HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
  #651
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
As much as it pains me to say, I'm losing respect for a guy I thought had the utmost character. A two-year 3.5mil deal means he gets to re-negotiate next summer at this juncture in the season. How is that unfair to a guy with one outstanding year to date?
I pretty much feel the same way... Especially after hearing hes asking for 5M per year.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:53 AM
  #652
Ceremony
Moderator
Why Not Us?
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66,263
vCash: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Good blog by Dater.

You have to hope there are some sane people around O'Reilly that can guide him in the right direction.
I agree with Dater (assumptions about the quality of life in Russia aside) and I agree with you. Sadly, it would appear that O'Reilly senior is on his son's side, and for someone who've a motivational speaker or whatever it is and who always tweets about how to be good in a team, supports him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
But in 1.5 years he is an UFA coming off of a healthy 6.6 M a year contract.
If the Avs balk at his price (and I can certainly see that) or if he just wants to see something new, the Avs are screwed and left with Duchene and a big bunch of nothing at center.


We have to take this into the equation as well before we ship him out.

I really don't want to lose both guys in the matter of 1.5 years in exchange for a mediocre trade return.
Unless Stastny scores at PPG pace for the rest of his contract, I see no reason why he would be able to think about wanting close to 6.6 million a year. Plus, he's settled in Denver so far as I know and has made a decent amount, so I could see him taking a paycut. Maybe 5.5 would be fair, unless he really tears it up.

In any case though, if O'Reilly does end up leaving the team I don't see how we could afford to lose Stastny.

__________________
ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
  #653
Chileiceman
Registered User
 
Chileiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Chile
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 500
I just don't understand why he thinks he's worth that much more than Duchene. Dutchy was either hurt or playing hurt for most of last season. The first two years they aren't even close statistically. Granted, RoR is muck better defensively and that's worth something. I think this is a case of an agent with a lot of influence on the player. Judging from that Eurolanche interview, it looks like he kind of just lets Mark Guy do his own thing.

Chileiceman is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:24 AM
  #654
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 35,973
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No, these offers were not "more than fair." Were they insulting offers? I think the "bridge" deal was, yes.
Are you serious? 3.5M a year for a guy who has 107 points in 236 career games is absolutely more than fair. We can talk all we want about his defensive ability and how great it is, but players in this league tend to get paid for their offense. A short term deal at 3.5M would have been great for O'Reilly, and if he continued to develop offensively, he would have gotten paid more after that deal.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:27 AM
  #655
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
In an ideal world O'Reilly would accept what the Avalanche is offering him but he is not. O'Reilly has a good self confidence and think he has a higher value based on his capacity, he wants to be one of the top guys. Why comparing him to Duchene? It's like comparing an american fotball player to an artistic ice skater, two completely different players. Duchene was bad last season and failed to impress in Sweden. O'Reilly was the best player on the Avalanche if you ask me, at least overall, playing with heart and strength.

Making Landeskog an extremely young NHL captain perhaps made him irritated, I don't know. These are extremely competitive guys and I have no problem with it. (It probably could have gone either way? Perhaps the contract negotiations indirect ruined O'Reilly's chances of becoming the new Captain which made it hurt even more?)

This is totally up to Sherman and Kroenke.

The Avalanche have the chance to add this very important piece to Avalanche for building a future winning team.

Perhaps it would take approx $1 million / year more than the owners earlier limit, I don't know.

Of course it hurts. The Avalanche haven't spend much money the last seasons, that's for sure (which is very concerning if you ask me).

This puts everything to a test.

Is $1 million extra / year for building a winning team and a future cup contender worth it?

Of course it is and yes, O'Reilly is this good.

Just like Landeskog he is the kind of working horse who gives 100% every game.

These two guys are the future backbone of the Avalanche.

Sign him and make him assistant captain.

I also hope Captain Landeskog is having a dialogue with O'Reillly about the future on a more friendly personal level.


