HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
"It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out here to win".

Old
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Meehan was on both TSN and Sportsnet yesterday (PR tour) arguing that the market has changed and good young players should have big long second contracts that buys a few UFA years. I think it's obvious they are trying to change how the market works and are trying their hardest to avoid shorter bridge contracts (less money for agents). It's no coincidence that Meehans contracts demand this and that their clients are holding out (Doughty last year, O'Reilly and Subban now).

I guess Sather told them to **** off and del Zotto could rot if he persisted that got Meehan to fold and accept a shorter bridge contract. In that case they wanted a much longer contract with a higher annual salary initially.
Personally, I just wouldn't hesitate to give him $4M - $4.5M over 6+ years (preferably 8 years). I just really don't see O'Reilly regressing at all and even if he stays the same player he is today, it's STILL a good deal over the long haul. Years 5-6-7-8 would look pretty frikkin' good by 2016 when the salary cap is likely to be at $80M or more.
(Let's face it, fans are packing the arenas for PRACTICE [talkin' 'bout practice] revenues are likely to keep increasing the way they had been before)

The guy was able to put up 26 pts in Year 1 and 2 with poor linemates and almost no PP time. His powerplay points in year 1 and year 2 were ZERO and FOUR respectively.

I believe getting 6+ years is the only way out of this negotiation, since the O'Reilly camp took out the short-term contract option out of the equation. I'd prefer to lock him up long-term, than to have him demanding well over $5M three years from now.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
The Shermanator
Butts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbossa View Post
Fixed

Old
01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
The guy was able to put up 26 pts in Year 1 and 2 with poor linemates and almost no PP time. His powerplay points in year 1 and year 2 were ZERO and FOUR respectively.

I believe getting 6+ years is the only way out of this negotiation, since the O'Reilly camp took out the short-term contract option out of the equation. I'd prefer to lock him up long-term, than to have him demanding well over $5M three years from now.
I would be ecstatic if he took 4.5mil for 7-8 years. But if he wants to get paid, it isn't in his interest. The real $$ to be made is as big a 4 year contract as possible for him, then cash in 4 years from now.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

He even changed his name to Rayan O'Rayli.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Quote:
He even changed his name to Rayan O'Rayli.
And yet, Cal did not change his name.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
The Shermanator
Butts

And his Twitter info says "Forward in the KHL. Russia"

He's gone forever.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
And his Twitter info says "Forward in the KHL. Russia"

He's gone forever.
I think he hates America.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

He hates all of North America.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:52 AM
TheStranger

Meh I've stopped caring.

He's delusional.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
I guess Sather told them to **** off and del Zotto could rot if he persisted that got Meehan to fold and accept a shorter bridge contract. In that case they wanted a much longer contract with a higher annual salary initially.
Maybe but MDZ probably wanted to get back to NYR. They have leverage as they're a winning team and I dunno if he's healthy but if he is then they can just put Sauer in the top 4 in place of MDZ. Maybe MDZ himself got the ball rolling and told his agent to get a contract done.

If O'Reilly really wanted a deal done quickly here then he'd force the issue a bit rather than just letting his agent do as he will.

At least it's not like the Subban or Benn situation though, those seem more painful. And I have no idea what's going on with Kulikov, no one has even mentioned the fact that he's an RFA.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:56 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
F5...nothing but new hate for ROR. Does anyone have the info on Chris Drury's "demands" I dont recall if he was a RFA or UFA at the time of the contract dispute with Lacroix. I've tried very hard to forget about that entire mess.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
F5...nothing but new hate for ROR. Does anyone have the info on Chris Drury's "demands" I dont recall if he was a RFA or UFA at the time of the contract dispute with Lacroix. I've tried very hard to forget about that entire mess.
Hate? No, I don't think so. I think many of us are disappointed with the way he's playing this, though.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I don't remember specifics, but Drury went to arbitration and it apparently got very ugly. Both sides were pissed at the outcome and Drury got shipped out very quickly afterwards.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
McWasted

Hey Toronto fan here, I have O'Reilly in my fantasy pool and was wondering how he was doing in the KHL, I haven't been able to find his stats or anything. Any updates I should know about? Other than his contract status of course, that's just a mystery that I hope works out for you (and my fantasy team).

Thanks for any information.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWasted View Post
Hey Toronto fan here, I have O'Reilly in my fantasy pool and was wondering how he was doing in the KHL, I haven't been able to find his stats or anything. Any updates I should know about? Other than his contract status of course, that's just a mystery that I hope works out for you (and my fantasy team).

Thanks for any information.
Rayan O'Rayli has 10И 5Ш 5А for 10О and +7. Strong in the faceoff circle with 0.60%Вбр.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Hate? No, I don't think so. I think many of us are disappointed with the way he's playing this, though.
Yep.

You gotta think that if he's not signed by the end of the day today, he'll miss the opener and then who knows how long it lasts....maybe the whole season.

A lot of you guys scoffed when I mentioned that he might 'rot' in Russia, looks like a possibility now.

It's not like the Avs haven't made him a fair offer and are offering under $3M, there is no reason why he should make more money than Claude Giroux.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Sick of this. I'm not gonna get my hopes up that he will come re-sign before the start of the season and I will start looking forward to the team we have now.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
The Shermanator
Butts

He'd be here if we named him captain!

Old
01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
He'd be here if we named him captain!
If that is really the reason he's holding out, then there's something wrong with him.

Would he have made a good captain? Most likely.
Should he pout because someone else was named captain? No.

I don't think the decision to make Landeskog captain was made until after talks went south, though.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

If he is pouting because he wasn't named captain, then that is reason alone to show that he is not captain material.

That being said, I doubt that that is the real reason.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
If he is pouting because he wasn't named captain, then that is reason alone to show that he is not captain material.

That being said, I doubt that that is the real reason.
The fact that he doesnt even have a letter yet kinda bothers me.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
The Shermanator
Butts

Well you have to assume that being captain was at least something in the back of his mind and something he could realistically be excited about. Because who wouldn't want to be named captain of an NHL team? Then all of a sudden having landeskog named captain could have really been insulting to him. Especially if contract negotiations were already going sour. The fact that landeskog was named captain really means that Ryan will never have the oportunity to be an NHL captain if he stays with this team (if that were something that was important to him). But who knows...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:53 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Well you have to assume that being captain was at least something in the back of his mind and something he could realistically be excited about. Because who wouldn't want to be named captain of an NHL team? Then all of a sudden having landeskog named captain could have really been insulting to him. Especially if contract negotiations were already going sour. The fact that landeskog was named captain really means that Ryan will never have the oportunity to be an NHL captain if he stays with this team (if that were something that was important to him). But who knows...
Well then GM Greg Sherman, you shouldn't have named Landeskog captain should you?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:56 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Honestly, I think being captain was something that was important to him. He just seems to have that sort of personality. Now that probably isn't the only factor, but I'd imagine that there is some animosity there.

Closed Thread