Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread III

Old
04-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
Nice 4-1 win to remain in first place in the AHL. Krug and Fallstrom each had two goals.

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010960

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
I've handled the nonsense here for myself by not engaging with inane threads and posters. It's too frustrating and not worth my time.

When I first joined this board I had high expectations for intelligent hockey discussions throughout. I have given up hope for that in general here, and enjoy it when it does happen.
Good point. I should bear it in mind.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:55 PM
LouJersey

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Didn't see game but Mark Divver tweeted Knight crushed Ducks prospect and First Team All Rookie Teamer Sami Vatanen. One of my buds who belongs here said he had 2 huge hits that were Black and Blue worthy and drew 3 penalties? Three that right?
I'm counting on Vatanen in our SIM league next season so I hope he didn't hurt him too bad!

LouJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Topshelf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I'm counting on Vatanen in our SIM league next season so I hope he didn't hurt him too bad!
I see posts here and there about this SIM league. Very intrigued by it lol. Do you use EHM for it?

Topshelf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Ratty

I notice that Matt Lindblad had two helpers on Fallstrom's goals. When Brian Ferlin joins the ProBs we could have an "Ivy Line". Big Deal...as long as they keep scoring!

And O'Gara on the way.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Vino313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Nice 4-1 win to remain in first place in the AHL. Krug and Fallstrom each had two goals.

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010960
Krug also picked up an assist on Fallstrom's second goal. That gives him 10-26-36, +9 totals in his last 32 games. A legit left-handed offensive D slides in nicely to the current roster construction. He looks primed to take Ference's spot as early as next year.

I think we're going to have considerably fewer complaints about the PP with the Krug-Hamilton-Bergeron-Spooner-Seguin unit that's coming down the road.

Vino313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:23 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Love Fallstrom. Love him. Smart player.

Chris Casto needs to play over Cohen. One game, but he's already got a feel and confidence for the ice.

Don't know that I'd want to play Norfolk in a short series, they are a cheap, greasy team.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Love Fallstrom. Love him. Smart player.

Chris Casto needs to play over Cohen. One game, but he's already got a feel and confidence for the ice.

Don't know that I'd want to play Norfolk in a short series, they are a cheap, greasy team.

Good to hear that about Casto.

The Bruins are doing well with free agent acqusitions. Because they are generally older, playing against older guys, there is more quality time to evaluate them than 18 year old draft picks.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Branden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino313 View Post
Krug also picked up an assist on Fallstrom's second goal. That gives him 10-26-36, +9 totals in his last 32 games. A legit left-handed offensive D slides in nicely to the current roster construction. He looks primed to take Ference's spot as early as next year.

I think we're going to have considerably fewer complaints about the PP with the Krug-Hamilton-Bergeron-Spooner-Seguin unit that's coming down the road.
How is Krug defesively though? Most of the young OFD are pretty bad on defense.

Branden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
How is Krug defesively though? Most of the young OFD are pretty bad on defense.
seen him play a handful of times in Providence and the times he was up with the Bruins and was very unimpressed with him defensively. he's great offensively but I have my doubts with him being able to fit in Claude's system. I just can't see Claude trusting him unless he improves big time in his own end.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 05:39 AM
bb74

So is Krug a more defensively challenged Visnovsky?

I remember Vis & Chara at the 06 Olympics and they were golden out there. That could be a pairing that could make sense starting mid next year unless he is just that bad defensively...

As for Knight, sounds a bit like Torres but with a better toolkit in the box....

