Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 AM
bozybo

vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710
is this guys mock ********? Barkov 7? Mackinnon3? Lindholm13?

Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
tyflames

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
I stopped reading with Hagg going like 5th. He has been terrible in the U18s

Old
04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Quote:
Its pretty terrible, Hagg at 5 is a joke. Its not impossible other than that. Drafts never go completely by the book but when they are deep like this one they are usually a little more predictable.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
FlamesFreak4

vCash: 8454
Yeah that's pretty awfull, other notables; Hagg at 6, Fucale at 9, J.Subban at 26, Ristolainen outside the top 30...

Old
04-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Unkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Just no.

I can take losing 1 game in hopes of drafting 4th...

Winning a 100% useless game for a worse pick is what we dont need.
But in players's minds that game will probably be last one for Kipper, so I'm waiting for a battle, no giving up. Kipper will be amazing...

I also agree that it will be better for Flames if we lose it in regular time.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy

vCash: 3000
Quote:
In 2 of the 3 mock drafts, Monahan drops to #10.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Its pretty terrible, Hagg at 5 is a joke. Its not impossible other than that. Drafts never go completely by the book but when they are deep like this one they are usually a little more predictable.
While I see Edmonton getting a Dman, because of a knee jerk reaction. It will definitely not be Hagg. I'm thinking they either make the push for Nurse, or they grab the Finn.

*Edit*
Would anyone else be completely disappointed if Calgary got someone like Shinkaruk? I think I would put my foot through my TV lol. Not that he isn't a good player... but absolutely last thing Calgary needs is an undersized C/LW; I really want a big draft this year lol.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
While I see Edmonton getting a Dman, because of a knee jerk reaction. It will definitely not be Hagg. I'm thinking they either make the push for Nurse, or they grab the Finn.

*Edit*
Would anyone else be completely disappointed if Calgary got someone like Shinkaruk? I think I would put my foot through my TV lol. Not that he isn't a good player... but absolutely last thing Calgary needs is an undersized C/LW; I really want a big draft this year lol.
Many would be.

With Calgary going so hard after ROR, I don't see us passing on Monahan or Lindholm if available.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 142
Quote:

*Edit*
If we draft at 7 or 8 and jones/mac/drouin/barkov/mohan/lind are all gone Hunter wouldn't be the worst pick still probably not my first choice.

Really like Hoffners list for us (but a lot of weird selections for other teams)

Old
04-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Many would be.

With Calgary going so hard after ROR, I don't see us passing on Monahan or Lindholm if available.
Especially with what our scouting staff was saying about Lindholm earlier this year. I'm nervously excited about this draft. I'm excited for Monday, and excited for the playoffs to see where St. Louis and Pens end up. I've said this already, although I love Iggy, and what he's done for Calgary. I'd be all for the Pens getting upset in the first round or knocked out in the second lol.

From those Mock drafts, one name I completely forgot about in the late first round was Morin. Him, Hagg and the tumbling Zadorov I'd be all for snagging with the latest pick we have.

In my mind:
Calgary: Top center (Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan)
St. Louis: BPA (I don't care if it's a Dman, or a forward. I.E, if someone slips, as I feel might happen for Max Domi, Wennberg or Mantha).
Pitts: Defensive project with a high ceiling. He doesn't have to be NHL ready next year, but one that's relatively close but also has more room to improve would be the best case scenario.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:52 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

I say Lazar with that last pick

Old
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
bozybo

I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

Quote:
I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?
Has the tools to be a dominate player in this league.
I don't know a thing about his work ethic; so I can't comment in that regard. Guys like MacKinnon, are devoted to the game and have the skill to back it up. He's in the gym early, he's working hard when he's not playing... he wants it.

There are a ton of guys who could possibly be the 'best player' in this years draft, and that makes it exciting.

