HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

vCash: 425
fair enough - hell he probably grabbed the fuel line and was blowing into it.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Haha, and that's why I'm not over thinking it. Because it's just too crazy to be real.

That could only happen in Russia.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:09 PM
holikwillfindyou

anyone here like to cook? i know its not really a guy thing but for the last year or so ive been obsessed with cooking.

in honor of the frigid temperature outside i just threw together a recipe for crock pot chicken tortilla soup in. 2 hours down...4 hours and 49 minutes to go. i want it nowwwwww.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by holikwillfindyou View Post
anyone here like to cook? i know its not really a guy thing but for the last year or so ive been obsessed with cooking.

in honor of the frigid temperature outside i just threw together a recipe for crock pot chicken tortilla soup in. 2 hours down...4 hours and 49 minutes to go. i want it nowwwwww.
we had a cooking thread last season. didn't go so well.

Do you put actual tortillas torn up in your base to thicken it?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
we had a cooking thread last season. didn't go so well.

Do you put actual tortillas torn up in your base to thicken it?
i thought i remembered there being a cooking thread.

i didnt, it just calls for crushed tortilla chips being sprinkled on the soup after its done to add some crunch. that plus some grated romano cheese and a dollop of sour cream should do the trick. it already smells ****ing delicious! my gf has the flu so this is just a nice little surprise for her when she comes home from work.

heres the recipe http://thechiclife.com/2012/04/slow-...up-recipe.html

i must have searched for at least 3 hours this morning to find the perfect soup for this cold ass day.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

Quote:
i thought i remembered there being a cooking thread.

i didnt, it just calls for crushed tortilla chips being sprinkled on the soup after its done to add some crunch. that plus some grated romano cheese and a dollop of sour cream should do the trick. it already smells ****ing delicious! my gf has the flu so this is just a nice little surprise for her when she comes home from work.

heres the recipe http://thechiclife.com/2012/04/slow-...up-recipe.html

i must have searched for at least 3 hours this morning to find the perfect soup for this cold ass day.
That sounds great. My wife and I love tortilla soup and have tried several recipes with none coming out near enough to our favorite local pub's version which has a broth base but has just a little more thickness to it along with some cheese melted in rather than topped with it. I read a few recipes for it that included taking 1 or 2 flour tortillas and shredding them into little pieces as you start the crock pot going as they break down and thicken the soup. We're trying that next time.

Also, rather than frying up tortillas for strip to top we've found that BBQ Fritos work fabulously! The wife cannot stand onions so I dice some green onion and top mine with that as well as cilantro. Smells outstanding that way (if you dig onions). I also put in twice as much cumin powder in as they call for but it is one of my favorite spices.

Let me know how it turns out.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
That sounds great. My wife and I love tortilla soup and have tried several recipes with none coming out near enough to our favorite local pub's version which has a broth base but has just a little more thickness to it along with some cheese melted in rather than topped with it. I read a few recipes for it that included taking 1 or 2 flour tortillas and shredding them into little pieces as you start the crock pot going as they break down and thicken the soup. We're trying that next time.

Also, rather than frying up tortillas for strip to top we've found that BBQ Fritos work fabulously! The wife cannot stand onions so I dice some green onion and top mine with that as well as cilantro. Smells outstanding that way (if you dig onions). I also put in twice as much cumin powder in as they call for but it is one of my favorite spices.

Let me know how it turns out.
dammit man youve got me salivating!!

woah, twice as much cumin? I may actually have to add some more in. one tsp just isnt enough. and i was thinking about whisking just over a tablespoon of cornstarch in a 4th cup of water and adding that to the crock pot a half hour before its done. tell me if you think that's reasonable.

dude, i LOVEE onions. the recipe called for a cup, i did 2 cups. you can NEVER have enough onions.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

cornstarch works fine - go for it but don't go too far with it or you end up with tortilla gravy.

- I always use more broth to add in with cornstarch (make sure it's cold when you mix) no lumps, no dilution of flavor.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
cornstarch works fine - go for it but don't go too far with it or you end up with tortilla gravy.

