a-71 pts. Im not saying he'd have hit these numbers, because there are many hot and cold streaks that pro-rated stats dont account for, but to say Hall would of had around the same amount of points as Seguin towards season end is not absurd at all. Even if Seguin, is a little better at scoring (which I dont believe he is), Hall makes up with his intangibles. His leadership is off the charts, and the Oilers record reflects that they play better with him in the lockeroom.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
  #11
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Yeah really. Up until his injury, Hall was matching Seguin point for point. And Hall's pro rated stats would of been 36g-35a-71 pts. Im not saying he'd have hit these numbers, because there are many hot and cold streaks that pro-rated stats dont account for, but to say Hall would of had around the same amount of points as Seguin towards season end is not absurd at all. Even if Seguin, is a little better at scoring (which I dont believe he is), Hall makes up with his intangibles. His leadership is off the charts, and the Oilers record reflects that they play better with him in the lockeroom.
Does Hall play with RNH and Eberle? Thats what I thought. I saw both players play a good amount and Seguin is the better player.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
  #12
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Does Hall play with RNH and Eberle? Thats what I thought. I saw both players play a good amount and Seguin is the better player.
Hall barely played with RNH last season. You're not an Oilers fans, so stop acting like you know everything about them.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
  #13
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Hall barely played with RNH last season. You're not an Oilers fans, so stop acting like you know everything about them.
Every time I watched an Oilers game last season, Hall played with RNH and Eberle on the first line.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:25 PM
  #14
Sky04
Registered User
 
Sky04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Hall barely played with RNH last season. You're not an Oilers fans, so stop acting like you know everything about them.
Right...

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...11+13+29+31+33

....so you're not an Oiler fan I guess?

He was moved off their line at ES after awhile, still got a TON of PP time with both of them though

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  #15
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Every time I watched an Oilers game last season, Hall played with RNH and Eberle on the first line.
I watched every single game, and I can tell you that Hall and RNH barely played together. They played together on the PP a lot however.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
  #16
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Does Hall play with RNH and Eberle? Thats what I thought. I saw both players play a good amount and Seguin is the better player.
Oh okay. I guess I'll just take your word. No stats nor evidence was provided to advance your point so sorry if I dont take your word very seriously.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:33 PM
  #17
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Yeah really. Up until his injury, Hall was matching Seguin point for point. And Hall's pro rated stats would of been 36g-35a-71 pts. Im not saying he'd have hit these numbers, because there are many hot and cold streaks that pro-rated stats dont account for, but to say Hall would of had around the same amount of points as Seguin towards season end is not absurd at all. Even if Seguin, is a little better at scoring (which I dont believe he is), Hall makes up with his intangibles. His leadership is off the charts, and the Oilers record reflects that they play better with him in the lockeroom.
Personally I'm more of a fan of Seguin's intangibles, such as playing a full season.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:40 PM
  #18
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Yakupov-Hall

and it's not as close as some fans like to make themselves believe.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
  #19
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Personally I'm more of a fan of Seguin's intangibles, such as playing a full season.
The guy got injured on an 2 absolute freak accident. Its not like he has a nagging injury that will hold him down for the rest of his career.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
  #20
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,783
vCash: 500
Too close to call right now.

What I don't like about Hall though is the way he keeps getting these weird injuries. I just hope the guy doesn't have Carlo Coliacovo Syndrome.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:59 PM
  #21
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
The guy got injured on an 2 absolute freak accident. Its not like he has a nagging injury that will hold him down for the rest of his career.
If his two main injuries are the skate to the face in warm-up, and the Sarich hit, I'm not convinced. Both injuries resulted from him falling on his own, which doesn't really mean much, but at the same time, come on, learn to stay on your feet. Add in the fact that he can't seem to master skating with his head up... I'm not saying he's gonna be plagued by injuries his entire career, but I'd rather take Seguin because he's the smarter, more aware hockey player.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM
  #22
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Yakupov-Hall

and it's not as close as some fans like to make themselves believe.
Please do explain why.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
  #23
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
If his two main injuries are the skate to the face in warm-up, and the Sarich hit, I'm not convinced. Both injuries resulted from him falling on his own, which doesn't really mean much, but at the same time, come on, learn to stay on your feet. Add in the fact that he can't seem to master skating with his head up... I'm not saying he's gonna be plagued by injuries his entire career, but I'd rather take Seguin because he's the smarter, more aware hockey player.
Agreed on the standing up part. Hall sometimes looks like bambi on the ice. I can see why some people like Seguin over Hall, due to their play styles, but skill wise I believe they are virtually equal.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
  #24
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 179
Should of added RNH amd Landeskog as well. Going with Hall and Yakupov.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:05 PM
  #25
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Yakupov-Hall

and it's not as close as some fans like to make themselves believe.
I agree on the Hall-Yak part but not close? Thats kinda ridiculous imo.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.