Last edited by 21: 01-18-2013 at 08:42 AM.
21 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:06 AM
  #656
Xgp
Registered User
 
Xgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 50
Still no details on the Kulikov deal? I'm interested to see what he got. If DT overpays him that could further motivate RoR and his agent to continue this holdout.

Xgp is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:07 AM
  #657
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Come At Me, Bro!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
In an ideal world O'Reilly would accept what the Avalanche is offering him but he is not. O'Reilly has a good self confidence and think he has a higher value based on his capacity, he wants to be one of the top guys. Why comparing him to Duchene? It's like comparing an american fotball player to an artistic ice skater, two completely different players. Duchene was bad last season and failed to impress in Sweden. O'Reilly was the best player on the Avalanche if you ask me, at least overall, playing with heart and strength.

Making Landeskog an extremely young NHL captain perhaps made him irritated, I don't know. These are extremely competitive guys and I have no problem with it. (It probably could have gone either way? Perhaps the contract negotiations indirect ruined O'Reilly's chances of becoming the new Captain which made it hurt even more?)

This is totally up to Sherman and Kroenke.

The Avalanche have the chance to add this very important piece to Avalanche for building a future winning team.

Perhaps it would take approx $1 million / year more than the owners earlier limit, I don't know.

Of course it hurts. The Avalanche haven't spend much money the last seasons, that's for sure (which is very concerning if you ask me).

This puts everything to a test.

Is $1 million extra / year for building a winning team and a future cup contender worth it?

Of course it is and yes, O'Reilly is this good.

Just like Landeskog he is the kind of working horse who gives 100% every game.

These two guys are the future backbone of the Avalanche.

Sign him and make him assistant captain.

I also hope Captain Landeskog is having a dialogue with O'Reillly about the future on a more friendly personal level.
And when Duchene is ready for that next contract, go ahead and overpay by a mil. We need him.
Same for EJ. Overpay by a mil or so if he demands it, because we need him.
Varly, too. Overpay him by a mil or so if he wants; we need him.
Don't forget Landeskog. We need him. Give him whatever he asks for.

Where does it end?
And once you give in to strongarm tactics like ROR is using, other players/agents expect the tactic (or similar holdout tactics) to work for them.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
  #658
Freudian
luck paper scissors
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 26,844
vCash: 50
From now on, in every O'Reilly trade proposal, I will say:

"O'Reilly to <insert team name> makes sense. He grew up a fan of that team".

Freudian is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
  #659
Appleanche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthesis View Post
Miss what money? He's making more in the KHL than he will in the NHL. I do agree that he has very little leverage though, if any at all.
He may be getting more in Russia during his RFA years but he'll miss the big payout in the NHL if he stayed there the rest of his career.

Quote:
And when Duchene is ready for that next contract, go ahead and overpay by a mil. We need him.
Same for EJ. Overpay by a mil or so if he demands it, because we need him.
Varly, too. Overpay him by a mil or so if he wants; we need him.
Don't forget Landeskog. We need him. Give him whatever he asks for.

Where does it end?
And once you give in to strongarm tactics like ROR is using, other players/agents expect the tactic (or similar holdout tactics) to work for them.
Exactly, I wouldn't give a **** about overpaying ROR if this was pre-salary cap.. but when you start overpaying for your home grown, all the sudden you're a little closer to the cap and you're ability to sign free agents is limited.


Last edited by Appleanche: 01-18-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Appleanche is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM
  #660
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleanche View Post
He may be getting more in Russia during his RFA years but he'll miss the big payout in the NHL if he stayed there the rest of his career.
Plus it keeps delaying his UFA status. If he stays the year there he won't be a UFA until he is 26, and if he stays 2 years he won't be until he is 27. Staying in Russia for an extra 1 m now (assuming the Avs offer of 2 years 7m and his Russian contract to be 2 years 8m), might cost him ~3-4m later.

henchman24 is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:18 AM
  #661
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.
 
WornWithPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Town in Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
The whole lock-out charade and now this with RoR is really dicking up view of hockey players
This.

