HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would you offer for Corey Perry?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
  #1
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
What would you offer for Corey Perry?

Simple question. Perry is an unbelievable player.

As a Sens fan, this is the max I would offer if he came with an extension:

To Ottawa: Perry

To Anaheim: Michalek, Zibanejad, Ceci, 1st round pick.

Enough value?

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
  #2
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Simple question. Perry is an unbelievable player.

As a Sens fan, this is the max I would offer if he came with an extension:

To Ottawa: Perry

To Anaheim: Michalek, Zibanejad, Ceci, 1st round pick.

Enough value?
Perry is an great player, but even extended, that is overpayment. A 35-goal man, a great prospect in Zibby (despite how many Sens fans have inexplicably written him off at the old age of 19...), a just-drafted Dman who Brian Kilrea (who knows far more about young players than everyone on this board combined) compared to having Doughty upside, and a (at best) mid first in the deepest draft in years. That is a ridiculous amount to marginally upgrade Michalek to Perry. If that is the price, Sens pass.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:58 AM
  #3
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Perry is an great player, but even extended, that is overpayment. A 35-goal man, a great prospect in Zibby (despite how many Sens fans have inexplicably written him off at the old age of 19...), a just-drafted Dman who Brian Kilrea (who knows far more about young players than everyone on this board combined) compared to having Doughty upside, and a (at best) mid first in the deepest draft in years. That is a ridiculous amount to marginally upgrade Michalek to Perry. If that is the price, Sens pass.
Definitely a high price, and I love Milo and all, but I think Perry is a lot more than a marginal upgrade over him.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:59 AM
  #4
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 50
Just wait a year and get him for free, if its at the deadline, most I'd giveup is:

1st + Jim O'Brien + Mark Borowiecki + Stephane Da Costa

Kovalchuk went for:
The Atlanta Thrashers dealt their captain, an impending free agent, to the Devils on Thursday night for a package that includes defenseman Johnny Oduya, rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:02 AM
  #5
ChronicallyInjured
Registered User
 
ChronicallyInjured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Simple question. Perry is an unbelievable player.

As a Sens fan, this is the max I would offer if he came with an extension:

To Ottawa: Perry

To Anaheim: Michalek, Zibanejad, Ceci, 1st round pick.

Enough value?
That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)

ChronicallyInjured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
  #6
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Definitely a high price, and I love Milo and all, but I think Perry is a lot more than a marginal upgrade over him.
Maybe that is what Anaheim wants, but too much young talent going away even for a player like Corey Perry. 3 top prospects and a good top six forward? Yikes.

Not to mention he is a winger, and is going to get paid a ton of money. He is more than a marginal upgrade, but the amount of production he would have to do based on this deal, would be pretty much 50 goal 100 point seasons. Not very realistic.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
  #7
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)
Starting point model, IMO, is the Penguins deal for Hossa: They paid two role players in Armstrong and Christensen, their previous years 1st (who did turn out to be a bust but wasn't valued that way at the time), and a 1st for Hossa and Dupuis, both of whom were impending UFA's. That said, I think the Ducks get more for Perry.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:25 AM
  #8
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)
That wont get you Perry now or especially extended. Its an overpay for a UFA, but Ottawa would be insane to trade Zib for a rental.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:25 AM
  #9
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)
That's a horrible proposal. Think Kovy deal if you want perry. Btw every single playoff bound team will be wanting Perry's services if he wants out of Anaheim. So I'm sure we could find a better offer elsewhere.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
  #10
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
I think there are a lot of teams that will go into a bidding war at the deadline if it comes to that. And a lot of teams adding perry could be that piece that wins them the cup. I could see him getting more value then kovy/hossa... but that would be about the correct starting point.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
  #11
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
That wont get you Perry now or especially extended. Its an overpay for a UFA, but Ottawa would be insane to trade Zib for a rental.
Just to be clear, I wouldn't come close to that offer for 20 games of Perry. He would have to be extended. Even then, I feel uncomfortable about the trade. I didn't want to offer so little, that you guys would take me to the woodshed lol.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:33 AM
  #12
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
That's a horrible proposal. Think Kovy deal if you want perry. Btw every single playoff bound team will be wanting Perry's services if he wants out of Anaheim. So I'm sure we could find a better offer elsewhere.
How is that a horrible deal???

