HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Gomez a San Jose Shark - 1 year $700k

View Poll Results: Gomez. Yea or nay?
No... not a chance. You go to hell and you die... 86 38.57%
Yes. On the cheap only... < 1M 85 38.12%
Yes. Willing to bid with other clubs... < 1.5M 43 19.28%
Yes. Call me crazy... 1.5M+ 9 4.04%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
njdevil26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
What number should Gomez have when he returns?
15... or 7 once Tallinder is traded haha.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Sth like this.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
no number- just a huge sombrero under his name. his sleeve numbers can be substituted for "$$"- his scarlet letter, of sorts

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Sth like this.

Hey at least Gomez went to play for teams that wanted him as a centerpiece of their future.... Nasri just took the money and went to a team to hardly get any playing time.

Old
CerebralGenesis

So like 55?

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
engy

vCash: 50
I say sign him then trade him for datsyuk

engy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
devsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Personally if he does sign with the Devils I'll think he really wishes he had stayed, and really does like being there. Cause we know teams will be offering him contracts, and I doubt Lou would try to outbid for him. If he comes back I think it will be because he wants to be with the Devils, and I personally will feel that he wishes to have never left, but at the same time is glad he didn't bury us with that stupid contract. Now if he signs for some stupid money, then I won't be sold on believing that.

I only think he comes if Lou wants him, and if he will take less than some of the other teams are throwing at him.
THIS

Scott Gomez has had on ice success with a grand total of one hockey club...the Devils. I do not see the risk in a 1 year $1 mill or less contract as a reclamation project. The worst that happens is he sucks beyond oblivion and he is waived at the blink of an eye. No cap harm. No team distraction. Team goes about their business. The best thing that can happen..Gomez finds himself has a 50 + point season and establishes some good team chemistry on the team he is comfortable with and helps us win some hockey games.

If he makes the team better I'm okay with exploring the idea of bringing him back here. Anything more than 1 year or 1 mill is a different story but I don't see the argument against a no risk contract. Just my humble.

Had we had a deeper group of prospects at forward where he might be interfering with a spot for them than Id also be against it but we are much stronger in youth on the blue line than up front. I say give it a try. It cannot hurt. Especially in this asterisk season.

devsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
you people calling for his signing are ****ing bananas. for ****s sake why? whyyyy? hes a ****ing mess and if lou didnt give him what he wanted years ago...and for the same player when he left, why would he pay some of this sather contract for a shell of a shell of a taco of his former self? seriously **** gomer and **** you clowns. gol

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:39 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
you people calling for his signing are ****ing bananas. for ****s sake why? whyyyy? hes a ****ing mess and if lou didnt give him what he wanted years ago...and for the same player when he left, why would he pay some of this sather contract for a shell of a shell of a taco of his former self? seriously **** gomer and **** you clowns. gol
mad bro?

Old
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
apice3*

He's no longer on Sather's contract but aside from that I agree 110%. Gomez sucks.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:44 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
He's no longer on Sather's contract but aside from that I agree 110%. Gomez sucks.
i thought those complete buyouts werent available until the summer? either way whatever. he sucks and i hate his stupid face. hes a stupid face.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:45 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
mad bro?
ones in the khl and the other belongs there.

hey...i can see alaska from here!!!! el derppppo

Old
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
tycobb

How was Gomez not successful with the Rangers? He put up 70 pts and 58 pts on a bad team. That was good for 2nd and 1st on the team.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:48 AM
apice3*

Quote:
i thought those complete buyouts werent available until the summer? either way whatever. he sucks and i hate his stupid face. hes a stupid face.
Yeah, the new CBA allowed two amnesty buyouts by summer 2014 where the player gets paid in full, counts against cap this year, but is off the cap each of the following season. Redden hits the Rangers cap for 5.6M, I believe, but next year is gone.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:50 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
How was Gomez not successful with the Rangers? He put up 70 pts and 58 pts on a bad team. That was good for 2nd and 1st on the team.
He was fine his first year, but I wouldn't pay 7.5M dollars for a guy who can only score 58 points.

