Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 03:21 PM
ExtremeHockeyFan

vCash: 500
2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Now that the 2012 one is over, it's time to begin to look forward to the next one! And yes, I know it's only been one day!

For those who have been watching the 1997's, who are your favourite player's at this point? I hear Konecny from the Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs is really good.

Old
04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Garyboy

Jeremy Bracco, Mitchell Stephens, Zach Werenski are three to keep an eye on.

Old
04-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Dylan Strome, Mathew Baker

going to be an interesting fall..see what the kids do this summer as far as training and growing...

Old
04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
Now that the 2012 one is over, it's time to begin to look forward to the next one! And yes, I know it's only been one day!

For those who have been watching the 1997's, who are your favourite player's at this point? I hear Konecny from the Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs is really good.

I watched him all year and he was far and away the best player in the Alliance league. I haven't seen anyone from GTHL but this guy should be up there for sure.

Scores, hits, speed to burn.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:30 PM
scotty171

Blake speers from sault ste Marie is a very good player as well.

Old
04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
The Scouting Report

Zach Werenski is good, real good. He legitimately could have been an exceptional player this year if he was committed to playing in the OHL. If he's coming next year, he is probably the #1 prospect at this point. Think Jacob Trouba.

Mitchell Stephens was dominant all season long and was the MVP at the OHF's. The Marlies will be very strong once again next year.

Other players to watch include the aforementioned players.

Jeremy Bracco played up at the OHL Cup and was very effective, scoring a couple very nice goals. He's very small though and could be looking at the NCAA.

Old
04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post

Konecny is a spectacular player. Gotta catch him more next season.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Konecny is a spectacular player. Gotta catch him more next season.
Elgin Middlesex has some really strong players for next year's draft. Konecny is the best of the bunch. Mayo is probably the best defenseman in the Alliance league. Crouse is a real good scoring forward too.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Elgin Middlesex has some really strong players for next year's draft. Konecny is the best of the bunch. Mayo is probably the best defenseman in the Alliance league. Crouse is a real good scoring forward too.
Way to earlier to be wasting your time trying to pimp your kids, having just gone through the draft believe me when I say things will change big time come next year. Bottom line if yoiu want your kid to be drafted next year put him in a vigorous training program this summer so he is ready come September. Also make sure your kid is on a team that will be going to all the major tournament (Titan ealy bird, Silver Stick, Marlies Christmas Tournament, Peterborough tournament and either the HAmilton Rep or Branford Tournament (last two are minor). Also making it to the OHL cup will likely improve your kids selection by at least 2 rounds as this is where most of the GM`s will see your boy. Scouts will be at most of your other games, but they only play a small role in the selection process. G.M.`s make the final decision.

If your kid is a marginal chioce for a draft pick, get an advisor or do some self promoting as the last 5 rounds are mostly filled with favors-not sour grapes as my kid was selected in earlier rounds just reality. Also do not get too excited about scouting reports such as Scout.ca, hockey prospects, scouting Report etc. I will not jump on the bandwagon and accuse these organization of being bias towards subscibers, but just to say that most of what they say is quite irrlevant to some of the final decisions made. I you are a hockey junkie, good reading but not a real indication of which kids will be drafted.

Anyway just my two cents worth.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
HackeyFan8

OMHA has quite a few

Old
04-09-2012, 11:02 AM
ktownhockey

Luchuck is Kingston's top 97 should be a first rounder. They have several others who will be drafted also.

Old
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
UppA45

[QUOTE=The Scouting Report;47597979]Zach Werenski is good, real good. He legitimately could have been an exceptional player this year if he was committed to playing in the OHL. If he's coming next year, he is probably the #1 prospect at this point. Think Jacob Trouba...

I have heard Werenski is really good! How would you compare him to how Ekblad was overall last year at the same age?

Old
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Garyboy

[QUOTE=UppA45;47608091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scouting Report View Post
Zach Werenski is good, real good. He legitimately could have been an exceptional player this year if he was committed to playing in the OHL. If he's coming next year, he is probably the #1 prospect at this point. Think Jacob Trouba...

