Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
So with Philly and NJD winning, we're guaranteed to draft top-7.

Guaranteed one of:

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan
Nchushkin

Old
04-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post

Guaranteed one of:

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan
Nchushkin
i cannot wait for draft day

Old
04-25-2013, 09:42 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:

Guaranteed one of:

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan
Nchushkin
That's saying we don't go off the board. Which I wouldn't be so sure of given what happened last year

Old
04-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
That's saying we don't go off the board. Which I wouldn't be so sure of given what happened last year
With how desperately this team has been trying to tank since the deadline, I get the feeling they want one of the more 'well known' players. Expecting them to draft one of the guys I mentioned. Maybe they'll pick Nurse if Monohan and Lindholm are gone and they don't like Nichushkin.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:

Guaranteed one of:

Jones
MacKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan
Nchushkin
There's also the possibility that a team behind wins the lottery and bumps us to 8th

Old
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Volica

Quote:
Pshh, it's not like there was an elite level talent, top 10 in every single scouting report available at 14.
Jankowski's the real deal! Remember!? he'd be a top pick this year if he was born a few days later; and remember, Pierre??! A very personal friend of the Jankowski family? How earth shattering this pick was!? .

Sarcasm and being a dick aside. I truly hope that they go with consensus here. Absolutely no point going outside the top 7 under any circumstance; There's elite level talent at 7-8 and below this year... Don't **** around with a project that probably will never see the light of the NHL.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Noori

One thing to note about Monahan. He played on a terrible team this year. He had 78 points. The next guy had 40. That's unreal. He's the guy I hope we get.

Gaudreau/Monahan could be a poor man's version of Toews and Kane. Add in other offensive pieces like Baertschi, Jankowski, and another 1st rounder and that's not a terrible group. If we could grab Bo Horvat or Curtis Lazar with our second pick that would be huge.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Volica

Quick Hitter.

Officially cannot draft top 3 unless we win the lottery. Tampa lost, means 3rd is now out of reach.
Very unlikely that Nashville, Carolina and Edmonton each get a win. Everything's pointing to a 5-8 selection (8 in case someone below Calgary wins the lotto). Most likely the 6th, 7th or 8th overall. Still a really good slot; still have never seen the light of a top 5 pick LOL.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Volica

Quote:
One thing to note about Monohan. He played on a terrible team this year. He had 78 points. The next guy had 40. That's unreal.
He had similar points, if I recall correctly, as a 16-17 year old last year; on an incredibly strong team. Shows he developed, while not really improving his numbers (hard to do on a team that couldn't muster 20 wins). He looks good, it's exciting that someone of this skill level could possibly play in Calgary. A bit of a downer we played ourselves out of the top 3; but being that there are some big time kids available this year... it's not a huge deal.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:40 PM
RaginStajan
It's real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
He had similar points, if I recall correctly, as a 16-17 year old last year; on an incredibly strong team. Shows he developed, while not really improving his numbers (hard to do on a team that couldn't muster 20 wins). He looks good, it's exciting that someone of this skill level could possibly play in Calgary. A bit of a downer we played ourselves out of the top 3; but being that there are some big time kids available this year... it's not a huge deal.
I don't mind the Flames winning games. It shows that we have young guys who want to compete. Even though this wasn't a great season I am satisfied with it. It gave the younger players to show themselves. Like you said the draft is deep this year, Monahan is a great pick up at 7th.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:49 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFeasterWeTrust View Post
I don't mind the Flames winning games. It shows that we have young guys who want to compete. Even though this wasn't a great season I am satisfied with it. It gave the younger players to show themselves. Like you said the draft is deep this year, Monahan is a great pick up at 7th.
Even Lindholm or for some reason if both those guys are gone, Nurse, plus 2 more first round picks and I say we do pretty well in kick starting a rebuild. If we can get a Lindholm/Monaghan+decent offesive talent (top 6)+decent defensman in the first round I would be one happy fan. Too bad we didn't have a second round pick to add some grit and size.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Kranix

If the Flames win the lottery, and Colorado wants Jones, they should trade down for colorado's 3rd overall and Colorado's second rounder and take Drouin. I'm I right folks?

Old
04-25-2013, 11:13 PM
herashak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDuck View Post
If the Flames win the lottery, and Colorado wants Jones, they should trade down for colorado's 3rd overall and Colorado's second rounder and take Drouin. I'm I right folks?
if we win the lottery im taking jones

Old
04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Volica

Quote:
I would be hard pressed not to take Jones.
If Colorado felt like getting Jones, I'd make them pay a lot more than the third overall and the 33rd overall.

Mind you, I'm also one of the guys who's not sold on Drouin being at a similar translation level to MacKinnon or Jones in the NHL. Really wish RO'R was trade-able, because the third overall is where I'd start my sentence, his name is where I'd finish it. Of course, adds on each side; but I'd make Colorado pay much more than the 33rd overall to get the player they want.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Sean Monahan
Moewny

florida-mackinnon
colorado-jones
tampa-drouin
nashville-barkov
edmonton-monahan
carolina-nurse
calgary-lindholm

Old
04-25-2013, 11:39 PM
RaginStajan
It's real!

Only in a perfect world.....

