HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect

Old
11-26-2012, 06:32 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect

Manchester Monarchs RW Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Again, the rest of the league thinks that TT is an over hyped one trick pony, don't wake the baby. Nice write up. I enjoyed reading it. Your work always solid just gets better and better.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Did Dean trade up to pick Tyler Toffoli ? He dealt a 4th round pick, just to move up two spots. I never knew. TT hasnt even hit NHL surface yet, but great move so far.

2010-Jun-26 Draft pick rights traded from Colorado Avalanche to Los Angeles Kings for round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Calvin Pickard) and round 4 pick in the 2010 draft (Alex Theriau).

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:34 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I wish there is some way Toffoli can crack into the roster. I think this kid is special.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I wish there is some way Toffoli can crack into the roster. I think this kid is special.
I think he gets his chance next year

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Toffoli's best bet is to beat our Lewis next year and to one day take Williams' job or switch sides and take the spot of Penner/Gagne. Obviously Brown, Kopitar, Richards, and Carter aren't going anywhere anytime soon and it will likely be a couple years before he gets a crack at Williams' spot. Just needs to fight his way on. He's looking good though, I have no doubt he can do it.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:14 PM
PRMan

He should stay ready this season. The last 48-game compressed season had a LOT of injuries. We may need him sooner than we want.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
DaAnimal

Deano has said that he doesn't expect TT to crack the roster this year. His development according to Deano is ahead of schedule. I believe he's a long term project. Maybe not as long as Forbert but in the next few years we should see him in a Kings uniform. I am quite excited about this player. I agree that he is somewhat overhyped but TT is a purse offensive talent. When was the last time the Kings had a pure offensive prospect?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Deano has said that he doesn't expect TT to crack the roster this year. His development according to Deano is ahead of schedule. I believe he's a long term project. Maybe not as long as Forbert but in the next few years we should see him in a Kings uniform. I am quite excited about this player. I agree that he is somewhat overhyped but TT is a purse offensive talent. When was the last time the Kings had a pure offensive prospect?
I don't think you can call someone who is third in AHL goal scoring (especially when there was a ton of NHL talent in the league due to the lockout) as a rookie a "project." With Penner and Gagne potentially gone next year, there will be a spot open for Toffoli.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Johnny Utah

I think maybe in two seasons he makes it. Even if Gagne and Penner depart this summer I see Lombardi making UFA moves to replace...he is all for guys paying dues in the AHL.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Toffoli is going to be ready next season. He's going to be a true homegrown star for the Kings.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Toffoli's best bet is to beat our Lewis next year and to one day take Williams' job or switch sides and take the spot of Penner/Gagne. Obviously Brown, Kopitar, Richards, and Carter aren't going anywhere anytime soon and it will likely be a couple years before he gets a crack at Williams' spot. Just needs to fight his way on. He's looking good though, I have no doubt he can do it.
Very good post. Perfect Williams replacement.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

"...battle along the boards..." these are the key words that were missing from his future-King resume.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
"...battle along the boards..." these are the key words that were missing from his future-King resume.
Have you even watched him play in Manchester this year?

Old
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Have you even watched him play in Manchester this year?
Nope. I rely purely on people here and other sites for our minor league reports...

I wish I had more time to watch Kings games let alone Monarchs games.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Nope. I rely purely on people here and other sites for our minor league reports...

I wish I had more time to watch Kings games let alone Monarchs games.
Toffoli hasn't shied away from physical play along the boards at all this season. There's a reason he received an invite to Kings' "training camp" this year, and that's because his entire game has been impressive, not just his goal scoring.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:23 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
This was the story that started this thread...based on the comments here, I'm guessing some haven't read it...

Manchester Monarchs RW Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:04 AM
HockeyCA

I have watched more than enough Monarchs games to have a pretty good idea of where Toffolis game is at. Personally I think there are probably 2 guys down in Manchester that are getting the absolute shaft.. In terms of Toffolis game, he seems to have his moments. Doesn't play with a whole lot of intensity, kind of floats around, tries to get to his spot on the ice where he can get a shot off. Off the top of my head I can probably count at least 3 goals that were absolute flukes, not including the many empty netters he's had.
Anyways, do I think he's a decent player, yes. Do I think he's ready to be a full time NHLer, no way. Do I think he should have been given an invite to Training Camp over some of the other guys in Manchester? Nope. Point is, his skating is still mediocre, his intensity is somewhat average, but he has a very good shot. Wonder what kind of message this sends to Loktionov, Kozun, and to a lesser extent Vey.. You know guys who have paid their dues in the minors, only to see the Kings call up a kid who's been down there for half a year. Toffoli is no sure thing, those of us who have watched a lot of Manchester games this year understand this.

HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:44 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
I have watched more than enough Monarchs games to have a pretty good idea of where Toffolis game is at. Personally I think there are probably 2 guys down in Manchester that are getting the absolute shaft.. In terms of Toffolis game, he seems to have his moments. Doesn't play with a whole lot of intensity, kind of floats around, tries to get to his spot on the ice where he can get a shot off. Off the top of my head I can probably count at least 3 goals that were absolute flukes, not including the many empty netters he's had.
Anyways, do I think he's a decent player, yes. Do I think he's ready to be a full time NHLer, no way. Do I think he should have been given an invite to Training Camp over some of the other guys in Manchester? Nope. Point is, his skating is still mediocre, his intensity is somewhat average, but he has a very good shot. Wonder what kind of message this sends to Loktionov, Kozun, and to a lesser extent Vey.. You know guys who have paid their dues in the minors, only to see the Kings call up a kid who's been down there for half a year. Toffoli is no sure thing, those of us who have watched a lot of Manchester games this year understand this.
Loktionov has been with the big club, they have seen him with the main roster plenty and his future isn't with the Kings organization. I don't think Kozun will ever take the ice for the Kings barring a rash of injuries, he's just too small. Toffoli is the logical choice to come up because he is a goal scoring wing who will likely be given an opportunity to make the Kings next year due to the departures of Penner and Gagne, it's not that hard to understand.

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 01-16-2013 at 02:58 AM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
No, that's just your opinion, and there are many here (including myself) who wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
No, that's just your opinion, and there are many here (including myself) who wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment.
You think Toffoli is a sure thing? How many Monarchs games have you watched this year? Stats can be deceiving, sometimes. I have a feeling your going to be surely disappointed.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
stonedhenge

Quote:
You think Toffoli is a sure thing? How many Monarchs games have you watched this year? Stats can be deceiving, sometimes. I have a feeling your going to be surely disappointed.
Well Sutter said Toffoli is a sure thing, so...

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:30 AM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
Well Sutter said Toffoli is a sure thing, so...
Sutters a great coach.. Sometimes not the best eye for talent. Ask the Calgary Flames.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I haven't kept track of the exact number, but I would say a good majority. I bought the AHL Live package specifically to keep track of the Kings' best prospects down there. I never said he was a sure thing, but I strongly disagree with your portrayal of his play down there this year. I say that because I have been impressed with his willingness to get involved in the play along the boards and do more than just float in the slot. His skating issues are so far overblown, too. The kid skates just fine and has more than enough footspeed to keep up at any level.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Sutters a great coach.. Sometimes not the best eye for talent. Ask the Calgary Flames.
So, you're saying you have a better eye for talent than a Stanley Cup winning NHL coach?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote