HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

would the habs aquire druken for a 3rd round pick?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2005, 02:51 PM
qwert

vCash: 500
would the habs aquire druken for a 3rd round pick?

how about a 3rd round pick for druken, i think he has alotof offsenive abilty, but the defenise he needs to work on... put he can produce i say lets get him only 500,000 for a quality player..

Old
03-01-2005, 02:59 PM
AH

Old
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
how about a 3rd round pick for druken, i think he has alotof offsenive abilty, but the defenise he needs to work on... put he can produce i say lets get him only 500,000 for a quality player..
OK, gwert, do you want me to start posting threads about how we should acquire everyone from the Stormont/Dundas/Glengarry tri county area ? After Kilger and Kent McDonnell there isn't much but I won't let that stop me.

Old
03-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
If you want a 3rd rounder for Druken, we could probably receive a 1st for Hainsey! . A 3rd for Druken is overpaying...Also, with our depht, we don't need him.

Old
03-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

We love Druken here in Hamilton, especially on Sunday afternoon when he had the empty net and hit the post :lol .

Actually hasn't he been a free agent several times? I doubt you would get that high of a pick from any team.

Old
03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
I am sure we can get him on waivers for free whenever the NHL starts up again. He's been on them a few times, no ?

Old
03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Fenriz

I saw Druken play last week against the bulldogs. HE deosn't impressed me much.All that I can remember is that on an important 2 on 1 chance with Stajan he choosed to take a slapshot 5 feets after the blue line very early in the process even if Stajan was wide open. That doen't show much hockey sense as long as am concerned... and we don't have any use for him at the nhl level.

Old
03-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Chet-Nick

Never! At least not for the big club. After several disappointing stints with Vancouver, Toronto and Carolina. Druken is definitely a career minor leaguer. A third round pick is too high of a price for a guy that's been on waivers and traded for fellow minor leaguers. The only reasons why Druken is part of the Leafs organization is because of his Vancouver connection with Quinn and hails from St. John's. So much for leading the OHL in goals as Druken did during his last year of junior. :lol

Old
03-01-2005, 03:37 PM
mcphee

Guys, before you spend too much time on this, our friend gwert periodically suggests we acquire everyone involved in pro hockey born in the proud province of Newfoundland. His greatest wish is too see a line of Druken/Langdon/Cleary in the CH.

Old
03-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Guys, before you spend too much time on this, our friend gwert periodically suggests we acquire everyone involved in pro hockey born in the proud province of Newfoundland. His greatest wish is too see a line of Druken/Langdon/Cleary in the CH.
Yeah, but I bet your dream is to see a line of Youngest Gruff/Middle Gruff/Oldest Gruff play for the CH.

Wow, that's a terrible joke. I wonder if anyone is gonna get it?

Old
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
habfan4

If anyone wants to visit/view qwert's other Newfie-centric threads - have a "gander" here > Qwert's Threads

Old
03-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Chet-Nick

With John Slaney as the offensive defenseman, eh? At 33 years of age, Slaney's with Philadelphia's farm club now. Remember the hype that surrounded him in Cornwall (OHL)? Once the pride of Newfoundland. He's just another in a long list of early first round picks that didn't develop.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
leafaholix*

Harold Druken is trash.

It's a disgrace having him dawn the blue and white... it would be equally as bad giving him the honour of wearing the bleu, blanc, et rouge (sp?).

He should be playing somewhere in Texas or Omaha.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Chet-Nick

Like I said above. The only rationale for Druken being with the Leafs is due to his days in Vancouver's system and his presense in St. John's gives him hometown hero nostalgia.

The first part of the equation can also be related to Brad Leeb and Nathan Barrett. Like Druken, both are Canuck discards. Quinn and/or his scouting team once drafted them. Don't be too harsh on Druken. I notice he's the fourth leading scorer in St. John's.

Now that I really think about it. I wouldn't want Druken in Hamilton either.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick
Like I said above. The only rationale for Druken being with the Leafs is due to his days in Vancouver's system and his presense in St. John's gives him hometown hero nostalgia.

The first part of the equation can also be related to Brad Leeb and Nathan Barrett. Like Druken, both are Canuck discards. Quinn and/or his scouting team once drafted them. Don't be too harsh on Druken. I notice he's the fourth leading scorer in St. John's.

Now that I really think about it. I wouldn't want Druken in Hamilton either.
The scouting staff has expanded since Quinn's days, fortunately.

He brought in Leeb, Holden, Druken, and Barrett (via UFA signing).

Druken's a really good offensive talent in the AHL, but he's lazy as hell.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Chet-Nick

My point being, some of Toronto's current scouts were with Vancouver not so long ago. Hence, the familiarity of those Canuck cast-offs. That's why they were signed.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:31 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick
My point being, some of Toronto's current scouts were with Vancouver not so long ago. Hence, the familiarity of those Canuck cast-offs. That's why they were signed.
No questioning that.

But, now we've expanded... and Quinn's little scouts from BC no longer have a big say in what JFJ will do. Super scout Barry Trapp has the WHL covered.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Komisarek is overrated!
Every time i see that avatar i scour the Internet for a picture of Carlo so i can duplicate and throw it in your face. Unfortunately for me i don't have the patience do finish my diabolical plan.

Komisarek is under rated by the majority of people who view this board. I strongly believe he has the most potential our of any of the players in the habs organization (yes that includes our boy Kostitsyn) He will be a strong member of our blue line for years to come.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:44 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Every time i see that avatar i scour the Internet for a picture of Carlo so i can duplicate and throw it in your face. Unfortunately for me i don't have the patience do finish my diabolical plan.

Komisarek is under rated by the majority of people who view this board. I strongly believe he has the most potential our of any of the players in the habs organization (yes that includes our boy Kostitsyn) He will be a strong member of our blue line for years to come.
Komo is overrated , Kostitsyn is a bust.

Bud , be chill.Leafaholix is doing that for fun , he doesn't want to start a war or somethin'.

Komo is overrated so is Como.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

...and now for a similar thread, could the Habs acquire a bucket of used pucks for a third rounder?

Last edited by Bulldog fan: 03-01-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified

Haha, it's just a joke. Relax buddy.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Aarex

:|

im not really scouring the internet, nor do I care really. I realize it is just a joke. the first part of that message was meant to be a joke....most people don't use the words "scour" and "diabolical" in a means to be offensive.

The part about komisarus being our #1 prospect is my true belief.

Old
03-01-2005, 04:57 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

useless for either one, Montreal and Hamilton

Old
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Chet-Nick

Pathetic! Do you see us Canadiens fans making cruel jokes about the lengthy list of child molestation charges laid against some of the former ushers at Maple Leaf Gardens? Health and abuse are not to be mocked. Give your head a shake.

Old
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
I dunno about it, I think you could have a decent one two punch with Druken then Koivu. Or Captain Cancer as I call him.
Dude, cancer is serious business! I'm sure you or someone you care about has been affected with cancer too, you know! :mad:

Closed Thread