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
seen him play a handful of times in Providence and the times he was up with the Bruins and was very unimpressed with him defensively. he's great offensively but I have my doubts with him being able to fit in Claude's system. I just can't see Claude trusting him unless he improves big time in his own end.
When you look at some of the high end skilled guys that are coming through the system now like Spooner, Koko, Krug, and Hamilton to a certain extent, will Claude not have to change or maybe adapt his system?
I think they coaches should always adapt and be willing to change. You may have to hide Krug a bit 5 on 5 but what he can bring to the powerplay and transition game is going to be worth it I think. Spooner is not going to be Bergeron defensively but is working at that part of his game and is going to bring speed, creativity and offense that seems to be sorely lacking.
There are quite a few players that the B's are drafting that may not fit Claude's system.
I like him as a coach, think he has done a very good job here, but I also think he needs to be less rigid and allow some skill to start showing through.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:37 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
I see posts here and there about this SIM league. Very intrigued by it lol. Do you use EHM for it?
Yes.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM. We are in the playoffs now, not certain we will have any open teams, but we may?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
LouJersey

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Yep...I'm the top seed in the East, and already down 3-0 to Vedder's gritty bunch of Americans...54 win season down the tubes!

LouJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

@MarkDivver

"Chris Bourque -- a huge addition for the playoffs -- has been cleared to play this weekend, Butch Cassidy says."

"Jordan Caron demoted to @AHLBruins today. He had 1 goal and 3 points in 17 games in Boston."

So many forward choices for Cassidy now. He'll need bodies for the playoffs, so great news.

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogBrewin View Post
@MarkDivver

"Chris Bourque -- a huge addition for the playoffs -- has been cleared to play this weekend, Butch Cassidy says."

"Jordan Caron demoted to @AHLBruins today. He had 1 goal and 3 points in 17 games in Boston."

So many forward choices for Cassidy now. He'll need bodies for the playoffs, so great news.
All the healthy scratches are going to need an entire section come playoff time

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

http://theahl.com/svedberg-named-win...-award-p183280

"The American Hockey League announced today that Niklas Svedberg of the Providence Bruins has been named the winner of the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goaltender for the 2012-13 season, as voted by coaches, players and members of the media in each of the league’s 30 member cities."

Such a cool award name too!

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogBrewin View Post
http://theahl.com/svedberg-named-win...-award-p183280

"The American Hockey League announced today that Niklas Svedberg of the Providence Bruins has been named the winner of the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goaltender for the 2012-13 season, as voted by coaches, players and members of the media in each of the league’s 30 member cities."

Such a cool award name too!
How you can win best goalie in the league & lose out on ROY to a guy who didn't even lead rookies in points is absurd to me. He made the all-rookie team, so he qualifies, I don't know how you can't give svedberg ROY.

But whatever, this is better, anyway.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
How you can win best goalie in the league & lose out on ROY to a guy who didn't even lead rookies in points is absurd to me. He made the all-rookie team, so he qualifies, I don't know how you can't give svedberg ROY.

But whatever, this is better, anyway.
The league probably favors giving trophies to different players to maximize exposure for more teams.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Congrats Niklas.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Had tickets to the Bruins-Pens game and was jonesing so bad for hockey, so my son and I are in Providence. So nice to see Knight on the ice.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Alan Ryan

Here is the best article I've seen summarizing the P-Bruins season to date. They are playing the way we all hoped Boston would be playing going into the playoffs.

The Eastern Conference championship and first-place overall in the American Hockey League are well within reach for the Providence Bruins heading into the final weekend of the regular season. The P-Bruins, who have a league-best 99 points with three games left, can wrap up the Eastern Conference title with a victory over the second-place Springfield Falcons (97 points with two games left) at 7 o’clock on Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.

The only Western Conference team that could overtake Providence in the overall points race is the Texas Stars, who have 97 points with two games remaining. “We can take care of business. We control our own destiny,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, whose team has won six in a row and will make its first appearance in the Calder Cup playoffs since 2009.

Read the full article here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ne...e=1&p=64279727

Old
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

PRO v SPR

3-3 after two periods. Cunningham, Camper, Whitfield for the P-Bruins.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
PRO v SPR

3-3 after two periods. Cunningham, Camper, Whitfield for the P-Bruins.
Wish I could watch it. Thanks for updating.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Branden

Chris Bourque has 2 points in what I think is his 1st game back. He's an elite AHL player, weird how he just sucks in the NHL.

Branden is offline   Reply With Quote