Was talking about this with friends yesterday. Player's are looking more and more like greedy a** wipes. I mean seriously, you didn't see Duchene do this after two years with 55 - 68 pts (which is more in two seasons than ROR has in three) Granted the duchene deal was a low ball in my opinion, but it still doesn't entitle ROR to 1.25M more. Sign at 4.25M and move on folks. That deal is at once an over payment, and a reasonable deal considering the circumstances.

WornWithPride is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:20 AM
  #662
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
And when Duchene is ready for that next contract, go ahead and overpay by a mil. We need him.
Same for EJ. Overpay by a mil or so if he demands it, because we need him.
Varly, too. Overpay him by a mil or so if he wants; we need him.
Don't forget Landeskog. We need him. Give him whatever he asks for.

Where does it end?
And once you give in to strongarm tactics like ROR is using, other players/agents expect the tactic (or similar holdout tactics) to work for them.
Of course you have a point.

Ok, I'm not fluent in English but will try to explain my view again.

For me Landeskog and O'Reilly are future backbone players of the Avalanche.

Leader by example kind of players, giving 100%, physical, perfect team players, leaders and strong at both ends of the ice.

I would rather cheer for a physical Boston Bruins type of team than something like... well, insert team name here *-------*. ;-)

Each NHL team pay their top players good money, for me O'Reilly is one of them. Last season youngsters O'Reilly and Landeskog outplayed the entire Avalanche roster even though playing a lot on the third line?

I get the impression that a lot of you guys rather loose O'Reilly than risking a slight overpayment. Is this Avalanche mentality these days, it didn't use to be during the Forsberg and Sakic era? ;-)

In order to win you have to have som guts.


Last edited by 21: 01-18-2013 at 09:30 AM.
21 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
  #663
Appleanche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Of course you have a point.

Ok, I'm not fluent in English but will try to explain my view again.

For me Landeskog and O'Reilly are future backbone players of the Avalanche.

Leader by example kind of players, giving 100%, physical, perfect team players, leaders and strong at both ends of the ice.

Each NHL team pay their top players good money, for me O'Reilly is one of them. Last season O'Reilly and Landeskog outplayed the entire Avalanche roster even though playing a lot on the third line?

I get the impression that a lot of you guys rather loose O'Reilly than risking a slight overpayment.

In order to win you have to have som guts.
The problem is when you overpay 4-5 guys a mil each that 4-5m you could have used on a d-man or two to bolster this lineup.

The thing is this lineup, as is is a playoff bubble team. If we wanted to be considered contenders for the cup, we'd have to not only retain our core but build around it with free agents and trades, and that's not happening if we overpay everyone because hey why not.

Appleanche is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:32 AM
  #664
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleanche View Post
The problem is when you overpay 4-5 guys a mil each that 4-5m you could have used on a d-man or two to bolster this lineup.

The thing is this lineup, as is is a playoff bubble team. If we wanted to be considered contenders for the cup, we'd have to not only retain our core but build around it with free agents and trades, and that's not happening if we overpay everyone because hey why not.
4-5 guys?

We are not even sure we are talking about an overpayment in the first place, time will tell.

21 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:32 AM
  #665
dwkdnvr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
My two cents, having admittedly not followed this all that closely.

A question first, has there been any independent confirmation of the 'long-term $5 mil/yr" demand? From the feel I get, this is coming from the Avs camp which makes me suspicious - way too easy to make this seem like strictly a money question.

Maybe I'm putting too much stock in TPS's report, but to me this definitely feels like a situation that could have turned sour more due to 'respect' and 'role' rather than strictly money. It seems that 2 things could quite possibly have occurred during the negotiation process
- bringing in PAP with the intent of trying to re-establish Duchene as a 1/2 line center. this clearly signals an intent to relegate ROR back to a more traditional 3rd line role and the sub-par offensive linemates that implies
- the Landeskog captain situation. There seem to be 2 potential angles to this
- it makes it likely that they credit Landeskog with much of the success of that line, rather than ROR
- it undermines any possible leverage from a "ROR is potential captain material" position.