Really wish Calgary drafts Nichushkin, but like in an old timey 1970's-1990's way; where he's hidden and people are unsure, and then Calgary's like "We're proud to select out of Chelyabinsk..." Bring him out old time style, get that sweater on him, and reveal he's gotten out of the deal and can play this year lol.
But I don't think that'll happen.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Unkki

Quote:
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
If we draft at 7 or 8 and jones/mac/drouin/barkov/mohan/lind are all gone Hunter wouldn't be the worst pick still probably not my first choice.
In this scenario it would be hard to make decision, but I'd take Nichuskin for sure, if there isn't any KHL-scaring -**** or something like that.

With the STL-pick I'd take Max Domi, Alexander Wennberg or Bo Horvat if they're available. I think that there's a chance of Rasmus Ristolainen to drop all the way to this pick and it would be nice choice too. He's big, mean and a good skater and I've seen his playing much.

The third pick (from Pens) is nice to use to a defender, if we have already drafted two forwards. Of course we have to take best player available if there's that kind of situation when drafting (Lazar, Fucale etc.)

When will be the draft lottery day?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
Agree.

In this scenario it would be hard to make decision, but I'd take Nichuskin for sure, if there isn't any KHL-scaring -**** or something like that.

With the STL-pick I'd take Max Domi, Alexander Wennberg or Bo Horvat if they're available. I think that there's a chance of Rasmus Ristolainen to drop all the way to this pick and it would be nice choice too. He's big, mean and a good skater and I've seen his playing much.

The third pick (from Pens) is nice to use to a defender, if we have already drafted two forwards. Of course we have to take best player available if there's that kind of situation when drafting (Lazar, Fucale etc.)

When will be the draft lottery day?
Its on Monday, the 29th.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 308
Quote:
I think he's in the high-ish risk, very high reward category.

If he's available when Calgary picks, I'll be shocked - and disappointed if we pass on him.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Do you think our first pick (5,6, or 7) plus butler could get tampas pick?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I think he's in the high-ish risk, very high reward category.

If he's available when Calgary picks, I'll be shocked - and disappointed if we pass on him.
I wouldn't be so long as Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board. Can't afford to **** up this pick. Guy could be Tarasenko or he could be Radulov. Id want management to be sold that he was coming over.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
No, Butler is a pretty run of the mill piece. They can get someone close to him in FA.

I think they might be receptive to something like this:

Calgary 1st (6th), Pittsburgh 1st (29th)

for

Tampa 1st (3rd), Tampa 3rd (63rd), Tampa 4th (93rd)

Thats IF they don't want one of the Forwards and think they can drop back for Nurse.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
I don't think so.
If it goes:
Jones, Drouin, TAMPA; then I'd be all for Calgary's 1st + Pen's 1st to move down for MacKinnon.
It would mean one less pick, but would mean we're getting the franchise changing forward we've needed for so long.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
With regards to Nichushkin, I don't have much of a problem with the Russian factor. It's the fact that he's a winger which bugs me. We need to draft a top flight center.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I wouldn't be so long as Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board. Can't afford to **** up this pick. Guy could be Tarasenko or he could be Radulov. Id want management to be sold that he was coming over.
Meh, "coming over" doesn't concern me. You have to like this kind of scouting report though.

https://twitter.com/ISShockey/status...46409177944064

ISS Top 30#12 Valery Nichushkin
Hands are as dominating as his size. Ability to takeover a game. Has that "Wow" factor that scouts like.

I've seen this domination in some highlight clips - the big question is can he do it consistently?

@ Noori, he's played centre as well.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 142
Quote:
I don't think so.
If it goes:
Jones, Drouin, TAMPA; then I'd be all for Calgary's 1st + Pen's 1st to move down for MacKinnon.
It would mean one less pick, but would mean we're getting the franchise changing forward we've needed for so long.
I'd think it would be very hard to move into the top 3 this year to where the cost might be Ours + the St. Louis pick or higher.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
But in players's minds that game will probably be last one for Kipper, so I'm waiting for a battle, no giving up. Kipper will be amazing...

I also agree that it will be better for Flames if we lose it in regular time.
Joey Mac starting.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Radulov wasn't a bad pick mind you. Hes not a bust by any long shot. The preds just didn't manage or negotiate with him well.

Closed Thread