I have heard Werenski is really good! How would you compare him to how Ekblad was overall last year at the same age?
Ekblad was much more dominant based on my viewings of the two. Werenski was one of the better Minor Midget defensemen playing up a year, while Ekblad was the premier Minor Midget defenseman when he played up a year.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:16 AM
doogie24

Ethan Szypula from London, where would be be slotted compared to the rest of the 97 class

Watched him in the Highschool finals this year and was the best player on the ice as a grade 9 (yes London HS hockey is very watered down these days)

Old
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

[QUOTE=UppA45;47608091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scouting Report View Post
Zach Werenski is good, real good. He legitimately could have been an exceptional player this year if he was committed to playing in the OHL. If he's coming next year, he is probably the #1 prospect at this point. Think Jacob Trouba...

Werenski is the best 97 in the country period. I would argue and say he may be the best 97dman in North America, but that might be "over pimping" him. He really is that good.

He has played up since I can recall watching him, the kid just has that ability to dominate from the blueline at all times. He is much more higher end then Trouba was at the same age, and much can change by the time Werenski gets his name picked for the OHL draft, he is a special player.

The 97's are a very high end and deep birth year for the US...a lot of midwest kids to love. This could be a very big draft for the US and the OHL.

keep an eye on Zach Osburn, Ryan Moore, and Daniel Sprong... all high end kids, much to like for their future.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
Ethan Szypula from London, where would be be slotted compared to the rest of the 97 class

Watched him in the Highschool finals this year and was the best player on the ice as a grade 9 (yes London HS hockey is very watered down these days)
He would be London's forward, and maybe their best player. In terms of the Alliance, he's probably be there 4th or 5th best forward, and 10th best of all positions.

Probably a 2nd/3rd rounder next year.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
doogie24

Appreciated, thanks!

Love the skillset, but looked pretty small. I know virtually nothing about the 97 group, excited to start getting familiar!

Old
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
kingscout

As far as prospects from the g:
Joshua Defarias-Marlies
Kyle Capobianco-Marlies
Mitch Stephens-Marlies
Jesse Saban-TR
Mitch Marner-Vaughn
Jeremy Bracco-Vaughn
Noah Robinson and Robert Monti also look promising.

Also Watch out for front runners Cole Mayo,Travis Konecny and Brett Primeau

Old
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
walker33

i heard connor chlichling is very good AP in OHL cup for marlies and sam harding also possibly a top 3 talent thats how good he is.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
Appreciated, thanks!

Love the skillset, but looked pretty small. I know virtually nothing about the 97 group, excited to start getting familiar!
Skillset has always been there. It's the intangibles that might be missing.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
jntadt22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscout View Post
As far as prospects from the g:
Joshua Defarias-Marlies
Kyle Capobianco-Marlies
Mitch Stephens-Marlies
Jesse Saban-TR
Mitch Marner-Vaughn
Jeremy Bracco-VaughnNoah Robinson and Robert Monti also look promising.

Also Watch out for front runners Cole Mayo,Travis Konecny and Brett Primeau
I thought Jeremy Bracco played for the Long Island Gulls. Unless he's moving to Vaughan for his Midget Minor year?!?

Old
04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
kingscout

my apologies,your right.Jeremy Bracco plays for the Long Island Gulls,I don't know how that slipped up.

Old
04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Brocco and 6-7 other top 97's will be on a stacked NJ Rockets Jr B team for the upcoming season...will be an OHL scouts one-stop shop.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Ottomatic

Any good kids coming out of Sun County/Windsor area - seemed to have a down year this year.

Old
04-14-2012, 07:07 PM
mapleleaf979

Connor Schliticting and Mitchell Stephens from the Marlies are pretty darn good. Stephens skates incredibly well and stick handles amazing. Stephens could have played up this year all season and fit in very well. Stephens just won Offsa Championship with Mcdavid at Peac, won the GTHL and won OHF MVP.

Closed Thread