So, IMHO this really feels like a situation where during negotiations the Avs - whether explicitly or 'simply' implicitly through their other actions - were telling ROR that his breakout season really didn't mean anything significant to his place on the team, and even if they offered him the 'same deal' as Duchene, they clearly were doing everything possible to help Duchene succeed while relegating ROR back to checking-line-center role.

So, until I hear someone from ROR's camp confirm the $5m/yr demand (which I completely agree is unreasonable - I don't see how anyone can argue that based on any comparables), I'm of the opinion that the Avs mgmt screwed the pooch initially by alienating the guy who was clearly their best player most nights last year. I dont' completely excuse ROR for now acting a bit like a petulant child, but I can at least find reason to believe that this isn't just strictly about money but also has a very strong element of wanting a legit opportunity to build on last year's breakout.

dwkdnvr is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:36 AM
  #666
Huis Clos
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Huis Clos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkdnvr View Post
I dont' completely excuse ROR for now acting a bit like a petulant child, but I can at least find reason to believe that this isn't just strictly about money but also has a very strong element of wanting a legit opportunity to build on last year's breakout.
So, if O'Reilly plays like he did last year the Avs aren't going to give him ice time? I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Huis Clos is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
  #667
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,484
vCash: 50
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's about the money. Things may have soured for another reason, but in the end they're still talking about his contract. Maybe someone said something dumb while they were talking about money. Well they were still talking about money.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:48 AM
  #668
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Shocked this is still dragging on.... didn't expect this from RoR at all and thought a deal would happen almost immediately.

iAvs is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
  #669
benzino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estocolmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleanche View Post
The problem is when you overpay 4-5 guys a mil each that 4-5m you could have used on a d-man or two to bolster this lineup.

The thing is this lineup, as is is a playoff bubble team. If we wanted to be considered contenders for the cup, we'd have to not only retain our core but build around it with free agents and trades, and that's not happening if we overpay everyone because hey why not.
Avs can easily get rid of 4-5 million by dumping 2 players like Hunwick,O'Brien,Wilson or Zanon if there is a urgent need for cap space. Avs won't be crippled by overpaying a key player or two, a team gets crippled by having a Tim Connolly contract.

benzino is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:52 AM
  #670
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
I just don't see how O'Reilly will really fit back into the room if he misses more than a week of the season. The Avs were building a room that wants to be here, and the way he is acting, I seriously doubt that is the case anymore. I really wonder what Duchene and EJ think, and to a lesser extent Varly and Landeskog. They are all on more than fair contracts right now, and it seemed they signed almost immediately, even with the CBA ending knowing they might get hit with rollbacks. How is this guy supposed to come back a couple of weeks from now and have the respect of other guys in the room, especially wearing an A (I can't remember if he will or won't be, but at this point lets hope not).

Everyone has leverage in negotiations. Duchene could have used those stats Bender posted to show why he is among an elite group of 18 year olds to have as good a rookie season as he did. Johnson could have played the 1st overall pick, being the Avs leader in all aspects of defense (practically), and other overpaid comparables around the league. Varly was supposed to be a flight risk to Russia, and could have done the exact same thing as O'Reilly, and probably would have been able to bend Sherman's arm because he just gave a 1st and 2nd for him. Instead, they all show that being committed to the Avs is more important than an extra $500,000 a year.

It would be one thing if the Avs lowballed him and offered 2 million a year saying he was defensive center and last season was a fluke. But they didn't. They offered him the exact same contract as their former golden boy who outplayed O'Reilly in 2/3 seasons. Unless O'Reilly calls up Sherman today and tells him he's on a flight back today, and will take that two year deal, I just don't see O'Reilly in the Avs plans anymore.

