Mats Hansson

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

vCash: 500
Mats Hansson

Hey guys i have a question regarding Timrå IK's Mats Hansson, i regard him as a young defender with talent. Even with the quality of this years TIK he still gets playtime and does it well enough. My question is simple, why isn't this guy drafted ?? I've seen him play on numerous occations (i used to live in Timrå (it's where i'm from) and used to have season tickets so i know how good the guy is)... ?

Old
03-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
I personally think that Hansson is pretty underrated and deserves more attention that he gets. Why he has not been drafted?

I think size, mainly. There are without a doubt, less skilled and talented defensemen being drafted in large numbers each year. I am too lazy to check now, but I believe he is still around 180 cm, which is barely 5'11 and he is not the most muscular/heavy defenseman around either. A smallish defenseman really needs to have a spectacular season to get drafted at all (Tobias Enström - rookie of the year, is a good example)

Hansson played 15 games (5 points) in the U20 league and did not represent team Sweden in the U18 WJC the year he was draft eligible for the first time.

Old
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

hmm yeah, i think he will get his breakthrough in a season or 2. He has already played in the national team though.

Closed Thread