HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Avsboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Here's a transcript of the meeting.

Greg Sherman: Look, Guy. We have to stay strong. If you don't stand with your fellow Avalanche players, then you are a rat!
Ryan O'Reilly: Don't call me a rat, buddy.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your buddy, friend.
Mark Guy: He's not your friend, guy.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your guy, buddy.
Ryan O'Reilly: He's not your buddy, friend.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your friend, guy.

Then leak to the media that there is no progress.
Maybe Guy knows Scott. He's a ****.

Last edited by Frenchy: 01-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I bet Honestly was more of a hypothetical. If you want to discuss further, maybe the trade thread?
Aren't all proposals hypothetical?

Facepalm to whoever said they'd want Alzner over JC.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
Here's a transcript of the meeting.

Greg Sherman: Look, Guy. We have to stay strong. If you don't stand with your fellow Avalanche players, then you are a rat!
Ryan O'Reilly: Don't call me a rat, buddy.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your buddy, friend.
Mark Guy: He's not your friend, guy.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your guy, buddy.
Ryan O'Reilly: He's not your buddy, friend.
Greg Sherman: I'm not your friend, guy.

Then leak to the media that there is no progress.
LMAO ,well yes Ryan you are a rink rat

Old
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

I really don't care who the deal is with as long as ROR + Depth Defenseman or Prospect gets us a young 1st pairing potential defensemen + solid #3C (younger preferred). I'm not a big fan of trading ROR, but it is obvious the situation is pretty bad and the Avs management doesn't take kindly to holdouts.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Probably checking to make sure he hasn't frozen to death yet.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Aren't all proposals hypothetical?

Facepalm to whoever said they'd want Alzner over JC.
Yeah, who cares about what we need. I mean Carlson scored a goal in JWC!

Facepalm indeed. We have right shot PMDs coming out our ***.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:48 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

I just dont see the Avs splitting 92 n 37 (90)

Old
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I honestly wonder what the "whole story" is about this... This really came as a shock... I thought he would be a bit more humble... Maybe it's a slick agent getting to him.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 586
I'm starting to really question the AVs front office and the way it treats players now.

It really appeared that ROR was a great fit with the AVs last season; in fact, I'd say the trades made last season and signing of PAP this summer was a flat out giveaway that the AVs wanted to rock and roll with three scoring lines. So what happened that really precipitated this rift?

I complete agree with everyone saying that there is no way in hell ROR is worth 5M or 5M+ at this point in his career...but I don't believe for a second that is what he believes he should get...I think it's just a number he's using to get traded. There's something else at play here. Too many people talk about how great of a person ROR is...I smell something fishy.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

Quote:
Yeah, who cares about what we need. I mean Carlson scored a goal in JWC!

Facepalm indeed. We have right shot PMDs coming out our ***.
JC is more than PMD, he's a 2way defender that could be a #1 defender in the NHL. Carlson is better than everyone's wet dream on here Kulikov. Alzner is solid in all but JC is head and shoulders above him, if I'm trading Ryan I wouldn't want a one dimensional player coming back.

Lolelliot and Barrie haven't proven anything yet, if the avs get a chance to acquire Carlson but don't because of Elliott and Barrie then Shermy should be fired.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I'm starting to really question the AVs front office and the way it treats players now.

It really appeared that ROR was a great fit with the AVs last season; in fact, I'd say the trades made last season and signing of PAP this summer was a flat out giveaway that the AVs wanted to rock and roll with three scoring lines. So what happened that really precipitated this rift?

I complete agree with everyone saying that there is no way in hell ROR is worth 5M or 5M+ at this point in his career...but I don't believe for a second that is what he believes he should get...I think it's just a number he's using to get traded. There's something else at play here. Too many people talk about how great of a person ROR is...I smell something fishy.
Porter's comments after being traded really speak volumes about this...

Old
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
JC is more than PMD, he's a 2way defender that could be a #1 defender in the NHL. Carlson is better than everyone's wet dream on here Kulikov. Alzner is solid in all but JC is head and shoulders above him, if I'm trading Ryan I wouldn't want a one dimensional player coming back.