Avs71 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:54 AM
  #671
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 35,973
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkdnvr View Post
Maybe I'm putting too much stock in TPS's report, but to me this definitely feels like a situation that could have turned sour more due to 'respect' and 'role' rather than strictly money. It seems that 2 things could quite possibly have occurred during the negotiation process
- bringing in PAP with the intent of trying to re-establish Duchene as a 1/2 line center. this clearly signals an intent to relegate ROR back to a more traditional 3rd line role and the sub-par offensive linemates that implies
- the Landeskog captain situation. There seem to be 2 potential angles to this
- it makes it likely that they credit Landeskog with much of the success of that line, rather than ROR
- it undermines any possible leverage from a "ROR is potential captain material" position.

So, IMHO this really feels like a situation where during negotiations the Avs - whether explicitly or 'simply' implicitly through their other actions - were telling ROR that his breakout season really didn't mean anything significant to his place on the team, and even if they offered him the 'same deal' as Duchene, they clearly were doing everything possible to help Duchene succeed while relegating ROR back to checking-line-center role.

So, until I hear someone from ROR's camp confirm the $5m/yr demand (which I completely agree is unreasonable - I don't see how anyone can argue that based on any comparables), I'm of the opinion that the Avs mgmt screwed the pooch initially by alienating the guy who was clearly their best player most nights last year. I dont' completely excuse ROR for now acting a bit like a petulant child, but I can at least find reason to believe that this isn't just strictly about money but also has a very strong element of wanting a legit opportunity to build on last year's breakout.
What does signing PAP have to do with this? Are the Avs not allowed to try to make their team better? If anything, this team has gone out to acquire more wingers to play with all their centers (McGinn, PAP, Downie).

Landeskog was going to be the captain some day, he's been touted that type of player since well before he was drafted. Who really cares if O'Reilly doesn't have a C on his jersey? You don't have to have a letter to be one of the leaders. Landeskog wasn't even named captain until the middle of September.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
  #672
Freudian
luck paper scissors
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 26,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Avs can easily get rid of 4-5 million by dumping 2 players like Hunwick,O'Brien,Wilson or Zanon if there is a urgent need for cap space. Avs won't be crippled by overpaying a key player or two, a team gets crippled by having a Tim Connolly contract.
You can't build a team starting to overpay players just because you have room. That makes everyone else have bigger demands.

EJ took at 2 year $2.6M/year second contract to play on the Avs
Duchene took at 2 year $3.5M/year second contract to play on the Avs
Varlamov took a 2 year $2.8M/year second contract to play on the Avs

Freudian is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  #673
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,968
vCash: 542
It annoys me that because of the contract matching situation that he wouldn't even take 4x2.

There's really no justification for his demands in the context of a player who is dedicated to his team and his teammates. His demands demonstrate arrogance to a delusional level (putting himself above his teammates), an extremely childish attitude towards business negotiations, and seem to reflect the mindset of a player who doesn't have that much interest in being here. I can't imagine his teammates are going to view this whole debacle in a positive light.

And I agree that you can't just overpay players because you have space - teams that are good long term keep contracts in control (Detroit, Vancouver, and a team that's setting up for this scenario in the future St. Louis)

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
  #674
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,484
vCash: 50
I think the other players are the least likely to be angry. If they are, it's also the quickest relationship to heal. I'd be much more worried about a bad relationship with Sherman. That could color every future contract or trade negotiation, possibly making the contracts take longer to negotiate or maybe if it's bad enough, affecting the team's ability to reach a deal. I don't know the extent of the damage there, but if it's significant as TPS implied, it may be better to get him signed and see if it improves during the season. If not, I can see them cutting bait.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
  #675
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I think the other players are the least likely to be angry. If they are, it's also the quickest relationship to heal. I'd be much more worried about a bad relationship with Sherman. That could color every future contract or trade negotiation, possibly making the contracts take longer to negotiate or maybe if it's bad enough, affecting the team's ability to reach a deal. I don't know the extent of the damage there, but if it's significant as TPS implied, it may be better to get him signed and see if it improves during the season. If not, I can see them cutting bait.
This is probably what will happen. Sign him within a few days, and look to see if the situation improves or if there has been a negative impact through all of this. If there has, then ship him out on draft day for a good pick and a young top pairing defensemen. Then pick up a #3c in free agency.

henchman24 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.