2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 04:05 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
I am not familiar with Greg chase at all and wonder why you want him in the third round a lot?
Only guy I like more on the Hitman is Rask. Greg's got a nice touch and battles everytime he's on the ice.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Just read on Flames twitter that Weisbrod said they had Galchenyuk #1 on their draft list.

So that's some insight into how they value certain things. And I can't argue with that assessment by them. They seem to really value hockey sense and character. And no that's not a slight against Yakupov. From what I hear he's been a hard working kid for them.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Just read on Flames twitter that Weisbrod said they had Galchenyuk #1 on their draft list.

So that's some insight into how they value certain things. And I can't argue with that assessment by them. They seem to really value hockey sense and character. And no that's not a slight against Yakupov. From what I hear he's been a hard working kid for them.
I had him on my top 2 as well. As I've said several times, four five years from now, he will be the best player from this draft.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:02 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
I'm confident in the flames drafting, If jones is there i 100% believe they will draft him. Feaster said they are building from goalie out, that explains the over kill of acquiring goalies.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
western redmen

vCash: 562
I'm curious about the lottery system, I think u have around 57% (correct me if I'm wrong) chance of drafting 1st if u r the 30th seed. But the chance are still quite high that u loose that 1st overall pick. Do you guys think the chances of loosing that pick should be lowered?

Old
04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
I'm curious about the lottery system, I think u have around 57% (correct me if I'm wrong) chance of drafting 1st if u r the 30th seed. But the chance are still quite high that u loose that 1st overall pick. Do you guys think the chances of loosing that pick should be lowered?
It's 25 percent for the 30th place team. Used to be 48 percent under the old CBA I believe.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post

Where did you see this?

Old
04-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Where did you see this?
..On the Flames twitter...?

Old
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
It's 25 percent for the 30th place team. Used to be 48 percent under the old CBA I believe.
Well that's certainly more fair I guess lol

Old
04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
If our management really likes Lindholm and we have a top 2 pick would anyone be willing to trade down with Buffalo to get there pick and possibly there late first they have as well that they got from Minnesota?
Something like..
To Calgary:
Buffalo first round (5-10)
Buffalo first round (from Minnesota) (22-27)
To Minnesota:
Calgary first (top 3, possibly #2)
Calgary (from Columbus) 5th round pick
+?
I am not saying we should do a deal like that as we should take a top end talent but if our management is set on Lindholm, we should try to get another first out of it.
Pros: we have 4 first round picks
Cons: we give up a Drouin or Mackinnon

Old
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
herashak

how is management set on lindholm, where are people getting that from?

Old
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
how is management set on lindholm, where are people getting that from?
I just read that Weisbrod or someone in management said that they really liked him. No one is saying they are set on him but it is a possibiltiy

Old
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
herashak

Quote:
I just read that Weisbrod or someone in management said that they really liked him. No one is saying they are set on him but it is a possibiltiy
probably because they hadnt realised how bad the flames were and that we are in contention for 1st. if we are in the top 3 i dont see us moving down.

Old
04-06-2013, 07:53 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
probably because they hadnt realised how bad the flames were and that we are in contention for 1st. if we are in the top 3 i dont see us moving down.
I agree but it's a possibility given how Feaster moved down last year when there was good players available

Old
04-06-2013, 08:06 PM
herashak

Quote:
I agree but it's a possibility given how Feaster moved down last year when there was good players available
good players? sure, good as in second pairing d-men. where we are slotted this year we can draft a franchise player.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Shawnofthedeadz

vCash: 660
Hey guys, I was wondering what everyone's opinion on moving Matt Stajan prior to draft?

Apart from the two terrible seasons under Brent, Stajan is back to his normal 50+ point pace. He currently sports an impressive +5 on a team which is completely negative except one other player. Which is more impressive is he is doing this on bottom 5 team. He is also quite reasonable, signed at a cap hit of 3.5 million for next season.

With Erat being moved for a top prospect (one drafted at 11th overall last season), could we expect to see Stajan moved for a similar kind of deal? Or is this something which only happens at the trade deadline? Also, Erat is two years older, signed on for one more year than Stajan and has a cap hit 1 million higher. Erat and Stajan have both put up similar numbers over the last couple of seasons.

So do we trade Stajan? Could we get a deal like Erat's? Or maybe a late first round pick? Or should we keep him?

Old
04-07-2013, 06:55 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedeadz View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering what everyone's opinion on moving Matt Stajan prior to draft?

Apart from the two terrible seasons under Brent, Stajan is back to his normal 50+ point pace. He currently sports an impressive +5 on a team which is completely negative except one other player. Which is more impressive is he is doing this on bottom 5 team. He is also quite reasonable, signed at a cap hit of 3.5 million for next season.

With Erat being moved for a top prospect (one drafted at 11th overall last season), could we expect to see Stajan moved for a similar kind of deal? Or is this something which only happens at the trade deadline? Also, Erat is two years older, signed on for one more year than Stajan and has a cap hit 1 million higher. Erat and Stajan have both put up similar numbers over the last couple of seasons.

So do we trade Stajan? Could we get a deal like Erat's? Or maybe a late first round pick? Or should we keep him?
In my honest opinion, I'd say keep him. I say that because he works incredibly hard game in and game out. This will show the youngsters how to play every game. He also is a good 2 way center, IMO.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:30 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Quote:

For a return like Erat's or as a part of a trade for a young 1C, sure. But not for something like 2nd + a plug, or even a late 1st IMO. He's definitely pulled his weight this season and being an actual legitimate NHL center the Flames can't really afford to throw him away for a ho-hum return. I'm pretty happy going forward with him and Backlund as 2C/3C.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is the old cliché that right now he's probably worth more to the Flames than to other teams.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Flames92

Quote:

I say keep him, him a Stempniak play great under hartley's system and he's still relatively young. If we get really good offer sure, but he's probably worth more to us then what we'll get from another team IMO.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:37 AM

I would like to see the Flames trade pick 17 (St.Louis loses 1st round) and Tanguay for Colorado's pick 2. Maybe throw in something else but it would be nice to get Jones and MacKinnon as they will both play in the NHL. Colorado has alot of young talent but is missing the veteran presence and Tanguay would be perfect for Duchesne.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
DoubleJ96

Flames will have a Top 5 pick and they will get a real good player no matter what spot they draft. I'm hoping it's a center so any of Nate/Drouin/Barkov will make me happy. I would also love to see the Flames trade their other two 1sts, assuming the Blues make playoffs, for another Top 10 pick but I'm sure that's a long shot.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

If we don't get Nate/Drouin or Barkov I will rage...

Old
04-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
If we don't get Nate/Drouin or Barkov I will rage...
People said that about Ottawa taking Alexandre Daigle (instead of Chris Pronger) too.

We know how that went...

Old
04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
I would like to see the Flames trade pick 17 (St.Louis loses 1st round) and Tanguay for Colorado's pick 2. Maybe throw in something else but it would be nice to get Jones and MacKinnon as they will both play in the NHL. Colorado has alot of young talent but is missing the veteran presence and Tanguay would be perfect for Duchesne.
Why would the Avs make that trade when they could just draft Drouin?

Old
04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 712
ISS March Rankings.

Here's their Top Five
1. Seth Jones
2. Valery Nichushkin
3. Nathan MacKinnon
4. Jonathan Drouin
5. Darnell Nurse

IF the Flames picked off that list (and the season ended today, and the lottery doesn't change things)...

#3 - Nathan MacKinnon (C, Halifax, QMJHL)
#18 - Alexander Wennberg (C, Djurgarden, SweJE)
#29 - Nic Petan (C, Portland, WHL)

Closed Thread