HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 AM
  #851
bozybo
Registered User
 
bozybo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710
is this guys mock ********? Barkov 7? Mackinnon3? Lindholm13?

bozybo is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #852
tyflames
Registered User
 
tyflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710
is this guys mock ********? Barkov 7? Mackinnon3? Lindholm13?
I stopped reading with Hagg going like 5th. He has been terrible in the U18s

tyflames is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
  #853
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710
is this guys mock ********? Barkov 7? Mackinnon3? Lindholm13?
Its pretty terrible, Hagg at 5 is a joke. Its not impossible other than that. Drafts never go completely by the book but when they are deep like this one they are usually a little more predictable.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
  #854
FlamesFreak4
Registered User
 
FlamesFreak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 932
vCash: 8454
Yeah that's pretty awfull, other notables; Hagg at 6, Fucale at 9, J.Subban at 26, Ristolainen outside the top 30...

FlamesFreak4 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:11 AM
  #855
Unkki
Registered User
 
Unkki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Just no.

I can take losing 1 game in hopes of drafting 4th...

Winning a 100% useless game for a worse pick is what we dont need.
But in players's minds that game will probably be last one for Kipper, so I'm waiting for a battle, no giving up. Kipper will be amazing...

I also agree that it will be better for Flames if we lose it in regular time.

Unkki is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
  #856
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,581
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710
is this guys mock ********? Barkov 7? Mackinnon3? Lindholm13?
In 2 of the 3 mock drafts, Monahan drops to #10.


Anglesmith is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:32 AM
  #857
Volica
Southern AB Dandy
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Its pretty terrible, Hagg at 5 is a joke. Its not impossible other than that. Drafts never go completely by the book but when they are deep like this one they are usually a little more predictable.
While I see Edmonton getting a Dman, because of a knee jerk reaction. It will definitely not be Hagg. I'm thinking they either make the push for Nurse, or they grab the Finn.

*Edit*
Would anyone else be completely disappointed if Calgary got someone like Shinkaruk? I think I would put my foot through my TV lol. Not that he isn't a good player... but absolutely last thing Calgary needs is an undersized C/LW; I really want a big draft this year lol.

Volica is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
  #858
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s
 
The Ultimate Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,272
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
While I see Edmonton getting a Dman, because of a knee jerk reaction. It will definitely not be Hagg. I'm thinking they either make the push for Nurse, or they grab the Finn.

*Edit*
Would anyone else be completely disappointed if Calgary got someone like Shinkaruk? I think I would put my foot through my TV lol. Not that he isn't a good player... but absolutely last thing Calgary needs is an undersized C/LW; I really want a big draft this year lol.
Many would be.

With Calgary going so hard after ROR, I don't see us passing on Monahan or Lindholm if available.

The Ultimate Warrior is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
  #859
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
While I see Edmonton getting a Dman, because of a knee jerk reaction. It will definitely not be Hagg. I'm thinking they either make the push for Nurse, or they grab the Finn.

*Edit*
Would anyone else be completely disappointed if Calgary got someone like Shinkaruk? I think I would put my foot through my TV lol. Not that he isn't a good player... but absolutely last thing Calgary needs is an undersized C/LW; I really want a big draft this year lol.
If we draft at 7 or 8 and jones/mac/drouin/barkov/mohan/lind are all gone Hunter wouldn't be the worst pick still probably not my first choice.

Really like Hoffners list for us (but a lot of weird selections for other teams)

SaintMorose is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:50 AM
  #860
Volica
Southern AB Dandy
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Many would be.

With Calgary going so hard after ROR, I don't see us passing on Monahan or Lindholm if available.
Especially with what our scouting staff was saying about Lindholm earlier this year. I'm nervously excited about this draft. I'm excited for Monday, and excited for the playoffs to see where St. Louis and Pens end up. I've said this already, although I love Iggy, and what he's done for Calgary. I'd be all for the Pens getting upset in the first round or knocked out in the second lol.

From those Mock drafts, one name I completely forgot about in the late first round was Morin. Him, Hagg and the tumbling Zadorov I'd be all for snagging with the latest pick we have.

In my mind:
Calgary: Top center (Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan)
St. Louis: BPA (I don't care if it's a Dman, or a forward. I.E, if someone slips, as I feel might happen for Max Domi, Wennberg or Mantha).
Pitts: Defensive project with a high ceiling. He doesn't have to be NHL ready next year, but one that's relatively close but also has more room to improve would be the best case scenario.

Volica is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:52 AM
  #861
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,147
vCash: 500
I say Lazar with that last pick

King In The North is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
  #862
bozybo
Registered User
 
bozybo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?

bozybo is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  #863
Volica
Southern AB Dandy
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?
Has the tools to be a dominate player in this league.
I don't know a thing about his work ethic; so I can't comment in that regard. Guys like MacKinnon, are devoted to the game and have the skill to back it up. He's in the gym early, he's working hard when he's not playing... he wants it.

There are a ton of guys who could possibly be the 'best player' in this years draft, and that makes it exciting.

