HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2013 NHL Season Predictions: Western Conference

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
  #76
RedLeader
Registered User
 
RedLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
He isn't a #1D, he is a #3D at best. Seriously, with the loss of Lidström they've gone from a top 10 D corps to a bottom 10, if not worse than that. Add to the fact that they got a somewhat shallow scoring depth and they're kind of in trouble, especially if Z or Datsyuk get injured or Nyqvist have a rough year.
I agree, Detroits record without Lidstrom is awful. He's been the backbone for their system for so long that and now he's gone, the fall of Red Wings will be finally here. The short season will insure that even more so, since it will take time to adjust and with every game being crucial i cant see Red Wings making the playoffs.

RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
  #77
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
He isn't a #1D, he is a #3D at best. Seriously, with the loss of Lidström they've gone from a top 10 D corps to a bottom 10, if not worse than that. Add to the fact that they got a somewhat shallow scoring depth and they're kind of in trouble, especially if Z or Datsyuk get injured or Nyqvist have a rough year.
uh....what?

and what's all this noise about the Wings depth at forward? it's better than it was last year

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
  #78
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
You are setting yourself up for disappointment.
Why do you say that? Just because we only have one Norris caliber defenseman instead of two we go from 4th best in our conference and Fifth in the entire league to twelve or so in our conference? Suter is a great defenseman and I still consider him better defensively then Weber but he doesn't make us drop 23 points.

Rinne was first in games played, wins, shots against and saves, he's one of the best goalies in the league and if you don't think he's in the top 5 you're selling him short. Even if we didn't have a two time, I mean Norris winne... I mea two time Norris candidate Rinne alone could probably gaurentee a playoff spot.

Our offense was eighth in gf and ninth in ga and we only lost Suter and Tootoo this year. I'm not underestimating impact Suter had but we aren't going to plummet to worst in the league because we lost him. We still have two trophy caliber players and our forward core is the same minus one pest and I bet at least one of Smith, Wilson, Halischuk, Bourque will improve on the season they had last year.

Detroit, on the other hand, has been on the downswing for a couple seasons and lost Lidstrom Hudler, Stuart and Holmstrom. Yes they still have Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Howard is a good goalie, but are all their young guys ready to take the places of everyone who just left?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:20 PM
  #79
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner
 
LastWordArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Why do you say that? Just because we only have one Norris caliber defenseman instead of two we go from 4th best in our conference and Fifth in the entire league to twelve or so in our conference? Suter is a great defenseman and I still consider him better defensively then Weber but he doesn't make us drop 23 points.

Rinne was first in games played, wins, shots against and saves, he's one of the best goalies in the league and if you don't think he's in the top 5 you're selling him short. Even if we didn't have a two time, I mean Norris winne... I mea two time Norris candidate Rinne alone could probably gaurentee a playoff spot.

Our offense was eighth in gf and ninth in ga and we only lost Suter and Tootoo this year. I'm not underestimating impact Suter had but we aren't going to plummet to worst in the league because we lost him. We still have two trophy caliber players and our forward core is the same minus one pest and I bet at least one of Smith, Wilson, Halischuk, Bourque will improve on the season they had last year.

Detroit, on the other hand, has been on the downswing for a couple seasons and lost Lidstrom Hudler, Stuart and Holmstrom. Yes they still have Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Howard is a good goalie, but are all their young guys ready to take the places of everyone who just left?
I still think Detroit is better than Nashville. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are completely healthy this year and Franzen is healthy as well. I think Stuart really hurt us vs Nashville in the playoffs.

The good thing about Detroit and Nashville is that they play system hockey and this makes it easier to replace good players. Both will make the playoffs, but Detroit will have the edge this year. Brunner looks to add speed of Helm with top 4 Talent to boot.

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
  #80
redjax
Boom Roasted.
 
redjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We need some damn hockey to watch so we can settle all of this.
One thing we can all agree on.

These were the standings at the end of the season last year:

Vancouver Canucks
St. Louis Blues
Phoenix Coyotes
Nashville Predators
Detroit Red Wings
Chicago Blackhawks
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings

Hockey has parity, so I'd imagine 2-3 teams in the playoffs last year wont be there this year. The shortened season + loser point just makes 4-12 a mess though.


