HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

More Popular Player All Time? Jagr or Yzerman?

View Poll Results: More popular or liked player of all time between these options?
Jaromir Jagr 56 29.17%
Steve Yzerman 136 70.83%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
Sorry, i don't know who is voting, but I think Jagr has a LOT more stardom and popularity than Yzerman..

I think people are voting Yzerman because he is a team guy etc. people are misinterpretting the question.
I don't think anyone is misinterpreting anything.

What I do think is that some of the younger voters who possibly were not around when Steve Yzerman was at the height of his "stardom" if you will, have no idea just how big a superstar he really was, and how he changed the way he played the game in order to accomplish what he did in his career.

My counterpart actually stated that Yzerman was winning this poll because of young, impressionable voters being swayed by the talk of Yzerman's respected position in the league.

I actually think it is a result of older voters who were able to watch both guys' careers, like me. We saw how much Yzerman was adored in the early part of his career, and how when the Wings started winning Cups, how he looked like he would have played on two broken legs to be a part of that winning team.

That kind of heart and grit was something we never saw coming. It was a reinvented Yzerman. Lots of us knew he was a fantastic offensive player, but to prove that he could become the kind of winner that he did was just...amazing. Plus, the guy just oozes class and respect.

I have so much admiration for him as a player and as a person.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote