HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
Kinda wanna do stuff to Michelle Beadle.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Putting myself on financial probation. Just saw my bank account.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Putting myself on financial probation. Just saw my bank account.
Ive been on that since September 2011. I will be taking myself off it by the end of the month.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
So what is the deal with the weather channel just sticking the USA model with this storm. They seem to be sticking with New England getting clobbered and us down here getting by with some flurries despite the Euro saying a foot.
Because apparently TWC would rather go with the model that had a beautiful day with bright sunny skies and birds chirping just 48 hours ago, and not the model that has correctly depicted a blizzardcaine the entire time. Idiots.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:46 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Joe Bastardi's kid is on Facebook and put out his own model. It's maybe a little aggressive for NJ, but other than that is about what's expected in most places. Still a high degree of uncertainty with this storm.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Joe Bastardi's kid is on Facebook and put out his own model. It's maybe a little aggressive for NJ, but other than that is about what's expected in most places. Still a high degree of uncertainty with this storm.

I haven't seen the latest run of the models, but from what the Euro was saying earlier I'd say this isn't a bad prediction. Definitely agree though a lot of uncertainty, at least with what the storm will do in NYC and Jersey. New England looks screwed no matter what.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:02 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

This storm will be a dud, just like the last 20 hyped up winter storms

Old
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:

Looks pretty cool. (hehe) I don't know if we like snow in NJ still (Haven't visited since end of Dec. Moved in May) But I loved snow, now we get too much... I often find myself scraping ice and snow off of my car every morning

Old
02-06-2013, 07:09 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
This storm will be a dud, just like the last 20 hyped up winter storms
There's definitely a chance this storm could bust in terms of the high totals on the map, because it relies on two storms meeting and growing (phasing), and that's always tricky if the timing isnt right. But it's not going to be a complete dud, there will definitely be snow no matter what.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

Oh my, that looks rough. I'm in either the orange or the red part, I can't tell.

I'm definitely leaving work early on Friday, if I go at all.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Oh my, that looks rough. I'm in either the orange or the red part, I can't tell.

I'm definitely leaving work early on Friday, if I go at all
Everyone is focusing on the snow, and not the wind. If everything pans out you may get near hurricane winds too, so plan for loss of power. Extra food, fill tub with h2o, beer, generator etc...

Look on the bright side though, these things often tend to be like a NASCAR crash. If you AIM for the wreck, you'll likely miss it by the time you get there, so if you're in the bulleye now, you might not be 48 hours from now.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

How will this effect travel to the game on Saturday? My brother was a moron and bought club tickets.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
CerebralGenesis

no damnit give pittsburgh a few inches

Old
02-06-2013, 10:50 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Because apparently TWC would rather go with the model that had a beautiful day with bright sunny skies and birds chirping just 48 hours ago, and not the model that has correctly depicted a blizzardcaine the entire time. Idiots.
Uh huh, because Joe Bastardi and his kid are always right. Look, it's going to snow and Saugus is going to be trapped for a month, but there's one model out of the ensemble that shows the NYC area getting wrecked. And the storm is still hypothetical. Everyone has been awful this winter with predicting this stuff. We've had a bunch of things predicted and the worst snow we've gotten this winter was the nuisance snow over the last week.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Uh huh, because Joe Bastardi and his kid are always right. Look, it's going to snow and Saugus is going to be trapped for a month, but there's one model out of the ensemble that shows the NYC area getting wrecked. And the storm is still hypothetical. Everyone has been awful this winter with predicting this stuff. We've had a bunch of things predicted and the worst snow we've gotten this winter was the nuisance snow over the last week.
We did have one storm with about 4 inches or so. Nothing too notable, but it was something. I think we may have had a decently warm day shortly thereafter to melt it pretty quick. But we did have something slightly worse than the dusting of the last week or two.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:00 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:

great so exactly where i am long island is basically ****ed.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:03 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
We did have one storm with about 4 inches or so. Nothing too notable, but it was something. I think we may have had a decently warm day shortly thereafter to melt it pretty quick. But we did have something slightly worse than the dusting of the last week or two.
Worst I've had, probably 6-7 miles ATCF from the Empire State Building, is maybe half an inch. Nothing that actually requires shoveling. More just pushing it out of the way.

The ones the last week or so weren't totally expected and during one of them I saw a few people spin out on my block.

I mean obviously at some point it's going to snow here but there's no certainty to what we could get. We could get 2 inches or 20.

Even accuweather says 3-6 with rain the middle, which wipes out whatever came before the rain.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Every model I've seen says minimum 6 inches for me.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Every model I've seen says minimum 6 inches for me.
this post is perfect, and doesnt need an accompanying joke by little ol' martyowns

Old
02-07-2013, 08:59 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
this post is perfect, and doesnt need an accompanying joke by little ol' martyowns
Really? Really?

Old
02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
1) The "ensemble" is numerous runs of 1 model, what you mean is 1 model of the different countries models.

2) The model that had NYC "getting wrecked", the ECMWF or "EURO" is widely considered by far the most accurate of weather models.

3) The 12z NAM (which depicted ZERO, NO snow for NYC just yesterday) came out about 20 minutes ago, bowing to the Euro model, and now depicts 10" to 16" for NYC.

4) The EURO model, that ran last night at 2am while we were sleeping actually brings the storm WEST, which dramatically increases the NJ snow totals (picture below).

5) Yes, you're correct, the models have been AWFUL this year (and last year too), so yes, this storm could fizzle; anything is possible, but if it does, then it will probably be the biggest embarrassment for man's confidence in computerized weather modeling in history. IMO, this time the models are too amplified to be THAT wrong.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

This isn't supposed to hit till Friday night into Saturday morning, correct?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
This isn't supposed to hit till Friday night into Saturday morning, correct?
For NJ/NYC it will be over by Saturday morning.

In NJ, I think this should start around noon Friday as rain, but it's tough to say. It may start as rain for us and transition to mix a few hours later, and then be cold enough for all snow by 6pm to 8pm. Again, it depends which model is right. Figure it should be snowing by 8pm at the latest though.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:19 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

So the 12z GFS (US government) model just came out.

Now, this is another US model that had virtually no snow for us yesterday, which is why a lot of the TV weathermen were skeptical and only had small amounts like GIC was saying (most rely on US models).

Look what it says now. That's about 5" to 9" for most of NJ and NYC. Not nearly as much snow as the European's model is predicting, but look at the trend.

The US model is continuing to move in the EU's direction. Either could be right, but IMO, I'm going with the student that is being cheated off of, not the person copying test answers off the other student.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

So basically I should stay in tomorrow night and not get stuck in the city with no subway back?

Closed Thread