Really wish Calgary drafts Nichushkin, but like in an old timey 1970's-1990's way; where he's hidden and people are unsure, and then Calgary's like "We're proud to select out of Chelyabinsk..." Bring him out old time style, get that sweater on him, and reveal he's gotten out of the deal and can play this year lol.
But I don't think that'll happen.

Volica is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
  #864
Unkki
Registered User
 
Unkki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
If we draft at 7 or 8 and jones/mac/drouin/barkov/mohan/lind are all gone Hunter wouldn't be the worst pick still probably not my first choice.
In this scenario it would be hard to make decision, but I'd take Nichuskin for sure, if there isn't any KHL-scaring -**** or something like that.

With the STL-pick I'd take Max Domi, Alexander Wennberg or Bo Horvat if they're available. I think that there's a chance of Rasmus Ristolainen to drop all the way to this pick and it would be nice choice too. He's big, mean and a good skater and I've seen his playing much.

The third pick (from Pens) is nice to use to a defender, if we have already drafted two forwards. Of course we have to take best player available if there's that kind of situation when drafting (Lazar, Fucale etc.)

When will be the draft lottery day?

Unkki is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
  #865
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
Agree.



In this scenario it would be hard to make decision, but I'd take Nichuskin for sure, if there isn't any KHL-scaring -**** or something like that.

With the STL-pick I'd take Max Domi, Alexander Wennberg or Bo Horvat if they're available. I think that there's a chance of Rasmus Ristolainen to drop all the way to this pick and it would be nice choice too. He's big, mean and a good skater and I've seen his playing much.

The third pick (from Pens) is nice to use to a defender, if we have already drafted two forwards. Of course we have to take best player available if there's that kind of situation when drafting (Lazar, Fucale etc.)

When will be the draft lottery day?
Its on Monday, the 29th.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
  #866
Ace Rimmer
Moderator
What a guy!
 
Ace Rimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Io
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozybo View Post
I think Valeri Nichushkin has the potential to become the best player out of the draft what do you guys think?
I think he's in the high-ish risk, very high reward category.

If he's available when Calgary picks, I'll be shocked - and disappointed if we pass on him.

Ace Rimmer is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
  #867
AfricanHerbsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Do you think our first pick (5,6, or 7) plus butler could get tampas pick?

AfricanHerbsman is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
  #868
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I think he's in the high-ish risk, very high reward category.

If he's available when Calgary picks, I'll be shocked - and disappointed if we pass on him.
I wouldn't be so long as Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board. Can't afford to **** up this pick. Guy could be Tarasenko or he could be Radulov. Id want management to be sold that he was coming over.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
  #869
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
Do you think our first pick (5,6, or 7) plus butler could get tampas pick?
No, Butler is a pretty run of the mill piece. They can get someone close to him in FA.

I think they might be receptive to something like this:

Calgary 1st (6th), Pittsburgh 1st (29th)

for

Tampa 1st (3rd), Tampa 3rd (63rd), Tampa 4th (93rd)

Thats IF they don't want one of the Forwards and think they can drop back for Nurse.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
  #870
Volica
Southern AB Dandy
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
Do you think our first pick (5,6, or 7) plus butler could get tampas pick?
I don't think so.
If it goes:
Jones, Drouin, TAMPA; then I'd be all for Calgary's 1st + Pen's 1st to move down for MacKinnon.
It would mean one less pick, but would mean we're getting the franchise changing forward we've needed for so long.

Volica is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
  #871
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 763
With regards to Nichushkin, I don't have much of a problem with the Russian factor. It's the fact that he's a winger which bugs me. We need to draft a top flight center.

Noori is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
  #872
Ace Rimmer
Moderator
What a guy!
 
Ace Rimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Io
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I wouldn't be so long as Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board. Can't afford to **** up this pick. Guy could be Tarasenko or he could be Radulov. Id want management to be sold that he was coming over.
Meh, "coming over" doesn't concern me. You have to like this kind of scouting report though.

https://twitter.com/ISShockey/status...46409177944064

ISS Top 30#12 Valery Nichushkin
Hands are as dominating as his size. Ability to takeover a game. Has that "Wow" factor that scouts like.

I've seen this domination in some highlight clips - the big question is can he do it consistently?


@ Noori, he's played centre as well.

Ace Rimmer is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  #873
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
I don't think so.
If it goes:
Jones, Drouin, TAMPA; then I'd be all for Calgary's 1st + Pen's 1st to move down for MacKinnon.
It would mean one less pick, but would mean we're getting the franchise changing forward we've needed for so long.
I'd think it would be very hard to move into the top 3 this year to where the cost might be Ours + the St. Louis pick or higher.

SaintMorose is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  #874
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
But in players's minds that game will probably be last one for Kipper, so I'm waiting for a battle, no giving up. Kipper will be amazing...

I also agree that it will be better for Flames if we lose it in regular time.
Joey Mac starting.

TylerSVT* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
  #875
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 50
Radulov wasn't a bad pick mind you. Hes not a bust by any long shot. The preds just didn't manage or negotiate with him well.

tfong is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.