Old
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
florida-mackinnon
colorado-jones
tampa-drouin
nashville-barkov
edmonton-monahan
carolina-nurse
calgary-lindholm
still praying for edmonton to win atleast 1 of their final 2 and have;

florida-mackinnon
colorado-jones
tampa-drouin
nashville-barkov
carolina-nurse/nichushkin
calgary-monahan
edmonton-lindholm

Old
04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Volica

Quote:
Even Lindholm or for some reason if both those guys are gone, Nurse, plus 2 more first round picks and I say we do pretty well in kick starting a rebuild. If we can get a Lindholm/Monaghan+decent offesive talent (top 6)+decent defensman in the first round I would be one happy fan. Too bad we didn't have a second round pick to add some grit and size.
I have a sneak suspicion that one of those later picks might be in play. I think Calgary will be looking to get themselves a high end talent, or big time defensive prospect by dangling that Blues pick (which I feel might be in the 17-18 range if they have a date with LA first round). There are teams that will make a reflex move in the draft. Once the Rangers get knocked out in the first round in 4-5 games, I truly feel that the way this year played out, they'll look to get back into this years draft by almost any means possible.

It's a team that fits the bill in regards to what people in Calgary were talking about when JayBo was traded and it was made apparent Kipper might retire. We will have a ton of cap space to help teams, however, this help doesn't come free. Rangers are not sitting extremely well on the cap, and have to resign 3 of their kids (currently on ELC's, all of which will be getting big time pay days [esp Mr. Stepan]). They sit at 50 million going into next season. McDonagh, Stepan and Hagelin all require new contracts, which will run the Rangers up over 60 million probably. Then they also have to think of Clowe, and getting him resigned maybe, since he's played quite well in New York. They might buyout Richards... but that's a TON of money.

All in all, the Rangers will be up there on the cap, a poor showing this year (for the investment in Nash), no first round pick and not much wiggle room to actually get better in any way over the summer. It's why I feel they might be the guys who make a big step up, try and get one of Calgary's later picks (even if it's the Pens one) for a high end player/prospect, and an expensive contract.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
florida-mackinnon
colorado-jones
tampa-drouin
nashville-barkov
edmonton-monahan
carolina-nurse
calgary-lindholm
Florida-Drouin
Colorado-Jones
Tampa-Nichushkin
Nashville-Barkov
Edmonton-Nurse
Carolina-Lindholm
Calgary-Monahan

That's how I see it playing out if that's the draft order.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Quick Hitter.

Officially cannot draft top 3 unless we win the lottery. Tampa lost, means 3rd is now out of reach.
Very unlikely that Nashville, Carolina and Edmonton each get a win. Everything's pointing to a 5-8 selection (8 in case someone below Calgary wins the lotto). Most likely the 6th, 7th or 8th overall. Still a really good slot; still have never seen the light of a top 5 pick LOL.
Can't we still get the 3rd pick? If Tampa wins there last game and we lose ours in regulation, we'd have an identical record (19-25-4) and the tie-breaker would be goal differential, in which case they would win and be ahead of us... Am I missing something?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
herashak

you sure goal differential is the next criteria?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
you sure goal differential is the next criteria?
No lol, I suppose I could check...

Old
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Volica

Quote:
florida-mackinnon
colorado-jones
tampa-drouin
nashville-barkov
edmonton-monahan
carolina-nurse
calgary-lindholm
Still think Jones is the first overall pick, no matter who's drafting. I think Edmonton will win one more game... but I think that's all the winning the bottom 7 teams will be doing the rest of the way. Nashville might be able to get one from Columbus, who might be in one of those situations where they try too hard, and end up hurting themselves bad.

The Raleigh boys won't beat Pittsburgh, even if Pitts lets off a bit, or rests it's stars (I don't think anyone will rest in the shortened season). Don't think Calgary will do much more tomorrow night. I think Chicago wants to go into the playoffs hot; luckily it's not their last game and they get Calgary off the back-to-back.

Pretty much think that it will look the same at the end of the day as it is now, except that Oilers move to 7th, Calgary to 6th, Carolina to 5th. Gives Calgary the Lindholm/Monahan pick; which is nice.
Jones - MacKinnon - Drouin - Barkov - Nurse - Lindholm/Monahan
Is how I see it playing out. I have a feeling if Monahan is off the table, Edmonton takes the Finn D-man.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:20 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
I half agree. Trade down for Colorado's 2nd rounder (or more, if they'll do it), and take MacKinnon. Same principle, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Can't we still get the 3rd pick? If Tampa wins there last game and we lose ours in regulation, we'd have an identical record (19-25-4) and the tie-breaker would be goal differential, in which case they would win and be ahead of us... Am I missing something?
Assuming it's the same as playoffs, regular/OT wins is first. Calgary has at least 1 more than Tampa, regardless of whether or not TB wins their next game and ties for points.

And based on the matchups, I have zero expectations that Edmonton or Carolina wins their remaining games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Florida-Drouin
Colorado-Jones
Tampa-Nichushkin
Nashville-Barkov
Edmonton-Nurse
Carolina-Lindholm
Calgary-Monahan

That's how I see it playing out if that's the draft order.
Whoever's picking 8th will be thrilled to get MacKinnon, then.

Last edited by SmellOfVictory: 04-26-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
No lol, I suppose I could check...
ROW is criteria. And of course, Calgary can't win in a shootout, so of course, we have a better ROW than some playoff teams; and only 3 non-playoff teams have better ones than us as well.
*Edit* none of which are below us.

Closed Thread