- I always use more broth to add in with cornstarch (make sure it's cold when you mix) no lumps, no dilution of flavor.
Crap, you're right. I should have saved a half cup of broth for the cornstarch. Oh well, we live and we learn haha.

And thank you for the cold water tip. I totally would have used warm if not hot water.

Have you ever tried making slow cooker pork chops with 2 cans of cream of chicken, one can of cream of mushroom and a packet of ranch dressing mix?? If not I encourage you to try it. It's my absolute favorite meal to make in the crock pot. Serve over handmade garlic mashes potatoes, with grilled or broiled asparagus on the side. It's heaven man!!

Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

Quote:
Crap, you're right. I should have saved a half cup of broth for the cornstarch. Oh well, we live and we learn haha.

And thank you for the cold water tip. I totally would have used warm if not hot water.

Have you ever tried making slow cooker pork chops with 2 cans of cream of chicken, one can of cream of mushroom and a packet of ranch dressing mix?? If not I encourage you to try it. It's my absolute favorite meal to make in the crock pot. Serve over handmade garlic mashes potatoes, with grilled or broiled asparagus on the side. It's heaven man!!
No, but I do know the same trick using 1/2 your favorite BBQ sauce and 1/2 water or beef stock (pork stock so hard to find here) along with 1/2 sweet onion. You then can fork shred the chops and make sammiches or serve with your favorite side. I'll have to try your version.

For a quick side, get a box of instant potato buds, make like directions but use whole milk in all places rather than water. When they're finished, add in extra butter, some cream cheese (about 1/2 cup) and shredded cheese (cheddar or your personal favorite). I also stir in chopped green onion. De-lish. rachelray.jpg

My favorite asparagus is marinate in olive oil with lemon pepper liberally applied. Grill to slightly tender/charred.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

The gate commercial just played on my tv. Please, God, no.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
No, but I do know the same trick using 1/2 your favorite BBQ sauce and 1/2 water or beef stock (pork stock so hard to find here) along with 1/2 sweet onion. You then can fork shred the chops and make sammiches or serve with your favorite side. I'll have to try your version.

For a quick side, get a box of instant potato buds, make like directions but use whole milk in all places rather than water. When they're finished, add in extra butter, some cream cheese (about 1/2 cup) and shredded cheese (cheddar or your personal favorite). I also stir in chopped green onion. De-lish. rachelray.jpg

My favorite asparagus is marinate in olive oil with lemon pepper liberally applied. Grill to slightly tender/charred.
Dude, you're killing me. That looks like it would be amazing. Why didn't you let me know about this recipe oh..like 6 hours ago!!! Well, I know what im making for sunday dinner . Is lemon pepper available at stop & shop/shoprite? I don't think i've seen it there before, and that's coming from a guy who loves his spices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
It's baaaaaaack haha.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
**** YES, IT'S BACK.

Somebody left the gaaaaate oooooooooo-pen.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Zippy316

Old
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Damn it's ****ing cold out. I step outside for 4 seconds and it feels like my pants are made of ice.
I took my usual half hour walk during my lunch break. I regretted it almost immediately.

Quote:
What's wrong with a guy cooking? I like to cook and I'm pretty good at it. You keep on keeping on, no matter what anyone tells you.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Got inside the Brooklyn Nets locker room. I saw where they showered, **** and iced themselves.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post

Old
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
booooooo

Old
01-23-2013, 06:13 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

You know when you fart and it stinks

Old
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
That's BS. I love to cook, and can pretty much make anything. Cheesecake, pizza, french onion soup, you name it. It's very therapeutic.

Quote:
NOoooooooooooooooooooooo.

We must mobilize and stop it now before it's too late.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ot-LlyyCY

Old
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Just saw it during the Rangers game. This is terrible.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Cowbell232

I just don't understand why it plays during hockey games so much... Are we the target demographic for it?

Old
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

It was nonexistent for the better part of summer and throughout the lockout.

It's sole purpose is to drive us mad. Probably at the hands of MLS.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
booooooo
I'm sorry but of all the stereotypes out there...this one is the most accurate.

Closed Thread