I'm currently slated to play with the Wonderland Wizards for next year, a tier two split season team that practices once or twice a week. I recently received an email from the Northern Cyclones offering me a spot on their team next fall. They are a tier one split season teams that is made up of mostly prep school guys and participates in various showcases and tournaments along with a few games so that they are able to qualify for states. The competition is undeniably stronger than what I would play against with wizards. The only downside is that they do not practice. They will play in the following tournaments,Tier 1 Labor Day Showcase (Marlboro, MA)
- Fall Midget Classic (Foxboro, MA)
- Boston Jr. Bruins Shootout (Marlboro, MA)
- Next Level Prospects Series (Hudson, NH)
- Beantown Classic (Exeter, NH)
- NH State Tournament If I did cyclones I would do multiple private lessons each week, more than I would be able to do with the Wizards.
The Wizards will also be competing in
Tier one Labor Day Showcase (Marlboro, MA)
- Fall Midget Classic (Foxboro, MA
I was wondering what your thoughts were on which team may be better. Is it worth not having practices and just doing lessons so that I am able to play against better competition? Or would the practice time outweigh competition level?
Thanks for any thoughts you may have,
Here are the emails and team information from both