Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Lets say we don't end up with a top 4 pick. Possibly in the 5/6 range. If a team, I could see Tampa Bay, does not hold the Russian Factor against players they could take Nichuskin in the top 3. They took Vaseleski (however its spelt) last year. If they take him in the top 3. That leaves us with a chance for Drouin/Nurse/Barkov in the 4/5/6 position.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The North View Post
We have three picks in the first round; they can go off the board with the later picks.
A player we should look at with our late first rounders, not really off the board, is Michael McCarron.
We need size and mobility. He may not score a lot but he is already 6-5 227. Fought a couple times this year and 10 points in 19 games.

My hope is:
4-7th overall: Barkov or Monaghan
20-25th overall: Domi or Klimchuck
25th-30th overall: McCoshen or Bowey

Also interested based on drops or reaches in the draft:
Zykov
Mueller
Hartman

Old
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

vCash: 50
Im hoping with our 1sts, we walk away with:
C Sean Monahan
and 2 of;
RW Ryan Hartman
D Josh Morrissey
D Robert Hagg

Old
04-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

One of:
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichuskin

And two of:
Lazar
Domi
Gauthier
Hartman

Old
04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
One of:
Jones (Lottery win)
Monahan

Lindholm
Nichuskin

And two of:
Lazar
Domi
Gauthier
Hartman
I agree with your list and highlighted my preferences.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
One of:
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichuskin

And two of:
Lazar
Domi
Gauthier
Hartman
No interest in getting a defenseman with Pittsburgh's pick? We certainly do need help up front but we need a future top 4 D-man fairly bad.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:43 PM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
No interest in getting a defenseman with Pittsburgh's pick? We certainly do need help up front but we need a future top 4 D-man fairly bad.
has anyone seen ian mccoshen play. seems like a good pick

Old
04-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Flames1217

1 name, Anthony Mantha. Thats all that needs to be said.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:51 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
1 name, Anthony Mantha. Thats all that needs to be said.
Wennberg

Old
04-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
I'm not overly crazy about some of the defensive prospects in this draft where I suspect our picks will fall. Looking at our pool, yeah, we do need some good D prospects. Short of some of the better one's falling (Zadorov, Nurse, Pulock, etc.) I have no interest in some of the defensemen I think that will be available from 20-30 over the forwards I listed.

Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Would love if Pulock is available at St. Louis pick.

Old
Flames1217

If we pick Mantha, the tandem of Mantha-Jankowski-Other Big Bodied player, would give us a very legit 2 line in the future. Mantha is a beast, He hits, fights, has super tight hands, and a rediculas shot. I would be pissed if we passed up the oppertunity to pick this guy with the 6-7th pick. Going to be a very important part of the lucky organization which grabs him in the draft.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
If we pick Mantha, the tandem of Mantha-Jankowski-Other Big Bodied player, would give us a very legit 2 line in the future. Mantha is a beast, He hits, fights, has super tight hands, and a rediculas shot. I would be pissed if we passed up the oppertunity to pick this guy with the 6-7th pick. Going to be a very important part of the lucky organization which grabs him in the draft.
Wait you want to draft Anthony Mantha with our 1st pick? As in the 5-8th overall pick?

With the St. Louis pick, sure, but ISS for example has him 10th overall among North American skaters. Throw in European skaters and he could very well slip to the 2nd half of the 1st round.

Edit: In fact I did a quick count on the European list and there are 8 guys I'd consider it not being strange if they were picked before, or around Mantha. So possibly throw in a goalie or two as well, and he can go anywhere from 15-25 imo.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Flames1217

Quote:
Wait you want to draft Anthony Mantha with our 1st pick? As in the 5-8th overall pick?

With the St. Louis pick, sure, but ISS for example has him 10th overall among North American skaters. Throw in European skaters and he could very well slip to the 2nd half of the 1st round.
I would draft him with our first pick forsure, I live in the region and see this guy play often. I doubt he makes it to the second half of the first round, If he does then he is one hell of a steal. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
I would draft him with our first pick forsure, I live in the region and see this guy play often. I doubt he makes it to the second half of the first round, If he does then he is one hell of a steal. We will just have to wait and see I guess.
I don't question that Mantha is a great prospect. From the footage I've seen of him in limited viewings, he has impressed. I just don't think he's on the same level as some of the guys available in the top 10. I'd love to pick him up though with a later pick.

Despite my wants, I still suspect management will go with a defenseman with the St. Louis pick assuming it's from the 17-22 area. Unless they really surprise and take a defenseman with our first.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Feel The Heat

Quote:

Edit: In fact I did a quick count on the European list and there are 8 guys I'd consider it not being strange if they were picked before, or around Mantha. So possibly throw in a goalie or two as well, and he can go anywhere from 15-25 imo.
Yeah I agree. Do not waste the first pick on Mantha. St.louis or the Penguins most definitely. Could use a large RW.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Zoombie

Well, draft day is going to be exciting thats for sure. I just hope Feaster doesn't pick a goalie with each of the first rounders...

Old
04-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Well, draft day is going to be exciting thats for sure. I just hope Feaster doesn't pick a goalie with each of the first rounders...
HF would implode. Calgary fans would lynch Feaster and burn down the Dome. North Korea would look at the City of Calgary while it burns to the ground and be like, "damn, maybe we should play nice with others."

Old
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Thank god you aren't our GM, he is not a top 10 pick and he may not even go top 20.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
has anyone seen ian mccoshen play. seems like a good pick
Yes, I have... Not as much as I would like to formulate a proper scouting report, but he looks like #4D at worst... Probably end up with a really solid #2/3 in 4-5yrs...

He's committed to Boston College. That will be great for his development (great program). He's also a man-child, with a booming shot, and good skating. He has the package to develop into something special.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Was just reading up on Monahan some more and one scout described him as being "almost automatic win on the faceoff dot". I want him even more now.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
I'm really excited for draft day this year. Moreso than any other year, though I guess that goes without saying. After last year's draft, I'm very apprehensive to try to prognosticate too much. Clearly, anything can happen.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Was just reading up on Monahan some more and one scout described him as being "almost automatic win on the faceoff dot". I want him even more now.
I dunno. It would be weird to have our team above 45% in the faceoff circle. I don't know if I'd get used to it.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I've had a man crush on Monahan for a long time, we would be lucky to get him. I see him being somewhere in between Couturier and Toews.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I do as well. We don't know what management thinks of Monahan though...
He's a center, has size, skill, FO ability and plays an excellent 2-way game. Should have higher ceiling than ROR. I'm sure he's definitely on their radar considering we almost gave away this pick to get ROR.

Closed Thread