Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

vCash: 50
Barkov, Gauthier & Mueller are my preferences.

Question.

If there was no way to trade up with the St. Louis pick would you be willing to trade down with it to gain an extra 2nd round pick?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:08 PM
herashak

jones
mantha
hartman

Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Nah guys like this:

MacKinnon
Pulock
Petan

Old
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post

Question.

If there was no way to trade up with the St. Louis pick would you be willing to trade down with it to gain an extra 2nd round pick?
i'd trade the pits pick 25-30 for 35-40 + 50-55

Old
04-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Let's not discount a St. Louis-Pittsburgh Cup final which means the 29th and 30th picks for us.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
tyflames

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Nah guys like this:

MacKinnon
Pulock
Petan

I would be happy with this but I would prefer a player like Hartman instead of Petan because of Petan's size.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Let's not discount a St. Louis-Pittsburgh Cup final which means the 29th and 30th picks for us.

People have Calgary picking at like 16-18 with the St. Louis pick; people aren't giving the credit this team deserves, because they haven't followed them at all.
This team's a legit class-of-the-West team, it's healthy, if the goalies simply play a simple game, they only face 16-22/3 shots a game. Chicago, LA and Anaheim I see as the only three teams that could give the Blues a run in the playoffs. Teams like Vancouver, SJ, Detroit and Minny will get rolled over.

Honestly, in my personal opinion, Blues have a better chance at the cup than Pittsburgh does. They play that tight defensive game, they have the best top pairing in the league, they have size and skill up and down the lineup; it's the perfect mix that screams playoff team. All three lines are dangerous; people need to be aware of how good these guys are.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:51 PM
tyflames

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
People have Calgary picking at like 16-18 with the St. Louis pick; people aren't giving the credit this team deserves, because they haven't followed them at all.
This team's a legit class-of-the-West team, it's healthy, if the goalies simply play a simple game, they only face 16-22/3 shots a game. Chicago, LA and Anaheim I see as the only three teams that could give the Blues a run in the playoffs. Teams like Vancouver, SJ, Detroit and Minny will get rolled over.

Honestly, in my personal opinion, Blues have a better chance at the cup than Pittsburgh does. They play that tight defensive game, they have the best top pairing in the league, they have size and skill up and down the lineup; it's the perfect mix that screams playoff team. All three lines are dangerous; people need to be aware of how good these guys are.
I agree with this. I'd say it's likely that both those picks are in the 25-30 range unfortunately

Old
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
I agree with this. I'd say it's likely that both those picks are in the 25-30 range unfortunately
Well they are at best the #4/5 seed as they clearly won't win their division.
That means they will likely have to beat LA in the first round, and then Chicago in the 2nd (assuming the favorites win) round in order for their draft pick to be in that range.

The draft pick will in all likely hood be around 21st-23rd.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

I'm getting very excited to see who we pick. I love the thought of picking up a 1C for Sven.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:17 AM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
I'm getting very excited to see who we pick. I love the thought of picking up a 1C for Sven.
or a #1 D partner for brodie

Old
04-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
or a #1 D partner for brodie
Anything that will benefit us in the long term is good for me. I want to see us as cup contenders in the next 3-4 years (even that feels too far away)

Old
04-12-2013, 12:46 AM
herashak

Quote:
Anything that will benefit us in the long term is good for me. I want to see us as cup contenders in the next 3-4 years (even that feels too far away)
I wouldn't be surprised if we can push for a playoff spot after next season.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:55 AM
major major

Jackets fan here. Best of luck with your rebuild, and you've got a great way to jump start it with all those first rounders. I'm a former Flames fan who's stopped following the team out of boredom, I hope that changes soon.

I think when it comes to deciding between Mackinnon / Barkov / Drouin if you miss out on Jones, consider the franchise value that a center provides. The Flames, Jackets, Leafs, and probably other teams as well, should really know that a franchise center is much more valuable to build around than a franchise winger like Iginla, Kessel or Nash. I actually think of Drouin as a better player than the two centers, but I doubt that it will be better to build around him.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Tapu Debe
DBU

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Jackets fan here. Best of luck with your rebuild, and you've got a great way to jump start it with all those first rounders. I'm a former Flames fan who's stopped following the team out of boredom, I hope that changes soon.

I think when it comes to deciding between Mackinnon / Barkov / Drouin if you miss out on Jones, consider the franchise value that a center provides. The Flames, Jackets, Leafs, and probably other teams as well, should really know that a franchise center is much more valuable to build around than a franchise winger like Iginla, Kessel or Nash. I actually think of Drouin as a better player than the two centers, but I doubt that it will be better to build around him.
I absolutely agree. This has to be the draft we get the center we've been dying for.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post

Question.

Yes, a long as there isnt a player that management is particularly high on there.

In reality there is a very small chance the Flames hit on all 3 picks. When you get to the later part of the first round in a draft like this, it will be best to hedge our bets and acquire as many assets as possible. With more lottery tickets tickets, a better chance of striking it rich.

I am alos pro-trading up and that would be my primary goal.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:54 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
..... they only face 16-22/3 shots a game.
They face 24.3 shots per game.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Yes, a long as there isnt a player that management is particularly high on there.

In reality there is a very small chance the Flames hit on all 3 picks. When you get to the later part of the first round in a draft like this, it will be best to hedge our bets and acquire as many assets as possible. With more lottery tickets tickets, a better chance of striking it rich.

I am alos pro-trading up and that would be my primary goal.
thats kind of what I was thinking

Old
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Add another 2-3 years onto your wishlist there bud.

We havent even been bad a full regular season yet. Look at how long its taking Edmonton to come out of horrible-ville.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
TylerSVT*

P.S. the only way i see non-playoff teams trading picks, is after the lottery. (can you even trade before then?)

Old
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Ill be ecstatic with either of jones,mackinnon,barkov. Nothing against drouin but the flames desperately need a center. Jones will go #1 and I don't see us getting the #1 pick probably 2-4 so that leaves barkov and mackinnon. Either would be great but a part of me leans to barkov because of his size and the fact that he already plays in a men's league and is probably one of the most NHL ready prospects in this draft, despite being the youngest

Old
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

My preference:
Barkov/mackinnon
Josh Morrissey
J.T compher

Old
04-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 160
I really think the Flames need a defenseman with one of their first round picks. Maybe not Jones (he won't be around anyway, unless there's lottery winnings afoot) or Nurse, but after watching some youtube footage and reading scouting reports I'd really like to see the Flames try and pick up Robert Hagg, who should be available in the bottom half of the draft.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I really think the Flames need a defenseman with one of their first round picks. Maybe not Jones (he won't be around anyway, unless there's lottery winnings afoot) or Nurse, but after watching some youtube footage and reading scouting reports I'd really like to see the Flames try and pick up Robert Hagg, who should be available in the bottom half of the draft.
Agreed!!
Assuming we get a C with our top 5 pick, hopefully a defensemen namely Hagg in my opinion is available with one of our later 1st round picks

So my picks would be
Mackinnon/Barkov
Hagg/Morrissey
Lazar/Hartman

Last edited by The Hendog: 04-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

for defensemen I would also like Ristolainen (about as unliekly as getting Nurse though) since he should go top 10.

Pulock and Morrisey could be good choices with the St. Louis pick.
Hagg, Santini, Mueller, Theodore and Thompson could all be options with the Pens pick.

Closed Thread