There is a website called DID GOMEZ SCORE LAST NIGHT? That should tell you enough about how bad this guy is.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
devsfan8

Quote:
You act like the majority want him here on a 3 year 3.5 mill per.

1 year $800k GM's will be lining up for him. Its not about the money with him now. Its about finding himself and NJ might be the best place for that to happen.

I want somebody to explain to me the risk of a 1 year contract at a low cap hit? IF he sucks his spot in the lineup is re opened and his bags are packed.

The guy is also a likeable player. HE wouldn't be a locker room distraction or burden. He knows guys like Elias and Brodeur well.

Nobody (at least the reasonable people) are saying he should get a Sather type contract. Lou or any GM needs to resign if that were even a second of thought in their heads. But to me a 1 year less than a mill contract is worth a go. There is nothing I can think of in my head that is negative about this.

devsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:56 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
read the post directly above yours...thats where most reasonable people stand. although i do agree that he probably likes tacos

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan8 View Post
You act like the majority want him here on a 3 year 3.5 mill per.

1 year $800k GM's will be lining up for him. Its not about the money with him now. Its about finding himself and NJ might be the best place for that to happen.

I want somebody to explain to me the risk of a 1 year contract at a low cap hit? IF he sucks his spot in the lineup is re opened and his bags are packed.

The guy is also a likeable player. HE wouldn't be a locker room distraction or burden. He knows guys like Elias and Brodeur well.

Nobody (at least the reasonable people) are saying he should get a Sather type contract. Lou or any GM needs to resign if that were even a second of thought in their heads. But to me a 1 year less than a mill contract is worth a go. There is nothing I can think of in my head that is negative about this.
There's not really a monetary risk but it's a complete waste of a roster spot.

This team has 2 goalies, 8 D, and 10 forwards guaranteed to make the roster. That leaves 3 forward spots for Janssen, Barch, Tedenby, Butler, Darche, Matteau, and possibly Sykora.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
CerebralGenesis

Leaves Jannsen, Butler, Tedenby with Darche waiting for a contract. Add Gomez and send Tedenby to Albany.

You'll see Tedenby probably in 2 weeks once injuries happen and Matteau next year probs.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:03 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
He was fine his first year, but I wouldn't pay 7.5M dollars for a guy who can only score 58 points.

There is a website called DID GOMEZ SCORE LAST NIGHT? That should tell you enough about how bad this guy is.
Because people are never unfair. Gomez hasn't played for a good team since the Devils. The closest was when MTL surprisingly was able to make a playoff run in 2010. Gomez was 3rd in points for that playoff team and 2nd for the regular season.

Gomez only had 1 high goal scoring season. How can you expected him to put up a lot of points when the team was 25th out of 30th for goal scored (Rangers when Gomez put up 58 pts)

You would have to put up 80+ points along with great defense to be worth 7.5 million. How is it Gomez fault that some idiot gave him that ridiculous contract?

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
njdevil26

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson/Gomez-Butler
Zubrus-Josefson/Gomez-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Darche-Barch

Greene-Salvador
Larsson-Volchenkov
Fayne-Zidlicky
Harrold

Brodeur
Hedberg

Tedenby and Janssen to Albany
Tallinder to random team for draft picks

Old
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

im not multiquoting becuase this whole argument is pointless. i dont care if only 2 or 10 want him here. hes a trainwreck just waiting for us to turn on him. and we will. give it five games when he hasnt had a point, and is taken off the pp, and is making gionta and bernier look bad. its a bad idea and i just cant see lou doing it.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

i will say if lou can pay him in hair, or maybe gum, and he promises to not ruin deebos system, then maybe....maybe id be slightly more interested.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson/Gomez-Butler
Zubrus-Josefson/Gomez-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Darche-Barch

Greene-Salvador
Larsson-Volchenkov
Fayne-Zidlicky
Harrold

Brodeur
Hedberg

Tedenby and Janssen to Albany
Tallinder to random team for draft picks
Send Barch with Tallinder & I'd say this is right on.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
TheSituation

TheSituation is offline   Reply With Quote