Lolelliot and Barrie haven't proven anything yet, if the avs get a chance to acquire Carlson but don't because of Elliott and Barrie then Shermy should be fired.
Did you watch Caps last year? Alzner was clearly the better player of him and Carlson and fits Avs much more than Carlson does.

Anyway this is all OT. I don't even think O'Reilly will be traded to start with and if he is, neither Carlson or Alzner will be coming the other way.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog 92 View Post
Porter's comments after being traded really speak volumes about this...
What did Porter say?

Old
01-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
What did Porter say?
Something along the lines of "a lot of people have their bags packed ready to leave" or something.

On another note... Subban is becoming a headache in Montréal... rights for rights?

Old
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

Quote:
Did you watch Caps last year? Alzner was clearly the better player of him and Carlson and fits Avs much more than Carlson does.

Anyway this is all OT. I don't even think O'Reilly will be traded to start with and if he is, neither Carlson or Alzner will be coming the other way.
You must've been watching a different Washington team. Carlson is and will always be the better player of the 2. I actually think Carlson is a better fit considering how bad the avs transition game is and the little offense it produces.

You're right tho this OT and I would rather see orielly stay.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:

youre wrong.

Quote:
Something along the lines of "a lot of people have their bags packed ready to leave" or something.

On another note... Subban is becoming a headache in Montréal... rights for rights?
wrong, that was quincey. he was butthurt because he wasnt getting top minutes while playing abysmally.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
ROR is the first contract dispute the Avs have had under Sherman.

Can you really start to question the methods of the FO after the first (albeit huge) contract dispute (not counting arbitrations that were solved before the actual arbitriation) the FO has had in 4 years?
We've signed Dutchy, EJ, Varly, McGinn, Wilson, Downie (albeit ending in UFA) to very reasonable RFA deals with no (revealed) animosity between the FO and the representatives of the player. (and all these this season!)
I think the problem lies more on the O'Reilly side when looking at the big picture, but it is all just speculation.

Oh, if you wanna put in Hendricks as a contract dispute then fine, but he was not in any way an integral cog in the build-up of the team.

Last edited by Nzap: 01-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Ceremony
Why Not Us?

Porter wasn't trade, he wasn't tendered a qualifying offer. I believe you're referring to Galiardi...

... and I don't want to search for it. But it was when he went (a player who had problems with the coach, rather than management).

“It’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed to be here right now. It’s not even funny. And it’s just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. It’s not how you’re going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
01-18-2013, 06:08 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:

I don't know man, I would agree with you that Carlson or Alzner won't be coming to the Avs, but I still contend that once the puck drops on the Avalanche season, if O'Reilly isn't there or has agreed to a contract, then I believe the Avs will be resigned to trade him, perhaps for no other reason than "No one is bigger than the team".

I'd love to be wrong on this...but I just feel that once that bridge is crosse, the Avalanche will view it as a "burnt bridge" so to speak

Old
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Porter wasn't trade, he wasn't tendered a qualifying offer. I believe you're referring to Galiardi...
Quincey

Old
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post

... and I don't want to search for it. But it was when he went (a player who had problems with the coach, rather than management).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
Quincey
There we go http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...-measure/9780/

Porter did something kinda scummy too.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:11 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

Quote:

they did make a lot of moves since he was traded.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Unless the Avs are playing poorly and become desperate, I think they'll hold onto ROR's rights until the deadline and make a big trade then.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
they did make a lot of moves since he was traded.
ehhhhh...

Quote:
“Everyone is ready to get shipped out any day. There’s a lot of guys, their bags are packed beside the door, and they wouldn’t be unhappy to go – trust me. I know I had a big smile on my face, and all the guys were jealous. I think there’s a bunch of guys that were pissed off they weren’t in a package deal.”

Old
01-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Unless the Avs are playing poorly and become desperate, I think they'll hold onto ROR's rights until the deadline and make a big trade then.
I think that depends on how the management approaches this season... If they feel like they could make a push, yes... Other than that I don't know.

Closed Thread