#6 Overall 1st round pick (Zib)
Another 1st round pick (Puempel)
Top AHL goalie, big and has a lot of potential (Bishop)
2nd Rounder- 3rd Rounder

Kovalchuk got,

Johnny Oduya (bottom 4 dman)
Niclas Bergfors (almost the same worth as Puempel)
Patrice Cormier (same as a 2nd Rounder)
New Jersey's first-round pick (24th Overall)

Zibby + Puempel alone is almost worth what Atlanta got for Kovalchuk.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  #13
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,390
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Edler and Jensen

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
  #14
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
How is that a horrible deal???

#6 Overall 1st round pick (Zib)
Another 1st round pick (Puempel)
Top AHL goalie, big and has a lot of potential (Bishop)
2nd Rounder- 3rd Rounder


Kovalchuk.
id like it more if it was zib puempel and 2013 first. And any trade id assume wed have a 2nd first added if he resigns there.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
  #15
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Edler and Jensen
Upcomign UFA we will have no use for since we will be out of the playoffs and no chance at signing him. Oh yay

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
  #16
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Just to be clear, I wouldn't come close to that offer for 20 games of Perry. He would have to be extended. Even then, I feel uncomfortable about the trade. I didn't want to offer so little, that you guys would take me to the woodshed lol.
I just don't see Perry leaving Anaheim, a place he has seemed to have loved playing in, to get traded to Ottawa and sign an immediate extension, unless they offer ridiculous 8.5-9 million money. What is Perry's reason to sign a discount deal for Ottawa when he is close to UFA?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  #17
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I just don't see Perry leaving Anaheim, a place he has seemed to have loved playing in, to get traded to Ottawa and sign an immediate extension, unless they offer ridiculous 8.5-9 million money. What is Perry's reason to sign a discount deal for Ottawa when he is close to UFA?
Not a discount. Just fair money. Be close to his family. Good young team.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:50 AM
  #18
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,390
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Upcomign UFA we will have no use for since we will be out of the playoffs and no chance at signing him. Oh yay
Pending UFA for pending UFA plus you get one of Vancouver's top prospects. What do you mean you have no chance at signing him?

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
  #19
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Pending UFA for pending UFA plus you get one of Vancouver's top prospects. What do you mean you have no chance at signing him?
The only way we trade Perry is if we are out of the playoffs race so a UFA has ZERO value to us. I am 99% sure Edler wont sign with us. And if he did, it would be gross overpayment.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
  #20
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Pending UFA for pending UFA plus you get one of Vancouver's top prospects. What do you mean you have no chance at signing him?
I think the point is why would we want to trade perry for stuff we may not have after the season... were not trading perry for a risk, i think wed rather have a signed player/ prospects/ picks

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #21
General Granny*
 
General Granny*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
Holy over payment batman.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #22
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I think there are a lot of teams that will go into a bidding war at the deadline if it comes to that. And a lot of teams adding perry could be that piece that wins them the cup. I could see him getting more value then kovy/hossa... but that would be about the correct starting point.
I could see him getting more than Kovy simply because Don Waddell is the stupidest ****ing GM on the face of the planet. I'd take Kovalchuk from Atlanta over Perry all day though.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
  #23
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Krejci with an agreement inplace for an extension with Perry

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:17 AM
  #24
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
I'd rather wait till the FA period...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
  #25
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Perry is an great player, but even extended, that is overpayment. A 35-goal man, a great prospect in Zibby (despite how many Sens fans have inexplicably written him off at the old age of 19...), a just-drafted Dman who Brian Kilrea (who knows far more about young players than everyone on this board combined) compared to having Doughty upside, and a (at best) mid first in the deepest draft in years. That is a ridiculous amount to marginally upgrade Michalek to Perry. If that is the price, Sens pass.
Wow, the coach of Ceci pumps up said player.

This is new and exciting.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.