Last edited by redjax: 01-18-2013 at 01:51 PM.
redjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  #81
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
The Oilers above the Preds and the Dogs? NO WAY

I'd say the Wings and Hawks have more of chance at missing the playoffs than the Preds

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #82
Rekker
**** the russians
 
Rekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Broad Street
Country: United States
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Phoenix finishing under Calgary? Right..

Rekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:52 PM
  #83
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,029
vCash: 500
The writers poor view of the 'Yotes makes a lot more sense after seeing where they are from.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
  #84
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,388
vCash: 69
Quote:
8. ANAHEIM DUCKS = 53 points

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf will rebound from subpar seasons in 2012-13, but it won’t be enough for the Ducks to make it back to the playoffs.
Somebody divided by zero.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
  #85
smurfyeah19
Registered User
 
smurfyeah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 481
vCash: 500
Props to the writer of the article in the OP who seems to have picked all 8 possibly correctly. Damn good

smurfyeah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:55 AM
  #86
HankieDankie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
I love threads like this

HankieDankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
  #87
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,388
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
1 LA
2 Canooks
3 Detroit
4 St Louis
5 San Jose
6 Minny
7 Nashville
8 Dallas

9 Chicago
10 Phoenix
11 Edmonton
12 Calgary
13 Anaheim
14 Colorado
15 CBJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
My predictions, probably will be completely wrong but oh well;

1 St Louis 64
2 Los Angeles 60
3 Minnesota 56
4 Chicago 61
5 San Jose 57
6 Nashville 57
7 Detroit 56
8 Vancouver 55
9 Dallas 55
10 Colorado 54
11 Phoenix 52
12 Calgary 50
13 Edmonton 50
14 Anaheim 46
15 Columbus 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Yikes...that list is...pretty bad. No way Phoenix and Nashville fall that much and Anaheim and Minny rise up that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Haters gonna hate....

1). Vancouver Canucks
2). Detroit Red Wings
3). Los Angeles Kings
4). St. Louis Blues
5). Dallas Stars
6). Minnesota Wild
7). Phoenix Coyotes
8). Edmonton Oilers
-------------------
9). Chicago Blackhawks
10). San Jose Sharks
11). Calgary Flames
12). Nashville Predators
13). Anaheim Ducks
14). Colorado Avalanche
15). Columbus Blue Jackets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
Not sure the Ducks can compete for a playoff spot this year...

I'd say Colorado, Calgary or Edmonton gets their spot. I'd also say the Wild might not be THAT good... I mean, the Predators were very strong in the past years, so they could also remain in a playoff spot..
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
I say Anaheim & Minnesota do not make it, Edmonton and Dallas do. Nashville IMO will not be good this season at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
Alrighty, let's give this a shot:

Code:
 1) Los Angeles Kings
 2) St. Louis Blues
 3) Minnesota Wild
 4) Chicago Blackhawks
 5) Vancouver Canucks
 6) San Jose Sharks
 7) Detroit Red Wings
 8) Phoenix Coyotes
 9) Nashville Predators
10) Edmonton Oilers
11) Dallas Stars
12) Anaheim Ducks
13) Calgary Flames
14) Colorado Avalanche
15) Columbus Blue Jackets


I love this thread

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
  #88
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post


I love this thread
You showed them!

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:33 AM
  #89
hossua34
Mutt
 
hossua34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post


I love this thread
So... where's your preseason post picking the Ducks to finish 2nd?

P.S. That was one of the worst movies in Jack Nicholson's career.

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:38 AM
  #90
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,388
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
So... where's your preseason post picking the Ducks to finish 2nd?

P.S. That was one of the worst movies in Jack Nicholson's career.
I'll never tell

I know I wasn't predicting them to be lottery divers, that's for sure.

And yeah I know. Still a funny gif though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
You showed them!
Wasn't trying to get BACK at anyone. It's just funny looking back. There's really nothing to get back AT. I wasn't expecting the Ducks to do this well either.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
  #91
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 500
I really love reading threads like this each year. Looks THW really boned on their predictions for Anaheim and Colorado, LoL

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.